Author Topic: iOS 3.1.3 vs Whited00r Lite  (Read 7092 times)

Offline filenox

• www.twitter.com / filenox
    • View Profile
iOS 3.1.3 vs Whited00r Lite
« on: May 28, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »
Hello

I don't know where this kind of questions belong so I hope this subforum is alright for you guys?

Currently I own an iPhone 3G with 3.1.3 on because the speed of iOS4 almost killed me..
Now I discovered this project, which looks very interesting. But still I have 2 questions for you.

How much faster is the Lite version of Whited00r compared to the original 3.1.3-version of Apple?
Is the full version of Whited00r still faster then 3.1.3?

Thanks and greets
filenox

"Anyone who never made a mistake has never tried anything new" --- twitter.com / filenox

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: iOS 3.1.3 vs Whited00r Lite
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »
No because when you jailbreak with whited00r you have to sacrifice some of your speed for mobile substrates required for some of our features
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline filenox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »
So if you want a real speedmachine you should stay at Apple's iOS 3.1.3 (or buy an iPhone4)?  :)
"Anyone who never made a mistake has never tried anything new" --- twitter.com / filenox

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »
So if you want a real speedmachine you should stay at Apple's iOS 3.1.3 (or buy an iPhone4)?  :)

or 3GS. ;)

The iPhone 3GS is still pretty fast. But I have been hearing rumors that it will not support iOS 5
iPhone 2G, 8GB - iPhone 4S, 16GB, iOS v6.1
Multi-Tasking v1.0.3 - Folders v1.2.1 - iOS 3 Wallpaper 1.0.2(1)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline filenox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »
Mmm, staying at iOS3 sounds like a bit cheaper to me sooo that's the best solution :)
I just need to tweak iOS3 a bit more, to bad you can't find iOS3-tweaks easily, most of them are for iOS4.

Offline mattewre

• Whited00r Founder
  • Administrator
  • Whited00r Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.whited00r.com
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
the best solution is:
- 3.1.3 Apple original
- daemons removal and other optimizations
- NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING installed from cydia (90% of packages slow down your device)

but your devices will be boring! so whited00r is a good solution (it comes with really few addons that doesn't slow down you device too much). Next release (4.4) will allow you to tweak your device directly on it according to your needs (you also could disable everything and make it as "the best solution" posted above)
iPhone 2G Unlocker, iPhone 3G Normal, iPod Touch 2G MB, iPod Touch 2G MC

Offline filenox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »
Copy that :)

Of course there is nothing wrong with installing nice stuff if it doesn't slow down your device.
That's why I added the whitedoor-repo in cydia and installed 'wallpaper for whited00r lite" and it works like a charm, great :)

Still i've got one single problem, the font color isn't really optimized for non-black wallpapers so is it possible to change the fontcolor on the springboard - without installing Winterboard ?  ???

Edit: fixed that problem with the Cydia-app IOS3 Icon Shadows. not a good solution.

Now i'm searching how to get the iOS4-dock.... not very easy without using Winterboard....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:42:30 PM by filenox »

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 04:09:25 PM »
Copy that :)

Of course there is nothing wrong with installing nice stuff if it doesn't slow down your device.
That's why I added the whitedoor-repo in cydia and installed 'wallpaper for whited00r lite" and it works like a charm, great :)

Still i've got one single problem, the font color isn't really optimized for non-black wallpapers so is it possible to change the fontcolor on the springboard - without installing Winterboard ?  ???

Edit: fixed that problem with the Cydia-app IOS3 Icon Shadows. not a good solution.

Now i'm searching how to get the iOS4-dock.... not very easy without using Winterboard....

Try the "Reflective Dock" I think theres one in the WD Repo... Or Phil might have taken it out.
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline filenox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Works like a charm  :-*  ;)

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »