Author Topic: Iphone 3g internet connection problem  (Read 5171 times)

Offline war5999

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Iphone 3g internet connection problem
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Ok, so before i used whited00r on my iphone 3g, i't worked perfectly... but when i got whited00r my iphone just couldent find my wifi. i waited like 2 days just in case^^ but nothing happend, so i tryed to reset the internet option stuff (did'nt work) respringed (did'nt work) and i tryed rebooting (still nothing difference) and i restored it (obviusly if it would have worked i would'nt have written this..)
I've been searching google and youtube for answers,but evrybody says reset the internet option stuff, or cook your moderboard which i don't feel like doing, at least not yet XD.
So can anybody help me please ?
(sry for my english, im norwegian lol  :D)

Offline matapexxxX

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Iphone 3g internet connection problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »
i have the iphone 2g and same problem i fixed in settings, go to general,restore,restore setiings of web i works to me

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
Ok, so before i used whited00r on my iphone 3g, i't worked perfectly... but when i got whited00r my iphone just couldent find my wifi. i waited like 2 days just in case^^ but nothing happend, so i tryed to reset the internet option stuff (did'nt work) respringed (did'nt work) and i tryed rebooting (still nothing difference) and i restored it (obviusly if it would have worked i would'nt have written this..)
I've been searching google and youtube for answers,but evrybody says reset the internet option stuff, or cook your moderboard which i don't feel like doing, at least not yet XD.
So can anybody help me please ?
(sry for my english, im norwegian lol  :D)
Your problem is common on the whited00r forums many users lost wifi after flashing Whitedoor and some did not I to suffer from this same unable to scan for wifi networks edge works fine, but wifi is stuck on searching, try his trick I never tryed it before I reseting network settings like 10 time but if there is a reset web settings try it and see if it works for you.

i have the iphone 2g and same problem i fixed in settings, go to general,restore,restore setiings of web i works to me
I have the older Whited00r 4 firmware and I dont see reset web option or even a reset all only reset network settings is this what your talking about?
Using Whited00r 5.1.2 on my EPIC iphone 2G

Offline matapexxxX

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:15:50 PM »
well im have my iphone in spanish so i try to traduced like it said on my iphone

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »
well im have my iphone in spanish so i try to traduced like it said on my iphone

I understand well lets see if it helps with his problem are not.

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 01:35:01 AM »
Probably doesn't help your cause but TCP editor in the repo really speeds up internet
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline war5999

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »
It's still not working.. :(

Offline war5999

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »
still.....not working :(

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
this probably wont make a difference but you could try going into the directory coreservices and go to the springboard.app then going to your nXXap.plist (the x's are usually two numbers but they differ from iDevice to iDevice) then scroll down the compatabilities list and you should see something on there the says
<key>wifi</key> and underneath it it should say true but if it says false change it to true then respring and try again and if not try rebooting if that doesnt work i have no idea.

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 08:31:24 PM »
this probably wont make a difference but you could try going into the directory coreservices and go to the springboard.app then going to your nXXap.plist (the x's are usually two numbers but they differ from iDevice to iDevice) then scroll down the compatabilities list and you should see something on there the says
<key>wifi</key> and underneath it it should say true but if it says false change it to true then respring and try again and if not try rebooting if that doesnt work i have no idea.
Why not explain what this trick does and were you read about it? Becouse am still suffering from this problem aswell and would like to try this but only if this is to fix this problem or not I dont wanan mess up my device so plz explain what does changing this key do?

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »
Why not explain what this trick does and were you read about it? Becouse am still suffering from this problem aswell and would like to try this but only if this is to fix this problem or not I dont wanan mess up my device so plz explain what does changing this key do?
well what changing this key does is basically tell your iDevice it is capable of doing this and changing it wont mess it up as long as you change the right thing and you should only change it if it says false. :p