Author Topic: Not recognized by iTunes  (Read 280 times)

Offline wodnik7

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
Not recognized by iTunes
« on: July 15, 2016, 10:25:31 PM »
Hello,

I have the iPod touch 1st gen with whited00r on it (I made it some years ago). The problem is, it is not recognized by my SPAM docking station; the support tells me, it is because of the old firmware. So i tried to go back to the stock apple fw, but the ipod isn't being recognized by iTunes any longer. I tried on  my mac (el capitan), and on my vm (windows xp). It is like there is no hardware seen through usb.

Do you have any advices what to do? Thank you!

Offline Chris M.

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Not recognized by iTunes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »
Try another usb port and make sure you installed all the drivers responsive to your device, and there was a thing like troubleshooting the connected devices on windows but i don't remember how it's full name. And make sure to check if your usb cable is not damaged cause you will need a new one or the ipod touch's usb port is damaged. For example my ipod's usb cable is a bit old and it has some little damages so i'm having this problem that my device is not everytime recognized by my computer or iTunes so i'm trying to keep it as straight as possible so all the data to be transmitted much easier and it becomes recognizable :D If these things won't solve the problem try searching on forums and internet for a solution :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:49:50 AM by Chris M. »