Author Topic: [Broken] Redd00r FAQ - iOS 4.1 & iOS 4.2.1 Speed Up & Modding  (Read 43512 times)

Offline VictoReX

• Redd00r User
    • View Profile
Re: F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions) over Redd00r!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
I always wonder: Why It's called Whited00r and Redd00r?

Offline Tiberius

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
 :o
This is my first time posting to this board; hope I'm putting this in the right place. This is regarding the update badge for Mobil Substrate. I did as you said and removed / re-added applepie repo. That did not work; I kept getting the "Cannot Comply" message in Cydia; reason stated is Required Firmware >= 4.3.2

After trying your instructions, I backed up all my stuff with i-Funbox (love it!) and did a clean restore and rejailbreak with Greenpois0n RC-6.1.   I thought maybe that would clear things up, but then this happened:  After a complete cydia upgrade, I added applepie and could not install red00r due to mobil substrate requiring 4.3.2 so I manually searched for a couple of hours to find Saurik's (or ANY) version of Substrate. I did not know it at the time, but adding applepie repo removes every other available version of Substrate from Cydia. SO I thought maybe the jailbreak went wrong (I had unplugged the USB cable after GPRC6 told me it was done) and went ahead and restored and rejailbroke (again), this time treating it like the King's Men treated Humpty (i.e., with extreme caution/care). After that (and reupgrading Cydia) I searched for Substrate (from Saurik) BEFORE adding applepie. This resulted in me finding it (and telling myself I was a retard for not trying that the first time), so I added applepie, tried your version (still got the error msg in re: 4.3.2) then deleted applepie, installed Substrate from Saurik, readded applepie and then installed Redd00r.

The problem of not being able to get hold of your version of Substrate still exists; I don't understand why, because your version IS higher than his (1.0 vs 0.9.3998). The only thing I can think of is that maybe when you wrote the Mobil Substrate program, you typo-ed when telling it which iOS Firmware to require. (I know nothing of programming, only repairs and configs of PC hardware and software [Vista F$#^ing Sucks!] )

So I guess my question is this: Can you update your repo to include Mobil Substrate for Redd00r that accepts iOS 4.2.1 OR tell me (us) a way to fool Cydia into thinking that I have 4.3.2 so that I can download Substrate for Redd00r? (Alternatively, provide any solution that allows an upgrade to your v. of substrate.)

Thanks for your time, sorry for the long post; My OS and iDevice info is as follows:
Windows XP Pro SP3, 2.5 GB of Ram
iTunes 10.6.3 used for restore
Greenpois0n RC-6.1 (Ran as Administrator) to jailbreak
iDevice is an iPod Touch 2G MC Model running iOS 4.2.1 (with Redd00r 0.51 Beta)

PS. I've read on this forum many times, and only seen a very few people actually say thanks for your software and your time answering questions. On behalf of myself and everyone who has outdated Apple Devices: T H A N K   Y O U ,  M R .  A P P L E P I E ,  S I R  ! ! !  Your work and time are appreciated, even if most of us are too much of a dick to say so.

Offline killjoy2012

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 07:47:20 PM »
:o
This is my first time posting to this board; hope I'm putting this in the right place. This is regarding the update badge for Mobil Substrate. I did as you said and removed / re-added applepie repo. That did not work; I kept getting the "Cannot Comply" message in Cydia; reason stated is Required Firmware >= 4.3.2

After trying your instructions, I backed up all my stuff with i-Funbox (love it!) and did a clean restore and rejailbreak with Greenpois0n RC-6.1.   I thought maybe that would clear things up, but then this happened:  After a complete cydia upgrade, I added applepie and could not install red00r due to mobil substrate requiring 4.3.2 so I manually searched for a couple of hours to find Saurik's (or ANY) version of Substrate. I did not know it at the time, but adding applepie repo removes every other available version of Substrate from Cydia. SO I thought maybe the jailbreak went wrong (I had unplugged the USB cable after GPRC6 told me it was done) and went ahead and restored and rejailbroke (again), this time treating it like the King's Men treated Humpty (i.e., with extreme caution/care). After that (and reupgrading Cydia) I searched for Substrate (from Saurik) BEFORE adding applepie. This resulted in me finding it (and telling myself I was a retard for not trying that the first time), so I added applepie, tried your version (still got the error msg in re: 4.3.2) then deleted applepie, installed Substrate from Saurik, readded applepie and then installed Redd00r.

The problem of not being able to get hold of your version of Substrate still exists; I don't understand why, because your version IS higher than his (1.0 vs 0.9.3998). The only thing I can think of is that maybe when you wrote the Mobil Substrate program, you typo-ed when telling it which iOS Firmware to require. (I know nothing of programming, only repairs and configs of PC hardware and software [Vista F$#^ing Sucks!] )

So I guess my question is this: Can you update your repo to include Mobil Substrate for Redd00r that accepts iOS 4.2.1 OR tell me (us) a way to fool Cydia into thinking that I have 4.3.2 so that I can download Substrate for Redd00r? (Alternatively, provide any solution that allows an upgrade to your v. of substrate.)

