Author Topic: Get redy for more devices  (Read 3592 times)

Offline tecguy214

• Please delete this account
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
Get redy for more devices
« on: June 14, 2012, 04:25:12 PM »
Just letting pepole know that the new ios 6 drops support for the ipod 3 and the 3g or 3gs iphone (im not sure which)
visit: www.apple.com/ios/ios6
Please delete this account

Offline DomFredo_

• d0md00r.
    • View Profile
Re: Get redy for more devices
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
3gs still supported.
3g not.

Offline PrisoneR

• Risk of Hatred
  • SuperHero Member
  • ^ thats me -_-
    • View Profile
    • whited00r
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
it dropped support for ipad 1 and ipod touch 3g
ipad 2, ipad 3, iphone 4, iphone 4s, iphone 3gs  and ipod touch 4g supported

Offline Apple trasher

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »
i cant belive that they are droping out the ipad 1... its got plenty of ability to run the next firmware they are just a bunch of [I'm a homophobe!]s out to get people buying the newest stuff...
next thing you know the iphone 4s will be not supported because it is to small and the ipad is bigger in size...
dont get me wrong i love apple products but i hate  the way they treat them like they are to old the day after they are relised...

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
i cant belive that they are droping out the ipad 1... its got plenty of ability to run the next firmware they are just a bunch of [I'm a homophobe!]s out to get people buying the newest stuff...
next thing you know the iphone 4s will be not supported because it is to small and the ipad is bigger in size...
dont get me wrong i love apple products but i hate  the way they treat them like they are to old the day after they are relised...

This post shows how little you know. Do you know how much RAM the iPad 1 has? 256MB. Like the 3GS. Did you know that the iPad Display is larger, so it requires more resources? No. Did you know that the iPad 1 already got 2 major upgrades? No. Of course not. Because Apple is somehow obligated to release upgrades for your device

Because Apple are Homosexuals. (Tim Cook is, problem?) Maybe it has to do with the hardware? Naw, it couldn't be that. ::) iOS 5 runs as fast as on the iPad 3, and no iPad 1 users complain about the speed of iOS 5. ::)

Banana

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 03:23:43 PM »

This post shows how little you know. Do you know how much RAM the iPad 1 has? 256MB. Like the 3GS. Did you know that the iPad Display is larger, so it requires more resources? No. Did you know that the iPad 1 already got 2 major upgrades? No. Of course not. Because Apple is somehow obligated to release upgrades for your device

Because Apple are Homosexuals. (Tim Cook is, problem?) Maybe it has to do with the hardware? Naw, it couldn't be that. ::) iOS 5 runs as fast as on the iPad 3, and no iPad 1 users complain about the speed of iOS 5. ::)
Its a just typical complaint from a user that dont spend much time studying about apple devices thats why there so quick to blame and hate apple for not supporting there devices, becosue they have little knowledge about it

eg Many users complained when apple did not put ios4 on the older devices even tho apple said that it would not work right on these devices becosue of hardware limitations but yet users complained even sent emails to apple so apple released it and users are still complaining, now apple knows what there doing if they said the hardware wont support it then its true, and we just have to accept that but if then jailbreaking and modding is there so maybe someone will find a way to get it on the Ipad1 you never know but its possible :)
Using Whited00r 5.1.2 on my EPIC iphone 2G

Offline Soltmeal

• Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • WDApps
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »
Dont be fooled iPhone 3Gs will be dropped quickly after the release of The New iPhone and iPod touch.

As for those saying there will be an ipad mini why wpouldn't it be called big ipod touch?
Developer of WDReminders
Instagram [email protected]

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 03:01:41 AM »
LOL! I heard that from TodaysiPhone. In a months time I am sure there will be a new iPhone.

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
sorry finkmac, but the ipad have a 1ghz processor, so it could handle ios 6 like the ipod 4, the iphone 3gs started with ios 3, so it got 3 major updates
Soutient en Francais ici

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »
sorry finkmac, but the ipad have a 1ghz processor, so it could handle ios 6 like the ipod 4, the iphone 3gs started with ios 3, so it got 3 major updates

" Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 09:01:41 PM "

Uncessary bump   :-\

Ah yes, clock speed means jack if you don't have enough memory
Banana