Author Topic: [ADVANCED PS TUT]how to make a nice looking signature with photoshop!  (Read 4950 times)

Offline xViisionZ

• GFX - Art specialized
    • View Profile
Advanced photoshop signature tutorial!

Outcome(depends on background & render you used):

1.First of all find a stock(background) and render on the internet(use planetrenders.net for the renders) then Start with a new document , choose whathever dimensions you like, and put the stock on the the sig how you like it , then blur it a little.

sample:

2.adding some effects: you can use brushes for effects or you can setup your own. I putted some black and white wired frames on it and set it to linear light.

sample:

3.then put the render in and duplicate it a few times , then blur the first and second copy until you get something like this, but leave the third layer untouched.

sample:

4.Then do a displacement filter on the forth layer and 5ft layer and set it on linear dodge

sample:

5.Then you can decide yourself , or you can add some cs4-cs5 effects to it ( i used c4d on lighten)(not so much difference)

sample:

6. then just play some with the opacity and fill and colors to get it look sexy ;D

and you're done!!
GFX - Art Specialized

Offline MotionLess

• SuperHero Member
  • My epic master Obi-Brian ;)
    • View Profile
Great tutorial, but the thing I really needed to know is how you sharpen the image at the end, that's my big problem with my sigs, they aren't sharp enough. Anyway, nice tut ;)

MetalCore Rulez D00D!

Offline xViisionZ

• GFX - Art specialized
    • View Profile
[ADVANCED PS TUT]how to make a nice looking signature with photoshop!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »
what do you mean with sharpen ? your effects or your actual images?
GFX - Art Specialized

Offline MotionLess

• SuperHero Member
  • My epic master Obi-Brian ;)
    • View Profile
I mean the difference between the outcome you posted at the beginning and the end result of the tutorial, there's a slightly difference with the brightness/colour/sharpness and that basically made the sig look even more pro :)

MetalCore Rulez D00D!

Offline xViisionZ

• GFX - Art specialized
    • View Profile
yea , just modify the contrast and colors and opacity of your other layers tho ;D
GFX - Art Specialized