Author Topic: IPA media manager needed  (Read 20731 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
IPA media manager needed
« on: October 24, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »
As you may have noticed, iTunes is slowly dropping support for 3.1.3 apps, this has prompted my decision, with the suggestion of others, to make an .ipa section on the media page.    We are in need of someone to manage this, making sure that there are no cracked apps at all!  Not even if they were free for a day!

Looking for a more senior member of whited00r, or someone who has proven themselves trustworthy, and is able to go through a lot of apps and make sure there are no duplicates, and get apps on the media page within two days.   

They would need to have a topic kept up to date of all the apps that are sent to them, so that others do not send multiple ones ;)

That is all :P

also, if other whited00r staff do not approve of this, then I shall take this down, just ask me :)

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: IPA media manager needed
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »
Me! I started the idea..

Offline causeandeffect

• Graphics Designer, Aspiring Electrical Engineer
    • View Profile
    • TapThatCore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »
What if they are free in the app store, but we get an earlier version from installous?

For example, Vlingo, a Voice Activation app is free in the appstore, but the current version, 1.2.0, can not run on the iPhone 2G, even though it states it can. But I can get version 1.0.3, the last version supported for iPhone 2G/IOS 3 in installous. Is that acceptable?

Offline imoe

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »
i will do it if im that trustworthy for u atleast??

since im senior member active always + been with whited00r since first releases even before darlo made folders 8)
WP8 Nokia Lumia 620, Whited00r6 iPhone 2G, Windows 7 User, FCBarcelona Fan

Offline CoolBreeze

• Need GFX? I might be able to help.
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 01:15:14 AM »
As you may have noticed, iTunes is slowly dropping support for 3.1.3 apps, this has prompted my decision, with the suggestion of others, to make an .ipa section on the media page.    We are in need of someone to manage this, making sure that there are no cracked apps at all!  Not even if they were free for a day!

Looking for a more senior member of whited00r, or someone who has proven themselves trustworthy, and is able to go through a lot of apps and make sure there are no duplicates, and get apps on the media page within two days.   

They would need to have a topic kept up to date of all the apps that are sent to them, so that others do not send multiple ones ;)

That is all :P

also, if other whited00r staff do not approve of this, then I shall take this down, just ask me :)
I'd do it but I'm not senior member :(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:15:03 AM »
What if they are free in the app store, but we get an earlier version from installous?

For example, Vlingo, a Voice Activation app is free in the appstore, but the current version, 1.2.0, can not run on the iPhone 2G, even though it states it can. But I can get version 1.0.3, the last version supported for iPhone 2G/IOS 3 in installous. Is that acceptable?

That's fine :)

and it might turn out we need more than one manager, so I would make all of you able to, giving you a custom title and whatnot with permissions to post in there.

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 02:27:49 AM »

That's fine :)

and it might turn out we need more than one manager, so I would make all of you able to, giving you a custom title and whatnot with permissions to post in there.
Multiple managers is good. I might not be able to manage it every day. However I am trying to download a lot of free apps that still support 3.0 so if they drop support  I can post them. If others could also do this it would be helpful.

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 02:55:32 AM »

I just got a response from vlingo support and they said ios3 is not supported, so please post the ipa!

Offline iShubham

• Just a Helper :)
  • SuperHero Member
  • Find me.
    • View Profile
    • iTooleTech
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:42 AM »
If u all are going to do it then divide the stuff in some ways ,like 1 will do some games,1 will do accesories,1 will do photo apps,1 will do social apps...else all will do all apps and it will take more time+bandwidth...
so divide the plan before u start..

The Whited00r Team needs to buy iPods 1G/2G & iPhones 2G/3G for testing WD 6.1 Beta, Apps & Features. We need your help to keep WD Free.

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 04:07:09 AM »
No because we want the most Ipas possible so we should pool them togeter. The person who gets to post the ipa is the first person on.

Offline iShubham

• SuperHero Member
  • Find me.
    • View Profile
    • iTooleTech
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 05:00:10 AM »
No because we want the most Ipas possible so we should pool them togeter. The person who gets to post the ipa is the first person on.
yes we want most ipa's ,but just consider the case
1. i and u started downloading a big ipa [like 200-500MB] on the same time.
2. i have low net speed and u have high speed.
3. ur download is finished and mine is almost done,and i see that u posted the same ipa that i was gonna post,

so wasnt it wastage of time?i could have downloaded something else in that same time..?
so my point is to let the each manager know that what u r gonna post..or else just divide the sections

The Whited00r Team needs to buy iPods 1G/2G & iPhones 2G/3G for testing WD 6.1 Beta, Apps & Features. We need your help to keep WD Free.

Offline JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »
i want to manage social apps or games

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

Offline imoe

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 09:05:54 AM »
i can also do social apps plus photography apps as i like them coz i like editing and making pics :D
i can also do utilities apps if just justiz wanna do social apps  :o :o
WP8 Nokia Lumia 620, Whited00r6 iPhone 2G, Windows 7 User, FCBarcelona Fan

Offline JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
3. ur download is finished and mine is almost done,and i see that u posted the same ipa that i was gonna post,

so wasnt it wastage of time?i could have downloaded something else in that same time..?
so my point is to let the each manager know that what u r gonna post..or else just divide the sections
what if we make it like the apptrackr or appcake (iphonecake) 1 app multiple links

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

Offline iShubham

• SuperHero Member
  • Find me.
    • View Profile
    • iTooleTech
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »

what if we make it like the apptrackr or appcake (iphonecake) 1 app multiple links
of course we can,but remember ,not to post cracked one's.. :)