Author Topic: I have an idea for iPod Touch 2G MC! DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ!  (Read 9669 times)

Offline faxmanloveswaffles

• View Profile
ONLY WHITED00R DEVELOPERS SHOULD TRY THIS! OR IF YOUR WILLING TO BE PREPARED TO FIX ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY OCCUR! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND BRICKING OR CRASHING OR LOSS OF DATA ON YOUR DEVICE.
I'm not sure if this will work. (Don't have a 2G. I was just brianstorming about exploits and all and this came to me!)You all know that whited00r doesn't support iPod Touch 2G MC, right? One reason being because (I believe whited00r is produced using pwnagetool) and pwnagetool doesn't include the steaks4uce exploit. Ok here it goes. When you develop jailbroken iPod Touch 2G firmware with pwnagetool, have Windows ready and sn0wbreeze open set to iOS 3.1.3 iPod Touch 2G. Be sure to select MC model when asked. Make a basic jailbroken IPSW. Open WINRAR or 7ZIP and extract the IPSW. Also extract the whited00r one! Go to the firmware you extracted made with sn0wbreeze. Copy the "Firmware" folder to the extracted whited00r firmware. ZIP it up with a zip archiver (ZIP FORMAT ONLY!) and rename the extension to IPSW.
TO THE DEVELOPERS: The steaks4uce exploit should get around the shsh requirement. If that doesn't work, or you get 16xx error in iTunes... iREB IS YOUR FRIEND.
EDIT:
I'm trying to talk my sister in to letting me borrow her iPod (might even have to give a couple bucks) to try this. She's so stupid with technology that she thinks that her iPod will explode or something (kind of being sarcastic).

Moderator note: reduced the huge Font size of the red text.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:15:15 PM by PierreP »

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
Re: I have an idea for iPod Touch 2G MC! DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
thats a good idea i dont think anyone would have thought to use the steaks4uce exploit to put whited00r on an mc model thats good thinking. i hope all the dev's will think about trying it  ;D ;D ;D

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »
It won't work because whited00r ios3.1.3 based and if you are on ios4 or higher you need SHSH blobs to downgrade

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »
It won't work because whited00r ios3.1.3 based and if you are on ios4 or higher you need SHSH blobs to downgrade
could you use TinyUmbrella to get the SHSH blobs??

Offline faxmanloveswaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »
I know it's iOS 3 based. Last time I restored a iPod Touch 2G MC (sister's) to a custom 3.1.3 firmware, I don't believe it needed SHSH since the exploit kind of patches it out. Like the APTicket on iOS 5 on A4 devices.

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »
I downgrade and grade al the time between iOS 3.1.3 and iOS 4.2.1 on my 2g mc model no Ssh
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »
Cool. Too bad it's way too late for this now.
Banana

Offline xmanza191

• JB
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »

No, if you use sn0wbreeze to make 3.1.3 ipsw you don't need SHSH on ipod2g MC. I do this all the time it work fine without SHSH  :D

(Sorry for my bad English) :-\

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
My response: -_-
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:40:09 PM by finkmac »
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------