Author Topic: How to change app icons and name of app without winterboard!!!  (Read 5649 times)

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
Ok everyone i found out how to do this recently so i thought i would share it with everyone. Ok have you ever had an app that's icon was just downright stupid well i found a way to change that.. All you have to have is ifile (to change the name) and any ssh client (preferably ifunbox which is what i used) ok so now for the fun.. First google any picture that you want the app to be (has to be 60x60 or even if its a bit smaller its ok and it needs to be a .png for it to work) then open up ifunbox and go to your system applications. Then click on the one you want to change, then find the two pictures that have "icon" at the beginning or so they should be (the two pictures should be side by side). Then copy them to your computer in case you want them back or they were the wrong two. Then take the picture that you got from google or wherever you got it then make another copy of it and name one of them the name of the first original icon, then the second the name of the name of the other original icon..(note: MAKE SURE that you put .png at the end of the name or it wont work you will just get a white icon)
Respring and it should have worked!!

Now for the renaming this is very simple and easy first open ifile go to the very first directory then click applications, after that find the app you changed or any other app then go to its "info.plist" after that you need to edit the name under
<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key> and under that it will say
<string>"app name"</string>
Just change the text in between the two strings and respring!! There you go!! (note: DO NOT change the CFBundleExecutable it will make the app crash if you changed this all you have to do is put the orignal name back there and respring) if you have any questions just let me know and ill help you as best as i can!!

"EDIT" hey here are some screen shots and a video the video consists of how to change the icon image and the screen shots deal with both the icon name and the icon picture.. i have the icons for iMessages and for the unified ipod so if you want those let me know and i will re-edit this and put them on here.

PLEASE NOTE!!!:that iMessages is not the real iMessages the info.plist has just been edited to show up as iMessages it is actually textplus as indicated in the video.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:47:47 AM by iOSCrackandHack »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: How to change app icons and name of app!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »
useful for some :)   Thanks :)  (I already knew this ;) but yeah :p )

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:36:01 PM »
well you are a moderator so i would hope you would know this.....but thank you very much! ;D

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »
I made apps that do this ;)  So yeah :)  but good for people :)

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 01:38:32 AM »
I thing I will change music to pandora and pandora to music
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »
Well im glad i was able to help!! If you guys have any questions let me know!! :D

Offline Kosciak

• Man with the plan
  • SuperHero Member
  • Helping 'round here.
    • View Profile
    • My Repo
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: How to change app icons and name of app without winterboard!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
Tutorial is good, but could you edit it to make it better visually? It would be amazing ;)

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
Re: How to change app icons and name of app without winterboard!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:53 PM »
Tutorial is good, but could you edit it to make it better visually? It would be amazing ;)
so should i add some screenies i am going to make a video and post the link but my computer is really old and can barely run itunes.... but i will add some screenshots for the name change but for the picture editing will have to wait until i can get one of these screen recorders to work x.x is you know of any good ones let my know (i have tried display recorder and screen recorder display recorder crashes on opening and ive looked at the info.plist and i have all the specs for it so i dont know and screen recorder wouldnt take the video) but thank you for the tip i am getting the screen shots for it as im typing this :DDD