Author Topic: [Broken] Redd00r for iPod Touch 2g and iPhone 3g  (Read 258323 times)

June 12, 2012, 02:26:51 AM
Read 258323 times

applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Developer
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
PierreP moderator note 2013-07-31:
Redd00r is really buggy and old and does NOT work anymore. We recommend waiting for an update that will be announced after the next Whited00r update. Sorry, we cannot give a release date yet so please do not ask.

Meanwhile, you can try bcooperizcool's Archetype -- Custom firmware package for every iOS

Original post:

We strongly recommend you install this over a clean firmware, or without a lot of cydia tweaks installed. Otherwise, redd00r will be slow, as having a lot of tweaks + wallpaper + multitasking will use a lot of ram.
Version 0.5.1, Download NOW via OTA or Cydia! SUPPORTS IPHONE 3G! YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST VERSION OF CH40S UTILITIES TO UPDATE!
Changelog
- IPHONE 3G SUPPORT!!!!
- WHITE ICON LABELS FOR OPTIMIZED WALLPAPER!!!!
- BRAND NEW REMINDERS APP. AWESOME! AWESOME! Saving checkmarks, NOTIFICATIONS, and more! Check it out!
- Newsstand app, allows you to see news from whited00r!!
- Device now checks for updates on boot
- Fixed dock in optimized wallpaper
- New maps and settings icons
- Weather app updated
- Black Status bar like ios6 in Safari
- Option to remove retina images from the redd00r settings pane.
- Improved OTA code
- Config app now opens onboot
- Other bug fixes

Download via Cydia or OTA now
Note that this version requires the latest version of ch40s utilities, avaliable from me or brian's repo. DO NOT INSTALL THE REPOD00R VERSION, IT DOESN'T WORK!

=================================

It's finally here! The redd00r beta is now available for download for iPhone 3g and iPod touch 2g on iOS4.2.1! (MC and MB models). Redd00r has many features such as:

NOTE: REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA. IT MAY BE BUGGY, SLOWER, AND HAVE OTHER ISSUES. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Please skim through this post before installing or complaining....

Performance:
We try hard to have as many features as possible while minting decent performance. This is difficult, as ios4.2.1 is already slower than ios3/whited00r. Performance with optimal settings is similar to whited00r, but it varies by your settings.

Performance Chart
Feature                                             Performance Hit (Lower is better)
Redd00r Optimized Wallpaper         2/6 (Respring after changing wallpaper, optimized wallpaper is bosspaper)
Wallpaper Off                                     0/6
Native Wallpaper                                4/6 (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Icon Shadows ON                               6/6 (NOT RECOMMENDED)

Multitasking Off                                 0/6
Manual Multitasking                        2/6
Auto Multitasking                               3/6

OPTIMAL SETTINGS ARE:
Optimized or no wallpaper, manual or no multitasking, and transparency effects disabled.

Homescreen Wallpaper
Redd00r offers homescreen wallpaper for your old devices. We use optimized wallpaper (via bosspaper). This version is much faster than native, though it does lack some features. Unfortuantly the native wallpaper is pretty laggy and not very usable, so optimized is the best choice. You will need to RESPRING after setting wallpaper. Optionally you can use native wallpaper, but this will cause lag, especially with shadows.

Multitasking
Redd00r offers multitasking for your old devices. The default setting is manual multitasking. This version of multitasking works like whited00r. Apps quit normally, to keep an app running in the background, hold the home button. You can also use normal (auto) multitasking, but this could cause lag if too many apps are running in the backgrounder.

Folders
Redd00r offers native ios4 folders.

iOS5 Features
Redd00r offers reminders, newsstand (v 0.5.1) and icloud apps from whited00r.

iOS4 apps support
Since redd00r is ios4.2.1 based, you can install any app that requires ios4.2.1 or lower, offering a much wider range of apps than whited00r.

======= INSTALLATION ===========
Installation is much easier than whited00r. Instead of distributing through a .ipsw, which requires a restore, redd00r is installed through cydia, as a package. This means that you can install it on top of your existing setup, with no data loss. However,  for  speed, we still recommend you perform a clean restore to iOS4.2.1 before installing redder.

If you would not like to perform a clean install and are already on 4.2.1, but not jailbroken, skip to step 6
If you are already jailbroken, on 4.2.1, and would not like to restore, skip to step 10
If you want to restore or are not on 4.2.1, follow all these steps:

Optionally, if you have an iphone 3g and want to restore clean, you can use this firmware http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0 and install redd00r (v 5.1, once it comes out) on top of it. This firmware is prejailbroken, making installation faster. After that, you can skip to step 10.

