Author Topic: Downloads for all features  (Read 6364 times)

Offline species9

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Downloads for all features
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »
Basically, it would be awesome if all the features in whited00r (as in everything in the change log) was available to download separately, because although the custom firmware won't work for those of us with MC model devices, as far as I can tell most of the features in the firmware will.

I am aware that there are posts with downloads for some of the features in whited00r, but most of them are missing from it.

So yeah, I hope that someone reads this and hopefully wants this too. Because the features in whited00r are amazing, and I'm just really mad that I can't get them on my iPod.

Offline juanc723

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: Downloads for all features
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »
i agree with him.

Offline 05bthompson

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:02 PM »
Guys Wait for Redd00r. It could be announced today and it will be for MC models

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »
Hmm… No.
Banana

Offline juanc723

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
Hmm… No.

no to individual downloads or no to redoor for mc?

if no to individual downloads! may i ask why not?

Offline sbz

• Just looking around.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 06:14:41 PM »
That is probably too much to ask (Your asking for an entire custom firmware to be broken into chunks for installation), if you think about it, Whited00r has been in developement for quite a long time and there are more features/modifications from stock 3.1.3 than you think there are, it's not just Folders, Multitasking etc. And I'm sure you won't get the same experience, bear in mind that most whited00r features are specifically designed for whited00r.

You have a iPod Touch 2G do you not? Then why not enable the official features of iOS4? 2G's running iOS4 are very good compared to iPhone 3G.

If you want it for its speed, then I too would also wait for redd00r, whether it is or is not released today.
~sbz

Offline juanc723

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:19:21 PM »
how about wd5.1 apps.. like reminders and 3store. will does be available for download?

Offline sbz

• Just looking around.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
You can install Reminders 1.1 on any firmware from here

http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=4502.0.

Just download .app file drag and drop to /Applications and set permissions to 755, respring and you're done.

I think you can find 3Store here aswell.
~sbz

Offline species9

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
That is probably too much to ask (Your asking for an entire custom firmware to be broken into chunks for installation), if you think about it, Whited00r has been in developement for quite a long time and there are more features/modifications from stock 3.1.3 than you think there are, it's not just Folders, Multitasking etc. And I'm sure you won't get the same experience, bear in mind that most whited00r features are specifically designed for whited00r.
I realise this, but I'm not really asking for someone to break down the whole firmware. Each feature would surely have been made separately, so if the developer of each feature would mind uploading the files for the feature (provided they were kept) then it would be very nice for those of us with mc models.

Also, I hadn't realised that redd00r was going to have mc support!

Offline sbz

• Just looking around.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 06:33:28 PM »
You did say ALL features, so I gathered you wanted all that is different in the Whited00r firmware that is not present in the original firmware which is a lot.  :P

Anyway, quite a few features can be found if you search these forums and you can look in the Whited00r repo aswell. For others you will have to ask the developers as I'm not sure all are willing to dish out there work on its own, some may rather it be exclusive and integrated to Whited00r.
~sbz

Offline species9

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
Can I just ask whether we actually have a definite release date for redd00r? Because when I looked I couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...

Offline sbz

• Just looking around.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
That is because it has only been announced, no other information apart from it will be ios4 based is released. Be patient  ;D, picking a release date is hard, especially if you are halfway through a project (we have no idea whats going on behind the scenes or how far they are). I'm always up for a suprise :). I'm sure when it is released it will be good. Never know, the your question may be answered tonight...
~sbz

Offline species9

• whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
Maybe whoever compiled the custom firmware for whited00r could put all the stuff into a .deb.
A very big .deb at that. Is there a limit to the amount that a .deb can hold?
Just I was thinking that whoever built the whited00r firmware would have all the files from whited00r together in one place.
And that way it would still be exclusive to whitedoor, it would just be in the .deb version of it.
I'm probably mad though.

Offline sbz

• Just looking around.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
Again that is a HUGE task and I havent seen such a thing before, but hey, maybe ask the developers.  :D
~sbz

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
Downloads for all features
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:27 PM »