Author Topic: 3G Won't Boot When Attempting to Upgrade Baseband  (Read 551 times)

Offline Foxed

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
3G Won't Boot When Attempting to Upgrade Baseband
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:25:27 AM »
Hello,

I have an iphone 3G (no SIM card) and so I'm trying to run the unlocked version of whited00r. (I had previously run the normal version on accident and realized my mistake when I couldn't activate)

Per the instructions, I've been trying to use redsn0w to upgrade to ipad baseband and then to downgrade again. However, the phone always freeze at the apple logo. I can enter DFU, the ipad BB appears to be flashed and the pineapple symbol does its blue loading bar. It goes to the apple boot up icon... and sits there for hours.

I've tried using different versions of redsn0w, hard restarting and other random combinations proposed elsewhere but I can't seem to make t past this point.
Additionally, when I try and restore to 4.2.1 in itunes I get "error 1015".

And also now I'm stuck in recovery loop....EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

What do i need to do to fix this? I can't even get past the activation screen for my phone anymore even when I try and restore... I'm lost.

TL;DR: Apple logo never goes away when attempting to upgrade to ipad baseband and unlock
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:00:55 AM by Foxed »

Offline devprime

• Whited00r Fans And Modifier
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: 3G Won't Boot When Attempting to Upgrade Baseband
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:53:12 AM »
Does your iphone 3g can be detected on your computer ? if so just try to install wd7 unlocked version. maybe it will work
i hope i get an first gen ipad soon so i can taste grayd00r on it :)
Stay oldschool, Stay cool :D

Offline Foxed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
Its definitely detected by the computer, because when i try and restore I get an itunes error.

Also, I've tried using tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery but can't seem to find a button to do it... my tinyumbrella screen has only one button: Fetch OTA, and that seems to do nothing when I click it.

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »
Hello :) I don't know what to suggest in this situation, maybe there is someone that knows how to fix it, but if i will experience this problem i will try to follow all the instructions again from whited00r's website. And you sayd something about failed activation after restore, if you are getting this with normal version the problem may happen if you are using Windows XP operating system, i had a error after restoring saying that it can't connect to iTunes Store, cause they dropped support for XP because some security risks or something similar.

Offline RyanRyan

• Developer
  • meh :/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 06:24:04 AM »
I used redsn0w for this problem, first restore to 3.1.3 not 4.2.1, then upgrade the baseband. If youre stuck in recovery loop then use redsn0w.
First click extra in redsn0w, then choose 3.1.3 original ipsw (not wd7) and then click recovery fix. It should help you out, then after this you do NOT need to activate iphone using sim card (but i assure you have one :)) and then click jailbreak in redsn0w, and unclick everything except upgrade to ipad baseband. After all this (after it reboots and computer recognizes it) restore to wd7 unlocked. I hope it worked for you (cuz it worked for me :D)
never thought ios 3.1.3 would be so interesting :)

Offline Foxed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 05:39:15 PM »
I used redsn0w for this problem, first restore to 3.1.3 not 4.2.1, then upgrade the baseband. If youre stuck in recovery loop then use redsn0w.
First click extra in redsn0w, then choose 3.1.3 original ipsw (not wd7) and then click recovery fix. It should help you out, then after this you do NOT need to activate iphone using sim card (but i assure you have one :)) and then click jailbreak in redsn0w, and unclick everything except upgrade to ipad baseband. After all this (after it reboots and computer recognizes it) restore to wd7 unlocked. I hope it worked for you (cuz it worked for me :D)

Well, I recovered it to 3.1.3... but it booted up to recovery mode again! The only thing is, the recovery symbol is now the old itunes model which means on some level it did change to 3.1.3, but something went wrong? Either way, I tried to use redsn0w to kick it but when I tried to select the 3.1.3 original ispsw as the one it was currently operating on, I got a "this ipsw is not supported" message, and i tried several versions of redsn0w. Ideas?

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »
Well, I recovered it to 3.1.3... but it booted up to recovery mode again! The only thing is, the recovery symbol is now the old itunes model which means on some level it did change to 3.1.3, but something went wrong? Either way, I tried to use redsn0w to kick it but when I tried to select the 3.1.3 original ispsw as the one it was currently operating on, I got a "this ipsw is not supported" message, and i tried several versions of redsn0w. Ideas?
When i installed whited00r i didn't saw something related to baseband in the installation guide, go here http://www.whited00r.com/installation?lang=en&install=1 select your device, and do exactly what is written in the tutorial :)

Offline RyanRyan

• Developer
  • meh :/
    • View Profile
never thought ios 3.1.3 would be so interesting :)