Author Topic: WIFI NOT WORKING on WD 4.3.1  (Read 1853 times)

Offline ally

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
WIFI NOT WORKING on WD 4.3.1
« on: April 20, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
Hi,

I downloaded the new version of 4.3.1 a few days ago and now my Iphone's wifi wont work at all. It connects, and it looks like its connected, but then it isnt able to download anything! Without realizing, I maxed my 3g allowance for the month because I thought I was running on WIFI.

Firstly, I cant believe you are still promoting WD 4.3.1 on the homepage, facebook etc saying how good it is when its not the case! There is a very serious known problem with the WIFI. You should be warning people that they could potentially lose all WIFI functionality, not just on this version, but on any other version they install afterwards to try and fix the problem. You need to be telling people the facts, because if you had bothered to do that I wouldn’t be in this situation!! Please, make it public, stop letting others mess up their phone too!

Secondly, as Ive tried installing several versions (WD, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2) even the latest version direct from I-tunes, and I’m still suffering the same WIFI problem, can you please let us know ASAP what we need to do to fix it. This is way beyond the OS, this is deep down in the phones internal coding.
Everyone who has this problem please post here, so we can see truly how serious this thing is. And WD, please get this sorted ASAP!

Thanks

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: WIFI NOT WORKING on WD 4.3.1
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:34:36 AM »
FYI: The problem is... Is the developers aren't always able to duplicate these problems. Most the time these problems are unique to the user. We have had cases where the WiFi isn't working for some. But the majority it is worming. So it's not necessarily that easy. Try restoring to Apple 3.1.3

if it's not working then... Most likely it's a problem on your end. 
iPhone 2G, 8GB - iPhone 4S, 16GB, iOS v6.1
Multi-Tasking v1.0.3 - Folders v1.2.1 - iOS 3 Wallpaper 1.0.2(1)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline Alavi

• Naib
    • View Profile
    • www.macola.rs
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
Hi,

I downloaded the new version of 4.3.1 a few days ago and now my Iphone's wifi wont work at all. It connects, and it looks like its connected, but then it isnt able to download anything! Without realizing, I maxed my 3g allowance for the month because I thought I was running on WIFI.

Firstly, I cant believe you are still promoting WD 4.3.1 on the homepage, facebook etc saying how good it is when its not the case! There is a very serious known problem with the WIFI. You should be warning people that they could potentially lose all WIFI functionality, not just on this version, but on any other version they install afterwards to try and fix the problem. You need to be telling people the facts, because if you had bothered to do that I wouldn’t be in this situation!! Please, make it public, stop letting others mess up their phone too!

Secondly, as Ive tried installing several versions (WD, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2) even the latest version direct from I-tunes, and I’m still suffering the same WIFI problem, can you please let us know ASAP what we need to do to fix it. This is way beyond the OS, this is deep down in the phones internal coding.
Everyone who has this problem please post here, so we can see truly how serious this thing is. And WD, please get this sorted ASAP!

Thanks

dude, chill, chance that wifi won't work with WD is the same as the chance it won't work with original or jailbroken firmware.
it's due to device talking to FW, not the FW's fault.
Restore a few times, do a hard restart (home+power hold for 10sec) and so on, and it might work.

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 12:18:39 AM »
I'm almost 100% it's hardware, same thing happed to me :(
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline Gawernator

• @Whited00r Twitter
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r God
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:45:21 AM »
Sorry, but your hardware has failed.
iPhone 2G 16GB + iPhone 4 32 GB White <Gawernator> iPhones are made with maple syrup in the processor <Gawernator> in Canada <Gawernator> it causes slowdowns
@Whited00r on Twitter