Author Topic: How To Backup your Push Notification Certificates  (Read 52338 times)

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: How To Backup your Push Notification Certificates
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 09:08:42 AM »
And if you absolutely NEED the push notification sets PM me and I will send you the link. IF YOU HAVE PUSH Notifications that work right now, STOP and back your set up!!
iPhone 2G, 8GB - iPhone 4S, 16GB, iOS v6.1
Multi-Tasking v1.0.3 - Folders v1.2.1 - iOS 3 Wallpaper 1.0.2(1)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline Gawernator

• @Whited00r Twitter
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r God
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 03:45:33 AM »
dude.. ./nimble gives you 4 binary files.  Two of those you can just delete, Whited00r users don't need/want the Youtube certs they're already included.  Just save the two push binaries.  Push Doctor only generates new unique certs so there's no duplicates.. and reinstalling Push Doctor will download a new cert but we shouldn't be hoarding certs Lol
iPhone 2G 16GB + iPhone 4 32 GB White <Gawernator> iPhones are made with maple syrup in the processor <Gawernator> in Canada <Gawernator> it causes slowdowns
@Whited00r on Twitter

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 04:48:26 AM »
dude.. ./nimble gives you 4 binary files.  Two of those you can just delete, Whited00r users don't need/want the Youtube certs they're already included.  Just save the two push binaries.  Push Doctor only generates new unique certs so there's no duplicates.. and reinstalling Push Doctor will download a new cert but we shouldn't be hoarding certs Lol

You sure? I Downloaded them and looked at the BIN files. They were exactly the same.

Its not hoarding. ;)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline FrostFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 02:18:13 AM »
hi um i just installed Push Doctor with valid certs hella excited. but then i wanna back them up and saw this. im afraid i might mess up and lose the certs. i get all these steps except up to this part:

"This will extract your Push certs to your "/private/var/Keychains" directory. Retrieve an back them up (copy) them to a secure location. So SSH into your iDevice and copy the 4 certs. "

""push-cert.bin"
"push-key.bin"
"youtube-cert.bin"
"youtube-key.bin"

Copy these 4 certs to a secure location (somewhere you can access them again when you restore)."

when i put these in another location on my computer, do i manually put these certs back in? because after the directions above it that i specifically copied, and compared to yours, it says to execute the commands nimble and inject but thats it? what about the backed up certs?

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 04:20:17 AM »
hi um i just installed Push Doctor with valid certs hella excited. but then i wanna back them up and saw this. im afraid i might mess up and lose the certs. i get all these steps except up to this part:

"This will extract your Push certs to your "/private/var/Keychains" directory. Retrieve an back them up (copy) them to a secure location. So SSH into your iDevice and copy the 4 certs. "

""push-cert.bin"
"push-key.bin"
"youtube-cert.bin"
"youtube-key.bin"

Copy these 4 certs to a secure location (somewhere you can access them again when you restore)."

when i put these in another location on my computer, do i manually put these certs back in? because after the directions above it that i specifically copied, and compared to yours, it says to execute the commands nimble and inject but thats it? what about the backed up certs?

So you've backed them up successfully right?

When you want to put them back in (after a restore) you just place the 4 certs (or at least the 2 push certs, whited00r doesn't need the youtube certs). Put them back in "/private/var/Keychains" and use "inject" to put them back in. When you use "nimble" to EXTRACT the certs you don't take them out, nimble only extracts them so you can COPY them.

Hope this helped, if you have any questions, please let me know!

Offline FrostFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »
Yeahh i have backed up the certs successfully. Ok so after i restore, then i place the certs back into /private/var/Keychains. After that do i run the cmmand "cd /private/var/Keychains" then "./inject"? Becuase yhu sed i no longer need to extraxts them. I inject the certs back in like i jst sed? Sorry just confirming.

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
Yeahh i have backed up the certs successfully. Ok so after i restore, then i place the certs back into /private/var/Keychains. After that do i run the cmmand "cd /private/var/Keychains" then "./inject"? Becuase yhu sed i no longer need to extraxts them. I inject the certs back in like i jst sed? Sorry just confirming.

Yes. That is all you have to do.

If push notifications don't immediately start to work, turn push notifications OFF and run "inject" AGAIN and then reboot. (Use the App iPusher (in the app store) to confirm push notifications work)

Offline Gawernator

• @Whited00r Twitter
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r God
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 11:53:10 PM »
No...... just use ./inject ONE TIME.  Then reboot your phone.  That's all you need to do... no switching push on and off or anything.  You can test with iPusher :)
iPhone 2G 16GB + iPhone 4 32 GB White <Gawernator> iPhones are made with maple syrup in the processor <Gawernator> in Canada <Gawernator> it causes slowdowns
@Whited00r on Twitter

Offline FrostFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 12:28:07 AM »
No...... just use ./inject ONE TIME.  Then reboot your phone.  That's all you need to do... no switching push on and off or anything.  You can test with iPusher :)
ok up i did everything. i restored, SSHed the push certs back into Keychains.  ran the commands "cd /private/var/Keychains" then "./inject". then i went into ipusher and i got the "yay me...." but as soon as i resprung and tried ipusher again it said "please wait" and i tried the other apps and it still didnt work. help please.

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »
ok up i did everything. i restored, SSHed the push certs back into Keychains.  ran the commands "cd /private/var/Keychains" then "./inject". then i went into ipusher and i got the "yay me...." but as soon as i resprung and tried ipusher again it said "please wait" and i tried the other apps and it still didnt work. help please.

Yes. You do need to turn Push Notifications OFF before you use Inject. Push doctor (when you install it with Cydia) automatically turns off push notifications while if injects the certs, then turns it back on. They do this so there is no need to UNINSTALL and REINSTALL every app that uses push notifications. ;) Trust me..I spent like 3 hours doing nothing but this.

Offline Gawernator

• @Whited00r Twitter
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r God
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
How To Backup your Push Notification Certificates
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 03:34:25 AM »
No... He resprung instead of rebooted. Follow directions. Push doctor doesn't turn off push it just deleted the existing app entries. I just reboot and it works.
@Whited00r on Twitter

Offline FrostFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »
Yes. You do need to turn Push Notifications OFF before you use Inject. Push doctor (when you install it with Cydia) automatically turns off push notifications while if injects the certs, then turns it back on. They do this so there is no need to UNINSTALL and REINSTALL every app that uses push notifications. ;) Trust me..I spent like 3 hours doing nothing but this.
Ok thanks, its working i have am iphone 2g wid latest Unlocked WD firmware. As soon as i placed my tmobile sim into it, my push notifications stop. Ive restored wid wd everytime nd den tha push works BUT as soon as i switch to my tmobile sim, it does not work. Please help me! I rlly need my push

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
Pop in your T-Mobile SIM Card... then inject the certs.

Offline FrostFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
Pop in your T-Mobile SIM Card... then inject the certs.
ok i injected tha certs with tmobile sim in nd tha push ddnt work.Any otha suggestions?

Offline FrostFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 12:22:29 AM »
Ohhkayy i figured it out. After everything wid tha push notifications. After activating nd getting ur push fixed on your unlocked firmware. After reboot go to settings>carrier>and make sure dat yhu check the carrier dat yhu are currently using. When yhu go to carrier it will say "searching" but wait for it. It will have "automatic" checked by default. Check the carrier dat the sim card currently installed in ur device.