Author Topic: [Broken] Redd00r Beta Bug Reports (iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3g)  (Read 102496 times)

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: Redd00r Beta Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2012, 02:59:19 AM »
You could have a png converter run and lower the quality of all the png files.(I would make it a option since it would take hours) I would also uninfy music and video because that's how it is in iOS 5 thisnisnfor iPhone 3G version.
No, ios5 has the music and video seperated on all devices...

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »
You could have a png converter run and lower the quality of all the png files.(I would make it a option since it would take hours) I would also uninfy music and video because that's how it is in iOS 5 thisnisnfor iPhone 3G version.
No, ios5 has the music and video seperated on all devices...
Sorry I meant un-unify  ;)
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2012, 04:52:42 AM »
I did that :)

Offline spiritshadowx

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2012, 10:17:12 PM »
Here are the bugs I have noticed with Redd00r so far, I hope these help!

Reminders app
- White dot doesn't change unless I touch it.
- Page can stop between completed and reminders.
- For some reason it shoes a notification of 5,464 with no way to remove it.
- Added reminders remove shortly after closing the app, or even just changing a page sometimes.
- Custom icon opens a numberpad.
- A background with whited00r is shown when switching views.

Manual Multitasking
- Holding the home button shows "Multitasking enabled/disabled" but does not close the app or add it to multitasking bar.
- After showing the "Multitasking enabled" option, closing the app and checking the multitasking bar the app has not been saved.
- Some apps only show "Multitasking disabled" and nothing else, can be reproduced on the 'Video' app.

Native Multitasking
- Backgrounder seems to remain active, although I don't know if I did something wrong to cause this.

Optimized Wallpaper
- Does not seem to be changeable (changing the wallpaper seems to effect only the lockscreen).
- Leaves the text grey and often unreadable (possibly an option to toggle between black, grey and white labels with shadows on/off?).

iCloud app
- No backing up of system applications, although I suppose this can't be changed.
- Possibly add option to back up notes/Music/Video and other files stored on the device?

OpenGLES 2.0
- Causes some applications to have graphical glitches and crash, I think this is a problem with activating this on devices which do not use it.

These are what I have noticed so far, I hope this helps and this project is wonderful! I would think if this works it would be more useful than 5 itself!

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
Reminders app is currently being redone with new features, so many bugs should go away

Manual Multitasking. Holding the home button will not quit the app, but it will turn on multitasking for it. When you close the app, then it should stay in the background. If its not doing that, idk what is going on. What apps are you trying to background? Some native apps background by default, but I'll look more into it.

Auto multitasking. Backgrounder shouldn't be running still. Check /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and see if backgrounder is backgrounder.dylib or .disabled... Or do you mean when you hold the home button it opens the backgrounder app? If so, I have already fixed this in the next version..

Optimized wallpaper. I know that this version has gray labels and I said it is not possible to change it, however, I have successfully made a tweak to make them white. IT will be included in the next version...
It should be changeable, you need to RESPRING after changing it. Also, for reference, are you using wallpapers from your saved photos or from the wallpapers folder?

iCloud. Unfortunately I can't add those features. Sorry! You may want to look into real backup.....

OpenGl Es 2.0. I don't even know I enabled it! Anyways since you're enabling it on a device that it isn't built for, it's probably going to be buggy....

I'll look into your issues. Thanks for your feedback!

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2012, 11:16:17 PM »
Reminders app is currently being redone with new features, so many bugs should go away

Manual Multitasking. Holding the home button will not quit the app, but it will turn on multitasking for it. When you close the app, then it should stay in the background. If its not doing that, idk what is going on. What apps are you trying to background? Some native apps background by default, but I'll look more into it.

Auto multitasking. Backgrounder shouldn't be running still. Check /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and see if backgrounder is backgrounder.dylib or .disabled... Or do you mean when you hold the home button it opens the backgrounder app? If so, I have already fixed this in the next version..

Optimized wallpaper. I know that this version has gray labels and I said it is not possible to change it, however, I have successfully made a tweak to make them white. IT will be included in the next version...
It should be changeable, you need to RESPRING after changing it. Also, for reference, are you using wallpapers from your saved photos or from the wallpapers folder?

iCloud. Unfortunately I can't add those features. Sorry! You may want to look into real backup.....

OpenGl Es 2.0. I don't even know I enabled it! Anyways since you're enabling it on a device that it isn't built for, it's probably going to be buggy....

