Author Topic: [SOLVED] Experiencing problems watching videos in Whited00r  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Chris M.

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Hello, i'm experiencing some problems watching Youtube videos in Whited00r 7.1(my device is iPod 2g MB and i installed all the essential packages from Cydia and the Whited00r OTA updates). First time i had Whited00r i bypassed the iTunes activation so i didn't had iOS 3 push and Youtube certs :D All was working fine but not push notifications, cause everytime i was opening an app that requires them it sayd that i need to connect my device to iTunes. So since i bypassed that activation some old iOS 4 stuff remains on my device so Youtube was working great on all the browsers from ATM(Safari has some bugs everytime, when open Youtube it crashes sometimes and  it just don't load up Facebook and i can't view anithing in the News Feed or Messages, that's why i used third-party apps). So after that i decided to restore my iPod again and activate it properly, but then i was experiencing problems watching Youtube, on Mercury browser the videos just loads and loads but can't buffer it, i wait for 5 minutes to buffer a video and it just sits there so i tried on Safari. In Safari the thing is a little funny :D Almost all the videos on DinoZambas2' channel are working so i can watch them, but on other channels i can't :D :D :D For example on TheFullyWD's channel the play button is splited so i can't press it for videos to buffer and then watch them, same on other channels. On iTechy21's videos even aren't splited play buttons, it's just black screen lol. It's odd cause i can't watch normally Youtube videos FROM YOUTUBE but i can watch CpVideoMaker's youtube video tutorial from PushFixer :D http://pushfixer.com/howto.php (screenshots below) i think Whited00r is trolling me, please fix this bug :D Thanks
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:49:40 AM by Chris M. »

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
Re: Experiencing problems watching videos in Whited00r
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »
More screeny :)

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 12:06:29 PM »
ANd more from push fixer :D

Offline dellieuxr

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »
I noticed that problem, too. This issue only appears on iOS 3.1.3. It doesn't appear on iOS 4.2.1 (latest iOS for the iPod Touch 2G).
I think it's because some video formats are incompatible with iOS 3.
I don't think there is anything to do, since it's an internal iOS problem :(
You can always put you iPod back to iOS 4.2.1...
Watching videos on YouTube is a problem on Whited00r since Google dropped support for the native YouTube app, which used to work perfectly :(
Typhlosion <3

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 12:45:02 PM »
I know this thing, i thought if youtube works for some vids we can fix to work for all, but it seems to an internal problem. That's why Youtube worked perfectly when i bypassed the iTunes activation, cause the old formats from iOS 4.2.1 weren't replaced with iOS 3.1.3 ones. I don't how exactly i have done that but i think it's a good option since i don't have these awesome features and speed on iOS 4.2.1 and push aren't working on both, so with push certs or not, it's still the same :D

Offline dellieuxr

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »
Well, if you could say how you did that, it could help :)
Typhlosion <3

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »
So this is how it was: i'm having Windows XP running on my computer and Apple dropped support for it because of some security risks (read this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7005551?tstart=0 )  i didn't knew that and i started restoring my ipod touch with whited00r 7.1 for the first time. The restoring process was good, but then my ipod was stock on "Connect to iTunes" it was waiting for the activation but iTunes gave me the error from the link above but as i sayd, i didn't knew that security problem from Apple and i unpluged my device and started searching on forums and found that someone has this problem and he just plugged his device in to computer with iTunes open, and after 5 mins it started syncing. I tried by myself this thing and mine was syncing too, not fully cause the program wasn't able to connect to the iTunes Store so it was half-activated(you can slide to unlock but you don't have push certs). But according to this http:// www.mobigage.com/
images/01MobiGageActivateTouch.... ,you can activate your iPod just by
plugging into any usb 2.0 port for a
couple of seconds :) as far as i know this works only on iOS 3
And i found a video on Youtube where someone bypassed the activation by turning off the device  and holding the home button for 5 seconds (or something similar), and i think it's this   https://youtube.com/watch?v=bpidQE59VbM&fulldescription=1&gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en
I don't know exactly if it's this cause i can't youtube on my ipod, but it looks like that's it.
Hope it helped :)

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 01:33:03 PM »
But i think it will be much better to extract the corresponding files from iOS 4.2.1 and importing them in Whited00r. The problem is i don't know which files are those :(

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 07:57:43 AM »
I found a new method of watching youtube videos. Since iOS 3 won't support all the formats not all the videos from Safari will load, so there is a fix for this. Open Opera Mini and go to video that you want to watch. Modify the address with "ss" before "youtube.com/watch?/xxxxxxxxxxxx" and you will be redirected to savefrom.net (a third-party youtube video downloader) and select your format (i'm choosing everytime MP4 360p). But on iOS 3 you can't download files from internet, so you will be redirected in Safari and the video will play :) you can save your videos in bookmarks and watch them later. It's not the fastest method but it works, and you can watch high quality vids :D

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Experiencing problems watching videos in Whited00r
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 05:25:42 PM »
Hello, i found an alternative app for watching Youtube videos and it works very well. I found it from a user. The app that i'm talking about is MiniBrowser pro
If you want a Fast simple browser I would suggest Mini Browser or Mini browser pro its a simple fast browser and the latest version works fine on ios 3.1.3 it also plays youtube videos fine without lag.  ipa and appstore links: http://iapps-old.weebly.com
Just go to this link( http://iapps-old.weebly.com/downloads.html ) and you will find ios 3 compatible apps, there is the mini browser too. Just click on "download" and it will redirect you to a cracked version on AppStore, install and you can use it. You can watch easily Youtube videos in HQ and normal quality and works for all, in Safari you can watch only some of the videos because ios 3 don't have all video certs.
P.S. i was able to watch a google+ video on this browser too!!!
Hope i helped :)