Author Topic: iPad 2 5.0.1 tethered jailbreak  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Lukas325

• View Profile
iPad 2 5.0.1 tethered jailbreak
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »
Hi there!

I will get a new iPad 2 and i want to jailbreak it. The problem is I only had an iPhone (2g) which i jailbroke until now and I would like to know what i have to do so my iPad wont brick. I have read something about ?shsb blobs? to save but im totally unexpereinced in jailbreaking because my last jailbreak was 3.1.3 on my 2g ;D. So it would be nice if somebody could tell me helpful things about jailbreaking without risk etc.

Thanks! ;)

Offline blued00r

• Exile
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
Re: iPad 2 5.0.1 tethered jailbreak
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:27:48 PM »
use ifaith to save the shsh blobs and for the jailbreaking part.......your going to have to wait a little on that one....... it wasnt released yet for the iPad 2

Offline Lukas325

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »
Could you tell me what shsb blobs are?

Offline blued00r

• Exile
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:02:13 AM »
they are the signiture of apple signing the firmware and baseband. These things are need to downgrade

Offline Lukas325

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:45 AM »
And what means baseband?

Offline Superglut2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
I  have an ipad myself, u only need to safe shsh when u have a iphone to preserve baseband since ur baseband might be carrier locked. But since ull be getting an ipad u rly dont need all this, just buy it then when a jailbreak is out , use redsn0w to jAilbreak it. Thats all i do and its all u need. Ull never want to downgrade anyways , just make sure u dont update firmwares till a new jailbreak is out or ull lose ur cydia tweaks, but even if u lose them it wont matter much cause u can still use ur ipad.

Offline realblack7

• Omniscient and stuff...
  • SuperHero Member
  • Human Instrumentality
    • View Profile
    • realblack7's Repo
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
well. iPad owners cannot downgrade ,if the ipad is the 3G version, because apple also checks if the iPad has the correct baseband. So you'll need both, SHSH and Baseband blobs.
But jailbreaking works as easy as on every other idevice. Only problem here is, that you shouldnt mess around with it if a new non-jailbreakable iOS comes out, cause when you ned to restore you can not "downgrade".

The Baseband is by the way the software of the baseband chip, which controls the cellular data(more or less)
Creator of RealBackup: Last Updated Post | Creator of iCloud for WD Info Page | iPhone 3GS
My Repo: cydia.realblack7.bplaced.net