I'll look into your issues. Thanks for your feedback!
you probably enabled because some animations won't work unless it is enabled.
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline spiritshadowx

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Oh that sounds good, it seems extremely useful especially for someone like me with the memory of a sieve.

I do believe I tried it with Draw Something and Documents to go, both did not seem to work. I just tried it now and it didn't, but I have native on now so that might make that confirmation useless.

When I hold the home button down that background disabled/enabled appears which is what I meant, I apologise for not making that clear. Backgrounder is .dylib, although I respringed not rebooted after enabling native multitasking, which might of been the problem.

Wow, well done with that I must say! Yeah I was trying to use photo library photos, I presume that doesn't work? I respringed after changing if that helps.

Oh well, would have been interesting to see! It doesn't really affect me, just would have been a nice bonus you know? It's awesome as it is.

I first thought I did this myself, but I realised both were activated, and I've always just changed the version number instead of entering a whole new key, so I presumed the app did this, or a ninja iPod hacker but I think that might be improbable.

No problem I will always try to help as much as possible, it is nice to see modders still care about the older generation of devices, and I know simple "HURR THIS NO WERK FIX PLZ" doesn't help.

@IGamer77z7 That's right I believe, Multitasking fails without OpenGLES 2 from my personal experience.

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 12:13:58 AM »
I assume you toggled Multitasking modes using the settings pane, right?

Offline bloomaze

• YAY IM BACK:)
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 12:15:22 AM »
You used openGL ES 2.0 on Redd00r? That should be only for the ipod touch 2G because my tut works perfectly on this device.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:32:18 AM by bloomaze »

Offline spiritshadowx

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »
I assume you toggled Multitasking modes using the settings pane, right?

That is correct, yes. I forgot to mention my device is an iPod Touch 2G MC model.

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
Oh that sounds good, it seems extremely useful especially for someone like me with the memory of a sieve.

I do believe I tried it with Draw Something and Documents to go, both did not seem to work. I just tried it now and it didn't, but I have native on now so that might make that confirmation useless.

When I hold the home button down that background disabled/enabled appears which is what I meant, I apologise for not making that clear. Backgrounder is .dylib, although I respringed not rebooted after enabling native multitasking, which might of been the problem.

Wow, well done with that I must say! Yeah I was trying to use photo library photos, I presume that doesn't work? I respringed after changing if that helps.

Oh well, would have been interesting to see! It doesn't really affect me, just would have been a nice bonus you know? It's awesome as it is.

I first thought I did this myself, but I realised both were activated, and I've always just changed the version number instead of entering a whole new key, so I presumed the app did this, or a ninja iPod hacker but I think that might be improbable.

No problem I will always try to help as much as possible, it is nice to see modders still care about the older generation of devices, and I know simple "HURR THIS NO WERK FIX PLZ" doesn't help.

@IGamer77z7 That's right I believe, Multitasking fails without OpenGLES 2 from my personal experience.
When changing settings, you changed the settings, tapped apply, and tapped respeing when the alert came, right? Anyways on native multitasking, holding the home button down shouldn't do anything, that is for manual only. As for the photo library, and wallpaper, ill look into it...some people say it works, some don't....

Offline JoVRiet

• Redd00r User and Loving it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »
I noticed when you change the wallpaper via the photos app it doenst change ypu homescreen wallpaper even if you respring. The homescreen wallpaper does change when you change it in the settings app.

Bloomaze can you please give me the link to you openGLES 2.0 fix. I wanna give it a shot.

Offline bloomaze

• YAY IM BACK:)
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2012, 06:00:57 AM »

Offline spiritshadowx

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »
When changing settings, you changed the settings, tapped apply, and tapped respeing when the alert came, right? Anyways on native multitasking, holding the home button down shouldn't do anything, that is for manual only. As for the photo library, and wallpaper, ill look into it...some people say it works, some don't....
Sorry for the delay I was asleep and my iPod battery died, but that is what I did, when I changed the settings if it didn't prompt me I would respring through SBSettings. Sounds good, one thing I keep forgetting to look into myself is why BossPaper wallpapers seems to vanish when opening folders.

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
Oh...if you arent prompted then it didn't change your settings....you could respring and open settings app and try again, but no popup, no settings change. I am aware that the bosspaper wallpaper goes away but that seems to be because it sets wallpaper in a different, more efficient manner than native. Unfortunately that is a side effect