Author Topic: repo alternative untill repo's back  (Read 17570 times)

Offline iphone2gios4

• View Profile
repo alternative untill repo's back
« on: April 29, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »
guyz plz put in this topic or in another all deb files from whited00r

Offline JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: repo alternative untill repo's back
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »
We know you want to help but no

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

Offline 9668harry

• Oooooweeee got me an iPhone 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
Sorry but it sounds a bit like,"it's our ball and we will decide when you play with it". There seems to be a real superiority complex going on with the whited00r crew recently. I refere to a post where the community were discussing about the repo, it was a fair debate until a mod who I will not name decided to chip in and then lock the topic. I'm sorry but that's not right.

What's with the all the attitude, you have spent time building whited00r and it's community. I feel you are in danger of really damaging it.

It's fair to say whited00r would be nothing without it's devs,mods and team. I put it to you that the same can be said about it's followers. Let's be honest without us you would just be a handfull of igeeks swapping files between each other.

I respect the time and effort you guys put in, and all for free. I really take my hat off to you for that. But let's do things right.

So what if you find your self answering a question for the 1000th time, or you don't like what somebody saying . Let's be s bit adult about it, be polite and move forward.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:36:45 PM by 9668harry »

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:11:16 PM »
Sorry but it sounds a bit like,"it's our ball and we will decide when you play with it". There seems to be a real superiority complex going on with the whited00r crew recently. I refere to a post where the community were discussing about the repo, it was a fair debate until a mod who I will not name decided to chip in and then lock the topic. I'm sorry but that's not right.

What's with the all the attitude, you have spent time building whited00r and it's community. I feel you are in danger of really damaging it.

It's fair to say whited00r would be nothing without it's devs,mods and team. I put it to you that the same can be said about it's followers. Let's be honest without us you would just be a handfull of igeeks swapping files between each other.

I respect the time and effort you guys put in, and all for free. I really take my hat off to you for that. But let's do things right.

So what if you find your self answering a question for the 1000th time, or you don't like what somebody saying . Let's be s bit adult about it, be polite and move forward.
;D
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline realblack7

• Omniscient and stuff...
  • SuperHero Member
  • Human Instrumentality
    • View Profile
    • realblack7's Repo
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »

this is how it goes since november 2011...
Creator of RealBackup: Last Updated Post | Creator of iCloud for WD Info Page | iPhone 3GS
My Repo: cydia.realblack7.bplaced.net

Offline 9668harry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 06:06:42 PM »
I respect your honesty as a whited00r mod realblack7.

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
Direct your complaints to Matteo/Mattwre.
Banana

Offline 9668harry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 08:02:53 PM »
Tbh Fink I would if I thought it would do any good. I mean when was the last time matteo had anything to say on the forums? I think if he did a lot of the repeat 'where is redd00r questions' as an example would be avoided. I will say now I don't intend to tar all mods and staff with the same brush. I know at least some of the team really go out of the way to help people out.

My point is if whited00r is a community then it needs to be a community. As it stands now any problems that occur,Repo/Forum etc; there is a huge lack credible information available ,closed ranks amongst mods and snappy/short answers from others. It's not exactly welcoming to new users.

If the team is overstreeched or under pressure open up, get more people on board or do something. Better this then bite the heads off the comminity when they ask questions.

Offline JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:18:11 PM »
Then would you trust a cat that met you for the first time with a fish? Weve had to move the whole server after we gave out FTP password because people decided it would be fun to hack it. Fyi:Matt comes online everyday. And we have our life's and we are spending our time to do all this for you and all you guys do is complain, complain, and complain. Well I could not say anything about it because I my self complained when I was a regular member but please note that we are single souls and we aren't robot.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:27:52 PM by JusTiz »

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

Offline 9668harry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:00:23 PM »
I see your point justiz, and I'm not going to say I have all the answers. I can only image the problems you would have if you made it an opend00r policy, pardon the pun. I have been very carefull not to complain about the problems specifically with site/repo or dev/firmware releases during this topic or at any time tbh.

Primeraly my issues are with the way SOME mods/team members conduct themselves. Secondly maybe to spark a debate between the team  in how things can be improved for everyone, users and mods included.

It does not take any more time and effort to speak to people with respect.

It may take a little longer to actually offically inform community of things that are going on, problems and so fourth but savings will be made when you don't have to keep answering the same questions over and over.( I know that u have the blog but info needs to be on the forum.

And third all the signs are that whited00r team is overstreched. I guess you need to figure out who can be trusted and who can't and expand.

If you can honestly say things are rosy and I'm making something of nothing the I'll retract my statement, but I think you know I'm right.

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 12:20:07 AM »
Tbh Fink I would if I thought it would do any good. I mean when was the last time matteo had anything to say on the forums? I think if he did a lot of the repeat 'where is redd00r questions' as an example would be avoided. I will say now I don't intend to tar all mods and staff with the same brush. I know at least some of the team really go out of the way to help people out.

My point is if whited00r is a community then it needs to be a community. As it stands now any problems that occur,Repo/Forum etc; there is a huge lack credible information available ,closed ranks amongst mods and snappy/short answers from others. It's not exactly welcoming to new users.

If the team is overstreeched or under pressure open up, get more people on board or do something. Better this then bite the heads off the comminity when they ask questions.

I'm tired. Tired of everything. I'm tired of the same old questions, the same old answers, the days of nothing happening.

Remember whited00r 5? It took us over 5 months to get a release out.
All we were waiting for was Matteo.

Matteo, every so often, he does something, then we don't hear from him for awhile, and then he does something else.
A good example is when 3store replaced the App Store. He does things without consulting his team.

I understand he is in University, but if he can't manage the project, why doesn't he give leadership to someone else?

Redd00r… We could have released it MONTHS ago. Again, Matteo no-show…

And then he changes the forums to a theme that is LESS functional than the previous version… And leaves us struggling with no forum privileges. He disables email activations, spammers come.
He buys a mobile them, when we need a better forum (iPBB)…

How many people are moderating this forum on a daily basis?

2, me and Justiz…

Phil, is in college.
Justin does YouTube stuff.
RagingNinja is developing.
Brian, haven't heard from him in a month.
Realblack is around.
Applepie, haven't hear from him for a while.
Soltmeal quit, when he thought RagingNinja singled him out over release dates (RagingNinja doesn't seem to know)
Blued00r manages the former whited00r minecraft server (now located at d00rcraft.com)
iShubbham has an iOS and otherwise blog, iToolTech.
Gawernater is floating around.
CoolBreeze, who knows…

I'm tired of all this, let me sleep in peace…
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:32:02 PM by finkmac »
Banana

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 01:40:28 AM »
Interesting rant. I totally agree.

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 02:14:35 AM »
I think DyZee and kikoko95 should devs they seem to know a little more than the average user. I just wish i knew obj C that would be more useful here than p-basic which is the code i know.
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 02:18:51 AM »
I am afraid that I am watching whited00r die but maybe this is just the calm before the storm.
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:30 AM »
I actually thought of an idea that might help.... At the moment I am downloading XCode but don't have a clue how to use it. I was gonna ask DyZee for some help but why not have the tutoring type of thing. The more experienced users can tutor the less experienced users in XCode and maybe the newer users who didn't know anything before can help develop the next Whited00r firmware. I dunno if this is a good idea or a bad one, but it might encourage some newbies (like me) to take an interest in this sort of stuff.