Author Topic: iTechy21's Whited00r modules -Now out of Beta!-  (Read 12464 times)

Offline PHJayvee1G

• iPod touch 1G User From Philippines.
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: iTechy21's Whited00r beta modules -Back up now-
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »
Glad I fixed it :) turns out it was a few syntax errors (basically invalid code :-x )

Thanks.... It can Help a lot.... :)
Speed over Design

Offline nyel08

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 02:33:22 PM »
no package available... this is the repo right?? http://cydia-itechy21.tk/

Offline nyel08

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 02:49:50 PM »
opppsss.. problem solved... i readd ur repo and it fix the issue.. :)

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »
I was about to suggest that :P its all there ready to download. I hope you enjoy my packages :)
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline nyel08

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 06:42:17 PM »
Itechy help.. I dont know why. But I downloaded your retina remover at first it is okay.. I also turned on the "mover" in whited00r settings and then when I turned them off my phone stacks up at wd logo.. then a few minutes later my phone rebooted and now stacks up at the iphone logo and not continuing to the springboard. ::) help me ::)

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »
Itechy help.. I dont know why. But I downloaded your retina remover at first it is okay.. I also turned on the "mover" in whited00r settings and then when I turned them off my phone stacks up at wd logo.. then a few minutes later my phone rebooted and now stacks up at the iphone logo and not continuing to the springboard. ::) help me ::)
It should turn off automatically once ran. And to run it you need to press apply changes rather than turning the device off. Also what device is this on?
But the most important question is when you installed whited00r did you restore from a backup?
As for the mover options they are not related to me but Bruan instead.

Offline nyel08

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »
Nope I didnt switch it off... I just applied changes.. but my phone stacked up.. anyway, I ve already reset my phone.. im using iphone 3g

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »
Nope I didnt switch it off... I just applied changes.. but my phone stacked up.. anyway, I ve already reset my phone.. im using iphone 3g
And what do you mean by "stacked up". The device crashed or turned off and then wouldn't turn on again? And what mover options did you enable as that may be why your device needed to be restored.

Offline nyel08

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
The "mover" settings in whited00r setting

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: iTechy21's Whited00r modules -Now out of Beta!-
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »
Updated repo url: repo.itechy21.com
New stable updates about to roll out in the next few days. Please be patient...

Offline mrlithium

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »
It wasnt working automatically for me. just grabbed it today (the 21st) from your repo - com.itechy21.deviceinfo
Update: It was my own fault. I restored a backup from itunes and it seems that this broke something. The configurator complains about it when I apply settings, and never gets to the part where it runs your mods. On a fresh install, both the debug and the retinaremover work (giving the popup messages). Thanks. Maybe this post will help someone else who also "restored" - against good advice not to :)

When running the script manually, this happens (also tested on a fresh install):

Acers-iPhone:/var/mobile/Library/Configurator/com.itechy21.deviceinfo root# ./configurator
./configurator: line 13: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
./configurator: line 13: `elif [[ "$key" == "info" && "$value" == "disable" ]];'

I was smart enough to modify it just enough to remove that whole last elif clause (since the first part does all the real work) and then ran it manually by "./configurator info enable", and it 1) successfully wrote the "/var/mobile/Whited00r/debug.txt" 2) said it copied to clipboard (i presume it did) and 3) disabled the toggle in the GUI configurator. When the configurator detects a "restored backup from itunes" it doesnt do those 3 things.

I got to "trick" it into thinking its a normal install and that fixes the configurator with your mods, because the popup of "warning this was restored from itunes" Is blocking the config script from continuing on to process your mods.
Update: I tracked down the file that was wrong: it was: "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.whited00r.version.plist"
Inside that, for version 7.1.4 it should say <string> and some unique identifier. This has to match up to what the only file in the root directory of /private/var is named. The version string has to match, and remember, tons of other config files could be slightly wrong. But at least the debug mod will work. Then you can at least track down your other problems. In case anyone is curious, I made a list of all files that were changed when I did a restore. Short:  http://pastebin.com/heRm8vrH , Long:  http://pastebin.com/17ghTkJi Keep in mind that a) /dev/ is created on boot, and b) about 20 files are modified on boot/login as listed here: ( http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/iphone/excerpts/iphone-forensics/disclosures-sourcecode.html ) C) the "Itunes restore backup" only seems to want to change "/private/var/mobile" so that has to match other locations (for example "/private/var/stash/Applications" (your system list of applications doesnt get restored) but "/private/var/mobile/Applications" (your user list of applications) does. I'm not an expert and this post is too short to go into the details, and please dont message me, I'm just sharing what i gathered in a couple of days. 

