Author Topic: How else can I optimize my iPod Touch 2G ?  (Read 3531 times)

Offline DarthVader71

• View Profile
How else can I optimize my iPod Touch 2G ?
« on: November 06, 2011, 06:27:07 AM »
Why hello there,
Quote from: random rant
I haven't been on this forum for a while, nice to visit back. Recently my ipod touch cracked its screen and my country, Malaysia, has no where to repair it. I contacted the main Apple shops and they said 2G is too old, they don't provide replacement. To just change the glass, the price is equivalent to a secondhand ipod touch from a 3rd party shop. So I finally ordered a glass+digitizer replacement from a nearby country by ebay. It was less than a quarter from the shops price including shipping lol. Actually the shipping price = glass xD

So yeah I was very sad when my ipod touch became paralyzed. The plastic frame behind the glass is actually broken, I only got the glass without the plastic frame. But anyways, managed to patch it all back by the stickytape that came along. It works well now, thank God.
I think i'm going to pass on the ios5 beta, my faithful ipodtouch has been through a lot. I'm weary of making another disaster.

Currently, I'm using: The default Whited00r 2G 4.4.1
(It's really good, no problem, thanks and thumbs up to you guys for that)
Sbsettings
That's about it
Space: 7GB to use, compared to 4.0 which is 6.8gb, higher firmware probably lesser space.
Speed: All processes cleared, I have most 60MB of ram. Is there a way to increase this ? but overall whited00r is smooth.
Apps: have udid faker hehe..
so is there any other way I can improve RAM, space, speed ? or any other apps you can recommend ?
I was thinking bout Icy but I don't really use Cydia anyway.
Random question: how large is the partition for apps ? Or I just have a fixed 7GB.. thx

Edit: yes i have installous(who doesnt haha), and instead of appsync i use iphone explorer and transfer the apps to isntallous download folder, and from there install it)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:47:31 AM by DarthVader71 »

Offline RagingNinja

• SuperHero Member
  • Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: How else can I optimize my iPod Touch 2G ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
Theres not much you can do for extra RAM besides not installing many Mobile Substrates. For getting more room.... I'm afraid your gonna be stuck with the 7.1GB after a fresh restore. The other is used for important stuff.

I would recommend using the 2XRM script to delete retina images though. It doesn't free up a ton of space.... but it helps a little bit. As well as obviously deleting images, music, videos and apps you don't use or want.
iPhone 2G, 8GB - iPhone 4S, 16GB, iOS v6.1
Multi-Tasking v1.0.3 - Folders v1.2.1 - iOS 3 Wallpaper 1.0.2(1)
WD Recommended/Compatible Tweaks, Themes, etc. | My Repo: cydia.ragingninja.bplaced.net

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:50:08 PM »
Run the configurator script, download and use wdspeedup, you could try sysspeed, and don't use lots of substrates. I get about 55mb of ram (somehow people get 70!) with no apps open on my iPod wd5 dp3

Offline DarthVader71

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:04:36 AM »
okay, hmm.. im rubbing my chin, thinking and realized something..

i have no idea how to run the scripts thingy. I'll google a bit and come back xD. thanks btw

Offline imoe

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »
running configurator scprit is easy n u wont find it on google as its made my us for WD

to run script u need MobileTerminal

type su (click return)
password alpine (click return)
./Configurator (return)

and follow rest as u want on mobiletermial
WP8 Nokia Lumia 620, Whited00r6 iPhone 2G, Windows 7 User, FCBarcelona Fan

Offline DarthVader71

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:31:35 AM »
Thanks a lot Meow !
okay, i'll try it soon and see how it is.  ;)