Author Topic: ATTENTION! RealBlack7 (or anyone interested) custom file backup suggestion  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Unvaluablespace

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Hi I started a thread over at modmyi awhile back requesting any willing developer who may be interested in this idea:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3rd-party-apps-requests/806445-custom-cloud-storage-apps-willing-developer-wanted.html

Basically for anyone too lazy to go to the link my idea was for a developer to develop an app/tweak that would allow for the user to basically be able to backup any file to the cloud (whether it be iCloud, Dropbox, etc) through a GUI app to customize what files they'd like to backup. The idea here is to be able to have the option to backup files to the cloud, and even have them pushed as well to other devices much like apples current iCloud saving feature which in the long run allows you to work on a document, play a game, etc on one device, and then be able to continue on another. 

I got this idea while playing emulators on my iPad/iPhone, and not liking to be able to continue my game on the go, so I posted that thread on MMi, and a couple of users directed me to realblack7's "realbackup" which I haven't had the pleasure to use as it seems for older devices like what this site is mainly about. I have an iPhone 4 and iPad 3. Anyways, judging by the stuff I've looked up about realbackup, I don't think it's in the same idea path as what I'm hoping for. I don't want to replace iCloud altogether, just have an app that does its own backup stuff.

So if realblack7 or anyone is interested, please refer to the original thread on MMI, or ask and I can specify more if needed. Thanks. Oh and by the way great job with this whited00r stuff. Cool to be able to see people do more with apples older devices! :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
I hope you get a response you are hoping for :D

Offline realblack7

• Omniscient and stuff...
  • SuperHero Member
  • Human Instrumentality
    • View Profile
    • realblack7's Repo
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
Well, hey^^

i am thinking working on stuff. i am going in that firection but I have not enough sparetime, so the development "strechtes"( over half a year now :-\ )
in a month i have my next exam phase, so this month i can do nothing(really nothing), but from august to september i have time to spend on development. now i can only do brainstorming and collect ideas.

@brian "he is quite friendly"... I am friendly!:D
Creator of RealBackup: Last Updated Post | Creator of iCloud for WD Info Page | iPhone 3GS
My Repo: cydia.realblack7.bplaced.net

Offline Unvaluablespace

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
That's awesome! Yeah there's no rush on it. I'm simply a lowly tech geek, no developing experience haha. Glad to hear that's the direction your going though. If you'd like I may have some more ideas on this. And really if you go that direction with it, as useful as it is, I would totally buy the app! Haha. Thanks for taking this thread into consideration. I know developers are usually almost always busy. There's more to life than just code, lol. So I appreciate you taking the time to see my idea! And yes you do seem like a nice guy! Good luck in your projects. :)