Author Topic: Status on Redd00r  (Read 51256 times)

Offline CountBloodRaven

• The Muppet :)
    • View Profile
Re: Status on Redd00r
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2012, 10:59:46 AM »
Previews looking sweet.

Add IGamers mod, and that would be awesome!

Offline mercurio89

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:08 AM »
I've seen the preview and it looks amazing!!! GReat work!!! Unfortunately it seems slow, especially when opening Settings or other apps.  Do you think is it possible to have an iphone 3g without lags?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2012, 01:21:34 PM »
I've seen the preview and it looks amazing!!! GReat work!!! Unfortunately it seems slow, especially when opening Settings or other apps.  Do you think is it possible to have an iphone 3g without lags?
Yes, but unfortunately it requires buying an iPhone 4(s) and not using the 3g.  You won't even notice the lag on your iPhone 3g anymore!  (provided you don't use it ;) ).

Sorry, I couldn't help myself ;)  No, you will always have lag :/

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2012, 01:28:24 PM »
What off you disabled the launch application while animating feature in springboard.app wouldnt that take out springboard lag? ( the applications would open slower though )
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2012, 01:44:02 PM »
Well, it's close. I am working on a "optimized" wallpaper. It runs very smoothly without lag on my iPod. Not sure about iPhone 3G performance

Offline Digitalfox

• Catch the fox, if you can...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
Yes, but unfortunately it requires buying an iPhone 4(s) and not using the 3g.  You won't even notice the lag on your iPhone 3g anymore!  (provided you don't use it ;) ).

Here's the thing, even my girlfriend 4s has lag.

Yes you heard it, not every OS app (not talking app store apps) is fast or don't have some lag.

As soon you start filling the iPhone with Photos, songs, Media stuff, Contacts, SMS/MMS it starts to show some lag.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »
Yes, it you fill it up it has all that there, and you will see it a lot during bootup as well.

Offline JusTiz

• Herobrine
  • SuperHero Member
  • Twitter: @JusTiz_WD
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
Well if you manage your device in a good condition it'll bee fine even my iPod touch 4g is fine (except some hardcore gaming...)

[size=7.5pt]Follow me @ Twitter[/size]

Offline Digitalfox

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »
Yes, it you fill it up it has all that there, and you will see it a lot during bootup as well.

Yep and that's why what I'm looking is not a miracle with Redd00r, but somehow less lag vs Official 4.2.1 as much as is possible given the tools and hacks available.

To me, just the possibility of easily disabling unnecessary deamons(is this the right name?) is already a big victory over Official one  ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:40:56 PM by Digitalfox »

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »

Yes you heard it, not every OS app (not talking app store apps) is fast or don't have some lag.

As soon you start filling the iPhone with Photos, songs, Media stuff, Contacts, SMS/MMS it starts to show some lag.

Is her 4S Jailbroken?
Banana

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »
Just wait and see...redd00r can be installed on either 4.2.1 or 4.1, but 4.1 is faster

Offline mercurio89

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »
I just wanted to say that our iphone 3g has a very good hardware compared to some android phones that run without any lag. So I think that, apart from buying an iphone 4s, there's potential to reduce lags and improve its speed. I think the problem is IOS that is becoming too heavy and has a lot of features that could be sacrified but not our iphone 3g.

Offline Digitalfox

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2012, 05:21:24 PM »

Is her 4S Jailbroken?

It is, but minimal stuff. Cydia and one or two cydia apps that run only when invoked so if what you mean is it's the jailbreak that it's slowing it down, I don't agree :)

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2012, 06:12:43 PM »

Is her 4S Jailbroken?

It is, but minimal stuff. Cydia and one or two cydia apps that run only when invoked so if what you mean is it's the jailbreak that it's slowing it down, I don't agree :)

Of course you won't… However, in my experience, immediately after jail breaking my iPod Touch for the first time, it became laggy…

And by "minimal tweaks" do you mean substrates? e.g. WinterBoard, NCSettings/SBSettings?
Banana

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2012, 06:28:27 PM »
Ncsettings isn't a substrate..