Thanks for your time, sorry for the long post; My OS and iDevice info is as follows:
Windows XP Pro SP3, 2.5 GB of Ram
iTunes 10.6.3 used for restore
Greenpois0n RC-6.1 (Ran as Administrator) to jailbreak
iDevice is an iPod Touch 2G MC Model running iOS 4.2.1 (with Redd00r 0.51 Beta)

PS. I've read on this forum many times, and only seen a very few people actually say thanks for your software and your time answering questions. On behalf of myself and everyone who has outdated Apple Devices: T H A N K   Y O U ,  M R .  A P P L E P I E ,  S I R  ! ! !  Your work and time are appreciated, even if most of us are too much of a dick to say so.

install mobilesubstrate before adding Applepie's repo, that'll solve it.

Offline Thebiocity

• I shall lick you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 10:54:20 PM »
Don't think your much of a reader. :)
if you read the stuff posted on the stickied threads you would have known that you have to install the reddoor base for the mobilesubstrate on applepies repo to work and you would know that you had to install mobile substrate first on Cydia before adding applepies repo  ;)

Offline ashokkandoi

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions) on Redd00r!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 08:14:57 AM »
Dear sir,

I want to uninstall redd00r from my iphone 3g 4.2.1. Please tell me procedure to uninstall the same.

thanks
Ashok Kandoi

Offline djjade8

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: [Broken] Redd00r FAQ - iOS 4.1 & iOS 4.2.1 Speed Up & Modding
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 09:15:21 PM »
Is it possible that a whited00r7 can be made running on ios4.2.1?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: [Broken] Redd00r FAQ - iOS 4.1 & iOS 4.2.1 Speed Up & Modding
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 06:17:54 AM »
Is it possible that a whited00r7 can be made running on ios4.2.1?

Welcome to the forums :)

First off, please do not keep posting the same thing in completely irrelevant threads in many places. This does not get you a better, faster, or different answer.

I have removed your excess posts, and now it is just this one.

Anyway, no. Whited00r will not be made to run on iOS 4.  It is a 3.1.3 only project.  This is explained in the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING

Whited00r device support and future plans
Sorry if below sounds harsh, but it's the truth of how things are. Sometimes only bluntly saying things gets it through and makes people understand the full picture ;)

Will whited00r support any new devices like the iPad 1G, iPod touch 3G/4G, or the iPhone 3GS?
No. It won't. If there ever are any other things for those devices, it would be under another project name.

Why doesn't whited00r support those devices, or different iOS versions?
Too much work to develop for more and more devices.

It's not that much work to make it work for iOS 6 or the other devices! Lazy! >:(

No, we aren't lazy. Whited00r 7 took 6+ months of development, reverse engineering and testing/designing to get working.
It's not as easy as just modifying some things and suddenly it works. We want to do quality work, and even if we didn't it would still face the following problems:
  • New API - Yes, we may have new API to work with, it also means the old code could become inefficient, or not work as designed originally
  • New Classes - New classes means things that we used before could be obsolete, or not even exist anymore.
  • Changes to existing Classes - This means things we have currently hooked or use, and spent ages figuring out, no longer behave as expected, exist, or even do the same things, or else aren't the quickest or best, or the cleanest way to do it anymore.
So, if we were to do it for newer firmwares, we would have to recode everything again and again and reverse engineer for each iOS version. On each new iOS, there will be any number of unpredictable challenges or roadblocks, meaning it could take even longer than whited00r 7 did. That's for each iOS we add support for.

The issues above are a big thing, but also, there is the problem of time. Whited00r is done for free, only for these older devices because it's not a whole set of new devices (thus requiring all the same work all over again).   We do this in our free time, but the developing team are all adults and need to make a living. Pouring all our free time (and even not the free time) into this sort of thing, to get nothing anywhere near what would be logical in return is stupid on our part.   We can't logically keep giving away everything for free if we were to support new devices. (even doing it for whited00r is kind of silly, but we do it for you. ).  No, lite versions of things wouldn't work either. You can't get anything reasonable with a lite version of this sort of thing and still have the incentive to upgrade to the full version and make the right sort of revenue to make this smart for us to keep doing.

As is, we keep supporting 3.1.3 only, and only on the current set of devices :)  Maybe, maybe at some point in the future we will start other projects, if we figure out a good balance.  Not saying we won't ever do that, but not soon that I know of. It took us that long without needing to constantly troubleshoot super-active forums (which they are now seeing we just released an update).  We also need a rest ;) (only human after all, for most of us)

Yes, it mainly focuses on iOS 6 or iOS 5 devices, but the points remain for any other iOS version. Those were just examples of what would have to be done, and why we don't.