Author Topic: iPhone 3G with WD 7.1 docking station without sound  (Read 282 times)

Offline bommi75

• Whited00r 7 iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
iPhone 3G with WD 7.1 docking station without sound
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »
Hello everybody!
I have not been around for quite a long time, but now it's time  ;)
I bought for my daughters a docking station for one of my two 3Gs. The docking station is recognized but it does not play any sound ...
My other 3G plays flawless music. The docking station is thus intact.
Since the device has been "tormented" by children's fingers for some time, I do not know if it has fallen and a hardware defect is present or whether any software setting was changed.
I tried to listen to music on the headphone jack but that does not work. When trying to connect the device with my bluetooth headset, I noticed that the bluetooth setting does not work. The switch always goes off automatically!
I am afraid that there is some connection to the lack of sound.
How can I test if there is a hardware defect?
About 2 years ago, the phone was still in everyday use with all functions (including sounds, music etc) before it became a "toy phone" for the children ... In the meantime, I have times cydia opened and possibly sources updated, which I would not have changed better.
Hopefully someone can help with my vague information.
Many Thanks!

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: iPhone 3G with WD 7.1 docking station without sound
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:45:02 AM »
By Docking device, do you mean something like iHome? If yes, go to settings> whited00r settings , and in the last page or somewhere there is a settings to enable the docking for iHome (I'm sorry, it's been a long time since I've used my iPhone...) and the bluetooth turning of is a hardware problem... I used to also face that...
Hope this helps!
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3