1. Plug in your device into your computer and open iTunes.
2. Click on your device, then on the restore button.
3. Wait for your device to restore.
4. When prompted, choose if you would like to restore from backup or perform a clean install. We recommend a clean install.
5. Sync all of your data back.
6. Jailbreak your device. We recommend using redsn0w, download here: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.14b1.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
7. Go through with jailbreaking, don't enable wallpaper multitasking or wallpaper. Enable battery percentage if you want it.
8. Once the device is jailbroken, open cydia and let it configure the filesystem
9. Open cydia again, letting cydia download the necessary source databases. You may receive a warning about cydia being outdated. Update cydia to the latest version.
10. UNLESS you are on the redd00r base firmware, install mobilesubstrate (most people already have this installed).
11. Add the repo:(click here to view the repo address) http://applepie.indigo.dragon-dev.co.uk/Repo/(we are going to add this to repod00r soon)
12. Install the package: Redd00r Beta For iPod touch (sorry I forgot to rename it)
13. After your device reboots, OPEN THE APP NAMED REDD00R
14. Run through the setup app, choose your settings. Note it may take up to several minuets to configure your device. DO NOT CLOSE THE APP. It may not seem like it, but the app is working. Just sit back and wait..
15. Once you respiring, you are done! You can change your settings any time in settings.

Keeping Redd00r Up To Date
Another cool feature of redd00r is you can install updates easily, no restore needed. By default, your device will check for updates automatically upon boot (ver. 5.1). To check for updates manually, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update and tap check for updates. You will be informed with update info after a few seconds. You can also update redder through cydia. Please note that you will need to go through setup again. The setup app may not reflect your current settings.

When will iPhone 2g and iPod touch 1g support come out?
In case you weren't already aware, since redd00r is ios4 based, it does not support first generation devices.

Common Questions and Issues
Q: When installing, I get an error saying I need iOS4.3.2, or I get a dependency error about preference loader?
A: This is because I am hosting a version of mobile substrate that works on the redd00r base firmware and only that firmware (for some reason the version on suarik's repo doesn't work on it). The only way to get cydia to use that version over the one on suarik's repo is to change the version number to be newer than the one on suarik's repo. Unfortunately, for everyone else, they will see the update in cydia and if they don't have mobilesubstrate already, they won't be able to install tweaks.

TO GET AROUND THIS:
1. Remove the "applepie.bplaced.net" repo.
2. Install mobilesubstrate (from suarik's repo)
3. Re-add my repo.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Q: After adding the "applepie.bplaced.net" repo I get an update for mobilesubstrate, but I can't install it?
A: See above.

For more FAQs, see Redd00r FAQ - iOS 4.1 & iOS 4.2.1 Speed Up & Modding - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Bug Reports: Go Here: http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=6006.0

So:
Go download this thing and share your opinion! Be sure to share your opinion in this topic!

NOTE: Don't complain about speed. We're doing are best. Make sure you are using optimal settings (Optimized or no wallpaper, Manual or no multitasking, no transparency effects). If you are not using these settings, expect lag. Also, don't ask for notification center. We have ideas about how to accomplish this, but it's not yet in development

Credits:
Brian, for being a huge help. He provided testing, support and made a lot of the scripts needed for this to function.
Matteo, for making this project in the first place...

Soltmeal, FinkMac for Reminders, Newsstand. (small tweaks by ApplePie)
Bigboss for Bosspaper, Used for optimized wallpaper
DarkWeaver for WallpaperJPEGifier, Used for optimized wallpaper
ashikase for Backgrounder, Used for manual multitasking
EvilPenguin! for Remove Recents, Used for manual multitasking
Mr. Russian, for No Ghostly Icons, used to remove transparency effects
justinxxvii for data deposit, the app that was modded into icloud.

ENJOY!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:58:24 AM by PierreP »

June 12, 2012, 02:30:29 AM
Reply #1

IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Information Offline
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
THANK YOU SORRY FOR MY DOUBTS
Think Different
Zen is the way

June 12, 2012, 02:31:55 AM
Reply #2

applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Developer
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile

June 12, 2012, 02:32:44 AM
Reply #3

iOSCrackandHack

• Information Offline
  • Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
WOOOOOHHOOOOO I LOVE YOU!!! (no homo)

June 12, 2012, 02:33:02 AM
Reply #4

IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Information Offline
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
downloading right now
Think Different
Zen is the way

June 12, 2012, 02:34:55 AM
Reply #5

iOSCrackandHack

• Information Offline
  • Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
whats wrong with multitasking and wallpapers

June 12, 2012, 02:35:35 AM
Reply #6

iOSCrackandHack

• Information Offline
  • Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile

June 12, 2012, 02:36:02 AM
Reply #7

applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Developer
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
No...the point is use the OPTIMIZED wallpaper over the NATIVE WALLPAPER (lacks some features) and use MANUAL MULTITASKING instead of AUTO

June 12, 2012, 02:36:11 AM
Reply #8

IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Information Offline
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
Think Different
Zen is the way

June 12, 2012, 02:36:40 AM
Reply #9

IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Information Offline
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
No...the point is use the OPTIMIZED wallpaper over the NATIVE WALLPAPER (lacks some features) and use MANUAL MULTITASKING instead of AUTO
i planned on it
Think Different
Zen is the way

June 12, 2012, 02:37:20 AM
Reply #10

bloomaze

• Information Offline
  • YAY IM BACK:)
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
fuuuuuu no 3G? fuuuuuu

June 12, 2012, 02:37:49 AM
Reply #11

iOSCrackandHack

• Information Offline
  • Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
oh ok thank you very much.

June 12, 2012, 02:39:31 AM
Reply #12

IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Information Offline
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
THIS IS FANTABULOUS LOOKS GOOD AND FAST!
Think Different
Zen is the way

June 12, 2012, 02:41:17 AM
Reply #13

applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Developer
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile