Author Topic: where are ios5 features?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline __stan__

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
where are ios5 features?
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »
I've waited so much whited00r 5 to make alive again my iPhone 3g ios 3.1.3..I've simply installed it..and..what's so great about it? I mean.....multitasking? really :-\? that's it? where are notifications? icloud (the real one..with my contacts and calendars)?
Is this firmware just a jailbreak with a really cool multitasking? am I missing something or that's really it?

p.s. (don't tell me anything about folders and wallpapers or battery percent please........)

Offline JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: where are ios5 features?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:28:20 AM »
Hey it's a release candidate not official

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

Offline Superglut2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:51:04 AM »
your expectations are way too high man. IOS5 did a lot of great new features. The Performance was increased. on Geekbench i get a score of 145 now! thats A LOT for a iphone 3G.

They added Configurator ( which is in my opinion the best feature ) before u had to use scripts in terminal now u can toggle all the deamons on and off in a few seconds. This is crucial when u need a feature quick like OTA Data Sync, Tethering, Mobile Me, or Sim Card Import.

Only this feature makes IOS5 worth it. They added TONS of new ringtones. They added Video Mover. They Added Icloud alternative and they tweaked the message App to make it look much better.

Sure i can understand why ur disapointet but think about it bro, this is IOS3 we are talking about. Not IOS5. If u want these features bad u need to upgrade ur iphone, most of us use our Iphone 2s and 3Gs mainly as second phones. I got an Iphone 4 as my main phone, and as a second phone im more then happy with Whited00r cause i mainly care about the speed.

Right now they are working on tweaking the interface to have round toggles , the newsstand app is beeing worked on (hopefully) and reminders probably too.

If u want IOS5 Features u can download jailbroken mods in cydia which gives u pretty much all the basic IOS5 features. They even have tutorials on Whited00r page how to make it look like IOS5. Like Notification. Right now i got a Volume Button Camera Shot mod on my 3G and 2G like in IOS5 and i used to have Notification bar when u slide down which looked almost identical to Ios5 on my 3G.

Whited00r mainly focuses on speed, all these features lagg ur device and iphone 3G is already really really slow compared to newer devices so we just gotta wait till devs find tools to bring us features without a big slowdown. ;)

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • My Computer: Mac
where are ios5 features?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 02:31:37 PM »
Read the feature log before complaining ;)
Banana

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »
This is why I reccomend waiting for more development first

Offline __stan__

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »
ok let's just forget about ios5..i mean..it's just an iphone 3g right?

but let's see the configurator: notifications? OTA data sync? why are there those toggles?

ok people i understand you are AWESOME in programming operating systems and i SUCK at that, but you're "selling" whited00r like the new cool stuff, cooler than the others but it's just like ANY other jailbreak..i must admit it's fast, for now (24h), but it's nothing like "we make your devices live again"..i't like "we jailbreak too"..

Offline JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »

but let's see the configurator: notifications? OTA data sync? why are there those toggles?

ok people i understand you are AWESOME in programming operating systems and i SUCK at that, but you're "selling" whited00r like the new cool stuff, cooler than the others but it's just like ANY other jailbreak..i must admit it's fast, for now (24h), but it's nothing like "we make your devices live again"..i't like "we jailbreak too"..
your point is?

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
where are ios5 features?
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »

Well, my iPod did get way more useful when I installed Whited00r.

Folders…

That hyper-handy multibar…

Reminders…

Wallpaper…

I do believe the feature list on the HomePage is accurate.

Banana

Offline Hayashi

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
i appreciate stan's point.

the ebullient advertising made expectations very high, but i like wd5 nevertheless.

the multitasking works great, especially the taskswitcher /w respring feature & screen orientation lock, configurator in settings app instead of terminal, tethering unlocked, ios5 look-a-like, etc...

useless in my opinion:
- dropbox app with icloud icon
- newsstand

but taken as a whole, wd5 is a great release.  8)

...only thing missing is the ios5 wallpaper shadow overlay png, to add shadows to other wallpapers than the included ones. ;)

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »
The DataDeposit and Newsstand aren't Whited00r's crown jewels :P
I agree with you on the iCloud app…

Also, the Newsstand App is half-baked. Improvements on this one should come sooner or later…
Banana

Offline realblack7

• Omniscient and stuff...
  • SuperHero Member
  • Human Instrumentality
    • View Profile
    • realblack7's Repo
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »
well, whited00r is a firmware tweak as much as possible to get most the new features. Of course one cannot achieve everything.

And all the tewaks that are done here are made so you have them by default. you do not need to deactivate, activate, change everything on your own, thats the cool point about it.

Whited00r is a package, more or less a service, from us for you.

And well you do not need to use it or tell what you don't like and try to improve the firmware. State what you do not like and give examples of how you think it would be better.

(BTW: The jailbreak is nothing less them giving the User root priviledges that Apple forbid. So of course whited00r is like ANY other jailbreak, because without a jailbreak you could not mod as much as we do.

In a nutshell: It is always about what you do with your jailbreak)

Creator of RealBackup: Last Updated Post | Creator of iCloud for WD Info Page | iPhone 3GS
My Repo: cydia.realblack7.bplaced.net

Offline Hayashi

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
Improvements on this one should come sooner or later…

oh noez, i deleted that app by ssh  ::) :P