Author Topic: Bluetooth iPhone 3G with WD 6 Problem SBSettings  (Read 4087 times)

Offline LEONEL

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Bluetooth iPhone 3G with WD 6 Problem SBSettings
« on: May 19, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »
After installing whited00r the latest version on my iphone 3g, the bluetooth isn't working anymore. It shows that it is on but can't find devices anymore nor other devices cab find the iphone. Is there a solution for this?

Offline trim32

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Bluetooth iPhone 3G with WD 6 Problem SBSettings
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »
I can't turn on bluetooth on my iPhone 3G with WD 6. In Settings, turning the toggle on just spins for a bit then goes back to off. In SBSettings, the toggle will show green till refresh. In neither case does a bluetooth icon ever appear on the status bar. Wifi works fine. Is there anything I can do?

Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:03:35 AM by PierreP »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Can't turn on bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
Did you restore from a backup after restoring to whited00r 6?  (When iTunes asked if you wanted to set up as a new iPhone or restore from backup, did you choose the restore from backup option)

Offline trim32

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Can't turn on bluetooth
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply. No, I set it up as a new phone.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Bluetooth iPhone 3G with WD 6 Problem SBSettings
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:01:31 AM »
I can't turn on bluetooth on my iPhone 3G with WD 6. In Settings, turning the toggle on just spins for a bit then goes back to off. In SBSettings, the toggle will show green till refresh. In neither case does a bluetooth icon ever appear on the status bar. Wifi works fine. Is there anything I can do?

It works fine on my iPhone 3G whited00r 6.

After a fresh whited00r 6 firmware upgrade, I installed SBSettings but had never used Bluetooth yet. So after reading your post, I tried the SBSettings Bluetooth toggle and it would not turn on. I toggle it back off.

Went in Settings > General > Bluetooth & it turned on fine. After a couple of seconds, I turned it off.

Went back to SBSettings and now the Bluetooth toggle works fine.

I suggest you make sure the SBSettings Bluetooth toggle is Red (Off), then do a Hard Reset and use  Settings > General > Bluetooth to turn on & off once before using the toggle switch.

Check my post whited00r 6 SBSettings w/ Activator Disabled + Extra Toggles + Renaming Toggles

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread.  8)

Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.  :)

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

Offline trim32

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, PierreP. As I mentioned, I am unable to turn on bluetooth even in Settings>General>Bluetooth. This is still the case even after a hard reset (and SBSettings toggled off). I also have just tried removing SBSettings altogether and hard restarting once again, but I'm still stuck: trying to switch the Settings>General>Bluetooth on just gives me a brief spinning wheel and then it is back at off. Is there ANY chance that this ISN'T a hardware issue? Thanks again.

Offline trim32

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
Also, PierreP, I can't seem to follow your link to 'whited00r 6 SBSettings w/ Activator Disabled + Extra Toggles + Renaming Toggles' I'm getting an error page that reads "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." Would you kindly post it again?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »
Also, PierreP, I can't seem to follow your link to 'whited00r 6 SBSettings w/ Activator Disabled + Extra Toggles + Renaming Toggles' I'm getting an error page that reads "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." Would you kindly post it again?

Well the link works fine for me: http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=1621.msg67174#msg67174

Maybe there is a glitch in your account setup, I wrote to the administrator about it.

Since he is a volunteer like the rest of us @ whited00r, it may take a couple of hours to fix as he could be at work or in school.

Sorry!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »
...I am unable to turn on bluetooth even in Settings>General>Bluetooth. This is still the case even after a hard reset (and SBSettings toggled off). I also have just tried removing SBSettings altogether and hard restarting once again, but I'm still stuck: trying to switch the Settings>General>Bluetooth on just gives me a brief spinning wheel and then it is back at off. Is there ANY chance that this ISN'T a hardware issue? Thanks again.

The only troubleshooting step to rule out a hardware problem at this stage is to do a clean whited00r 6 install (not a recovery or restore) and test without installing or modding anything.

Who knows, may you made a tweak or installed some apps that broke the Bluetooth settings.

Offline trim32

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
The link works for me now.

However, bluetooth doesn't, even after a clean install of WD6. So I'm guessing either this is something in the firmware itself or a hardware issue. In the former case, I imagine it would be cropping up in the experience of other users as well, so it's probably the latter. Thanks for your help.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »
The link works for me now.

However, bluetooth doesn't, even after a clean install of WD6. So I'm guessing either this is something in the firmware itself or a hardware issue. In the former case, I imagine it would be cropping up in the experience of other users as well, so it's probably the latter. Thanks for your help.

Hardware.

Install stock iOS 4.2.1 if your think it is a WD 6 problem.

If it were, the forum would be full of complaints about Bluetooth not working.

What is your baseband? Look in Settings > General > About or:

I just connected my iPhone 3G to my computer with iTunes closed, started the small standalone (means no install required) f0recast and it gave me all the essential info about the iPhone:

Offline trim32

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »
My Bootloader is 5.12.01.

I see there is a Bluetooth field listed in 'Settings > General > About' that has a value... not sure what that refers to, but I'm pretty sure it's just there to mock me.

Offline gianpi

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:14:55 AM »
Same with me