Author Topic: Speeding up iPhone 3G  (Read 42013 times)

Offline burgerchef618

• Burgers :)
    • View Profile
Speeding up iPhone 3G
« on: June 09, 2012, 02:19:35 AM »

Moderator update 2013-02-11: You can find the solution in the sticky (it means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING! includes several speed up tweaks.

Outdated:

Hey everyone,

I know we're all waiting patiently for Redd00r and Whited00r 5.2 to come out LOL.  But in the meantime, I've been trying to cope with my iPhone 3G running the slow iOS 4.2.1 and tips for speeding it up.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows how to speed up the iPhone 3G in general? Like any Cydia tweaks, or anything to help?

I know people have said to delete launchdaemons and stuff, at this has been done already, BUT is there anything else to do?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:18:24 PM by PierreP »

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Speeding up iPhone 3G
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:00:24 AM »
Use Springtomize and disable anything possible. Also make the animation speed super fast xD

Offline asahrawat

• Apple Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 03:44:14 AM »
you can speed up iphone 3g with following tips:-
First of all 8), stop unnecessary Daemons from slowing our device. To do this, I have simply used a Cydia Tweak called Daemon Tools. It is found on the repo repo.insanelyi.com. I have never found a problem with my iPhone after I have let this package take away some unnecessary Daemons, so hopefully you wont have a problem either.

Once Daemon tools is installed, I then installed Springtomize from the sinfuliphone repo. This app is great at removing features that will speed up your iphone a lot.

Once Springtomize is installed, go into it (Settings > Springtomize) and apply these tweaks

General - Disable Spotlight ON
Icons - Hide Shadow ON
Icons - Disable Jittering ON (Optional, but makes moving apps easier)
Dock - Hide Icons Reflection ON
Lockscreen - Slider - Custom Sting ON (leave the custom string empty) - In my experience this makes the lockscreen less laggy upon waking up from sleep
Folders - Remove Animation ON
App Switcher - Start Editing ON (Allows the multitasking Apps to automatically appear with an 'X' icon to remove from the multitasking tray)
Animations - Custom Duration ON (Have the slider bar almost all the way to the left) This option determines the speed of the animations that iOS makes, for example when moving through settings options.

Even though you are able to 'enable' homescreen wallpapers and multitasking in Springtomize, I ran into some difficulty enabling homescreen wallpapers via springtomize. After i enabled it in the springtomize settings area, I would not be able to choose what my homescreen wallpaper was (It stayed on the default waterdrop one). So if you want homescreen wallpapers and multitasking, it is important to select these features when jailbreaking via redsn0w.
 :)  :-*

Offline doriangh

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
    • N00b Jailbreakers
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
Whited00r 5.2 for iPhone 3G already appeared! I installed it on my iPhone 3G. Check the Download tab on the iPhone 3G to see it! It has the App Market, Video button in the Camera.app and more! Check it out!

Offline PrisoneR

• Risk of Hatred
  • SuperHero Member
  • ^ thats me -_-
    • View Profile
    • whited00r
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 08:25:17 AM »
yeah whited00r 5.2 for iphone 3G has been released
2G on the way....

Offline mercurio89

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:37:21 AM »
I've read also about the speed tweak of IGamerz!!! There's also the iSpeed tweak between the recommended tweaks for whited00r!! Guys it would be a great aidea to write a guide about all the tricks for speeding up our iphones!

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »
Where did u guys see whited00r 5.2 release ? Link?
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline bloomaze

• YAY IM BACK:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »
Where did u guys see whited00r 5.2 release ? Link?

There is a unlock and normal version for the iphone 3G. For the iPhone 2G a unlock version is available and for the rest none :P

Offline e1sunz

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Other OS
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »
hmm there's alot of possible ways to speed up the iphone 3g, as 'asahrawat' that's the main stuff and yeah i said this many times lol try, syscleanpro and icleaner to clean up stuff especially the main speed up you can use for apps is deleting langpacks for some weird reason which is also included in syscleanpro and well yeah try disable as many features as you can goto setting disable stuff like location services etc etc...oh and also reduce the number of cydia tweaks as most of them use mobile substrate with each just reducing ram

Offline Mat2Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
I'm using Kikokoko95 5th version.

I used Speed Intensifier, but don't use the add-on as this will slow your device after a week.
Webscrollian makes the web a lot nicer to use and feels quicker and more fluid.
And Backgrounder with global settings set to FORCED, Fall back to native OFF, Badge ON, Status Bar Icon ON, Minimize on Toggle OFF. Then in Overrides I have deleted all but phone and safari.

Offline FFE

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »

I used Speed Intensifier, but don't use the add-on as this will slow your device after a week.
And Backgrounder with global settings set to FORCED, Fall back to native OFF, Badge ON, Status Bar Icon ON, Minimize on Toggle OFF. Then in Overrides I have deleted all but phone and safari.

What you mean by not using the addon speed of intensifier??

Offline Saqib

• Bolt da man! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
you can speed up iphone 3g with following tips:-
First of all 8), stop unnecessary Daemons from slowing our device. To do this, I have simply used a Cydia Tweak called Daemon Tools. It is found on the repo repo.insanelyi.com. I have never found a problem with my iPhone after I have let this package take away some unnecessary Daemons, so hopefully you wont have a problem either.

Once Daemon tools is installed, I then installed Springtomize from the sinfuliphone repo. This app is great at removing features that will speed up your iphone a lot.

Once Springtomize is installed, go into it (Settings > Springtomize) and apply these tweaks

General - Disable Spotlight ON
Icons - Hide Shadow ON
Icons - Disable Jittering ON (Optional, but makes moving apps easier)
Dock - Hide Icons Reflection ON
Lockscreen - Slider - Custom Sting ON (leave the custom string empty) - In my experience this makes the lockscreen less laggy upon waking up from sleep
Folders - Remove Animation ON
App Switcher - Start Editing ON (Allows the multitasking Apps to automatically appear with an 'X' icon to remove from the multitasking tray)
Animations - Custom Duration ON (Have the slider bar almost all the way to the left) This option determines the speed of the animations that iOS makes, for example when moving through settings options.

Even though you are able to 'enable' homescreen wallpapers and multitasking in Springtomize, I ran into some difficulty enabling homescreen wallpapers via springtomize. After i enabled it in the springtomize settings area, I would not be able to choose what my homescreen wallpaper was (It stayed on the default waterdrop one). So if you want homescreen wallpapers and multitasking, it is important to select these features when jailbreaking via redsn0w.
 :)  :-*

You legend! :D thank you soo much

Offline Mat2Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

What you mean by not using the addon speed of intensifier??

The add on is an Overclock via Winterboard, for a start Winterboard slows down your iphone. But the overclock when applied just makes the iphone sluggish and unresponsive after a while. Just my experience with it. Kikokoko95 has the Whited00r overclock installed, so that might be the reason??

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »
that overclock is okay but mine has better battery and same or better performance
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline CountBloodRaven

• The Muppet :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
Also try retina remover