Author Topic: [Broken] Redd00r Beta Bug Reports (iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3g)  (Read 109325 times)

Offline sarabanjina

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Redd00r Beta Bug Reports (iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3g)
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2012, 01:19:00 AM »
I can test on servers when I have access to apache logs, and I see nothing in logs (nor in access log, nor in error log), as if the iphone stops communicating when it receives (invalid) certificate.

Offline sarabanjina

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:01 AM »
I think I know why my emails are working again, I accepted the certificate while Redd00r package was not installed and iPhone remember it. When the certificate has expired, I never saw the ssl popup to accept it. It seems to be a nasty bug in red00r package which prevents the ssl popup to appear in every application...

Offline sarabanjina

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
Hi, I think I made some progress : by reactivating daemons with daemontool -r, I got the SSL popup with redd00r package installed. Now, I wonder which daemon I should activate in /etc/daemontool/daemon.list... I will try one by one if nobody has an idea...

Offline sarabanjina

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »
I got it : com.apple.certui.relay.plist. Sorry for so much noise on the forum, but I think this is a bug or it should be warned somewhere that untrusted certificate doesn't work with Redd00r. Keep up the good work anyway!

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Redd00r Beta Bug Reports (iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3g)
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »
Is that the daemon? Was it disabled with the install of redd00r or when you setup redd00r?

Offline sarabanjina

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
I uncompressed the redd00r.deb and see that daemontool and its config file was installed by the redd00r package :
/usr/bin/daemontool
/etc/daemontool/daemon.list
The problem is in /etc/daemontool/daemon.list (the last line disables com.apple.certui.relay.plist).

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
Redd00r Beta Bug Reports (iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3g)
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »
Ok in the next update I'll modify it not to disable it, find the daemon and copy it back to the launch daemons folder

Offline aimout21

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 17, 2012, 04:23:39 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but whenever i try to install any tweak/app from Cydia, Cydia is trying to get me to remove redd00r.

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
  • The Only Member That <3s Potatoes ;D
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #413 on: September 19, 2012, 04:23:42 AM »
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but whenever i try to install any tweak/app from Cydia, Cydia is trying to get me to remove redd00r.

I think bcoopizcool already answered you on another post, but I'll ask again. Are you faking your firmware right now to anything above 4.2.1? If so, then that is what is most likely the problem. Revert your firmware and it should not bother you for installing a tweak, and then fake it againe after you are done installing the tweak. :D
404 Signature Fail :(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #414 on: September 19, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
I don't think that's the problem, as I don't know for sure if redd00r does require it :/

Offline skliffy

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 22, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
hi there
i am using an iphone 3G (with official ios 4.2.1 ) and baseband 5.13.04 ( i have downgraded from 6.15 about 2 days ago )
i have instaled a lot of tweaks ( call bar, infiny dock , folder enhancer, bite sms, springtomize, passwordpilot )
I notice that after installing redd00r and downgrading from ipad bb battery was verry long life ( but after installed redd00r and downgraded bb in the same day my battery drainage was critical :| like before i slept was about 75% but after i woked up was EMPTY :| , i forgot to say that multitasking was OFF ) i had uninstalled redd00r and ch4os utility and all that redd00r installed (  but in springboard app i found n72ap.plist which is ipod touch springboard launcher , and i deleted it ) i hope that will help a lot ,
Please help me some 1 and tell me whats should i have to delete to go at normally ( like before installing redd00r without restoring cuz i have alot of apps and thing ) ( btw redd00r its cool and works verry good but i dont need it )

Offline Dano2fly

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 23, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »
NEED HELP!

MY REDD00R says: "ERROR: info file could not be fetched for Redd00r

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #417 on: October 23, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
NEED HELP!

MY REDD00R says: "ERROR: info file could not be fetched for Redd00r
Don't worry, that is because the OTA server is offline.  It's not that much of an issue.  Your redd00r install is fine, it is just the server.

Offline Thebiocity

• I shall lick you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 24, 2012, 10:52:03 PM »
hi there
i am using an iphone 3G (with official ios 4.2.1 ) and baseband 5.13.04 ( i have downgraded from 6.15 about 2 days ago )
i have instaled a lot of tweaks ( call bar, infiny dock , folder enhancer, bite sms, springtomize, passwordpilot )
I notice that after installing redd00r and downgrading from ipad bb battery was verry long life ( but after installed redd00r and downgraded bb in the same day my battery drainage was critical :| like before i slept was about 75% but after i woked up was EMPTY :| , i forgot to say that multitasking was OFF ) i had uninstalled redd00r and ch4os utility and all that redd00r installed (  but in springboard app i found n72ap.plist which is ipod touch springboard launcher , and i deleted it ) i hope that will help a lot ,
Please help me some 1 and tell me whats should i have to delete to go at normally ( like before installing redd00r without restoring cuz i have alot of apps and thing ) ( btw redd00r its cool and works verry good but i dont need it )

well try removing the Tweaks you don't really need like infiny dock and Folder enchancer. it's either a tweak is draining you dry or you battery is about to die or something.

Offline Eric

• Redd00r Helper and Archetype User
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:53 PM »
Do a clean restore.
Drain your battery and then charge it all the way to 100%
- iPod touch 2G Mc
- iPad 2 wifi
- HTC One M8