Author Topic: Youtube workaround - Yes it works!  (Read 608 times)

Offline jackoverfull

• To the future, blinkin' an eye to the past.
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Youtube workaround - Yes it works!
« on: December 28, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »
Not sure there is still someone around, but I still do use my 3G with whited00r quite happily, even if only as tertiary phone.

Anyway, this is a workaround to see YouTube videos I've thought of a few weeks ago, it works quite fine!
It works fine even on a stock iOS 3 and probably on many devices that are in similar dire straits.

1) First of all, copy your youtube URL. YouTube search actually still works fine using Opera Mini.

2) Now switch to Safari and head for convert2mp3.net . Similar services might work too, but some doesn't and many are not friendly to our old devices.

3) past the URL in the "videolink" field, then chose "video - mp4" as format and 360 as quality. 460 works too and probably 260 will do as well, higher doesn't.

4) Click on the button  and wait a few seconds. When the video is ready click on "download" and it will play!

Offline Chris M.

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Youtube workaround - Yes it works!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
Hello, read this topic http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php/topic,13018.new.html#new and all the comments and you will find more ways and browsers that plays Youtube!
Hope i helped