2) Unrelated but this is my main issue why i needed your debug mod: On BOTH phones (even the fresh install), i've narrowed down a crash to "libactivator" (version  1.9.2 ) that 100% crashes my springboard everytime a volume button is pressed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:35:16 AM by mrlithium »

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2015, 08:28:31 PM »
It wasnt working automatically for me. just grabbed it today (the 21st) from your repo - com.itechy21.deviceinfo
Update: It was my own fault. I restored a backup from itunes and it seems that this broke something. The configurator complains about it when I apply settings, and never gets to the part where it runs your mods. On a fresh install, both the debug and the retinaremover work (giving the popup messages). Thanks. Maybe this post will help someone else who also "restored" - against good advice not to :)

When running the script manually, this happens (also tested on a fresh install):

Acers-iPhone:/var/mobile/Library/Configurator/com.itechy21.deviceinfo root# ./configurator
./configurator: line 13: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
./configurator: line 13: `elif [[ "$key" == "info" && "$value" == "disable" ]];'

I was smart enough to modify it just enough to remove that whole last elif clause (since the first part does all the real work) and then ran it manually by "./configurator info enable", and it 1) successfully wrote the "/var/mobile/Whited00r/debug.txt" 2) said it copied to clipboard (i presume it did) and 3) disabled the toggle in the GUI configurator. When the configurator detects a "restored backup from itunes" it doesnt do those 3 things.

I got to "trick" it into thinking its a normal install and that fixes the configurator with your mods, because the popup of "warning this was restored from itunes" Is blocking the config script from continuing on to process your mods.
Update: I tracked down the file that was wrong: it was: "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.whited00r.version.plist"
Inside that, for version 7.1.4 it should say <string> and some unique identifier. This has to match up to what the only file in the root directory of /private/var is named. The version string has to match, and remember, tons of other config files could be slightly wrong. But at least the debug mod will work. Then you can at least track down your other problems. In case anyone is curious, I made a list of all files that were changed when I did a restore. Short:  http://pastebin.com/heRm8vrH , Long:  http://pastebin.com/17ghTkJi Keep in mind that a) /dev/ is created on boot, and b) about 20 files are modified on boot/login as listed here: ( http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/iphone/excerpts/iphone-forensics/disclosures-sourcecode.html ) C) the "Itunes restore backup" only seems to want to change "/private/var/mobile" so that has to match other locations (for example "/private/var/stash/Applications" (your system list of applications doesnt get restored) but "/private/var/mobile/Applications" (your user list of applications) does. I'm not an expert and this post is too short to go into the details, and please dont message me, I'm just sharing what i gathered in a couple of days. 

2) Unrelated but this is my main issue why i needed your debug mod: On BOTH phones (even the fresh install), i've narrowed down a crash to "libactivator" (version  1.9.2 ) that 100% crashes my springboard everytime a volume button is pressed.
Wow...
Really the main reason as why these shouldn't be ran on there own is because it runs off the modules API (the $1 and $2 arguments are built in commands for the API itself).
Thanks for the research as to what changes when you restore from a backup. We can use this to make sure nobody else does ;) and improve current methods to detect this...

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 06:16:45 AM »
Configurator developer here (and most other things program wise in whited00r).
The popup that says you restored from a backup is more of a failsafe to prevent regular users from changing settings in the configurator that could potentially break things on the actual device and cause need for a restore. This could happen between two versions of whited00r where a preference file has changed the value for it or something like that, and it now runs different code based on it and should be enabled or disabled by default.  By not running any code on a device that has restored from a backup, we prevent anything bad happening file system modification wise.

Just generally, restoring from a backup on a jailbroken device is not a good idea and introduces tons of bugs into the system that we simply cannot account for.  Sadly we can only detect the restoring from a backup if it is a restore from a previous whited00r 7.x (and onwards) version.

I think anyone who can get it working on a restore on their own understands the device enough to know the risks ;)  It isn't a thing designed to deter people who can disable it, but more just to make sure regular users who would post here asking for help when something goes wrong on a device that has been restored from a backup get a warning telling them about it.  It is very hard and a waste of time to debug issues on devices that have not been cleanly restored.

So, to anyone else who follows the above, keep in mind we will not provide troubleshooting support to you until you do a clean restore!