Author Topic: best things to make your iphone 3g faster with Redd00r  (Read 14873 times)

Offline victor00100

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
best things to make your iphone 3g faster with Redd00r
« on: July 01, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »
this is a tutorial to make your iphone 3g or other device on redd00r much faster
Use these steps at your own risks, normally eveything works fine because I did and up to now everything works fast and apps are opening faster 

How did I found all these things?
I was trying to make my iphone 3g as fast as possible so I began searching and every little thing I could find I tried so here is the result! :p

step 5 is not realy required because the launch daemons in the list will be deleted by redd00r and the other conditional daemons will be deleted by other apps in the steps after but there are 3 or more daemons that will not be deleted so it is better to keep this step to the end

1) install the the redd00r base firmware from the post in the forum but do not install redd00r yet!

2) connect your device to itunes and configure it as a new device (not from back-up!)

3)after this is done go to cydia (this will take a while ) and if it asks you to upgrade you just upgrade all the things

4)search for OpenSHH and install it here is a picture from a post on another site to show you how to do it on your pc

(5)follow the steps on http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/speed-up-your-iphone-ipod-by-removing-launch-daemons.224341/  and delete all the daemons you do not use and you do not need (the safe daemons are already deleted by daemon tool but I recommend  to delete everything the ones you do not use because all those daemons are slowing down your device!))

6)now go and buy springtomize.

7)go to settings and you will see springtomize at the bottom and disable everything you do not need and this too :

8)now go to settings >mail,contacts,... and turn averything of and change the settings in mail from 50 to 25 and no preview, you can turn off preview in messages too but because I like it I didn't.
You can also change the settings in ipod, Turn off Lyrics & Podcast Info, Sound Check.

9) you can also delete the language packages : Delete.sh - Delete ALL Language Packs EXCEPT English and Japanese (For Emoji). Place in var/mobile (give "0755" permissions) and install using the following command: Login as root ("su", "alpine") then type "./Delete.sh"
LINK:http://www.mediafire.com/?b6j6c655fdj6b41

Delete2.sh - Manually Choose which language packs to delete. Place in var/mobile (give "0755" permissions) Install via Mobile Terminal (login as root) then run the command: "./Delete2.sh"
LINK:http://www.mediafire.com/?f1b36hdmh00qz0k

this is found on this topic: http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=1621.0

10)now you go to cydia and you install redd00r (this is explained in the topic of redd00r)

11)after this go to you are done and it will be very fast ;p ,the nexts steps are optional but I recommend you to do them because it will keep your device fast.

(12)after having done this you better install SBsetting and chose a theme that is not HD and when you see that your phone is running out of ram you just go to the kill tasks and kill the apps you are not using and then press free up memory an if you want to text back to an sms without going to the message app you can install biteSMS.)

12)after doing this you reset your device twice by holding the home button and the on/off button until your screens goes black and the apple logo appears again.

after doing this your device will be much faster

this was made by victor00100 and I hope this worked for you if you have any questions do not forget to ask me but I will not respond from the 3th july to the 27 august because I am on vacation.
[/size]I needed much time to find this so please do not copy without putting my name under it ;)

http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=15021
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:30:00 PM by victor00100 »

Offline Joćo

• Representing
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: EVERYTHING possible to make your iphone 3g faster with Redd00r
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
NICE :D
iPhone 3G   - whited00r 6.0
iPhone 3GS - iOS 6.1.2 (jailbroken with evasi0n)

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:04:07 PM »
your tutorial is very nice besides the fact of sbsettings if you want to kill out processes just delete them out of multitasking and when you free up memory it takes 10 mb of RAM to use free up memory not very efficient and from my experience if you leave sbsettings of its a whole lot faster other than the sbsettings part though its a very nice tutorial. and there is always vm mods but you need sbsettings and its not as fast as people think ;) this will help many people on speeding up there iDevices nice work bro. (two thumbs up)

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
EVERYTHING possible to make your iphone 3g faster with Redd00r
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:22:52 PM »
Redd00r includes daemon tool already

Offline aimout21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »
your tutorial is very nice besides the fact of sbsettings if you want to kill out processes just delete them out of multitasking and when you free up memory it takes 10 mb of RAM to use free up memory not very efficient and from my experience if you leave sbsettings of its a whole lot faster other than the sbsettings part though its a very nice tutorial. and there is always vm mods but you need sbsettings and its not as fast as people think ;) this will help many people on speeding up there iDevices nice work bro. (two thumbs up)

Honestly, for me I believe SB settings does more bad than good.

Offline IGamer77z7

• Zen
  • Robotics and iOS
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »
This is far from EVERYTHING
Think Different
Zen is the way

Offline aimout21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »

Doesn't this promote cracked items ?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:44:01 PM by finkmac »

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
Could you make a tutorial for ipt2g cause i have your GPU/CPU acceleration file installed (made a few change to my liking) and i know you said something about you optimized your iDevice to get like 65 mb of RAM and honestly i took off the VM mod it was killing me it said i had all this RAM but i was never able to open up anything. and give him some credit he did cover a few of the basics.

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »

Doesn't this promote cracked items ?

1. Snip long quotes, please.
2. Report cracked items, please.
Banana

Offline victor00100

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 06:01:40 AM »
i said everything because up to now it everything I could find and I found usefull but I changed the title already so...

Offline victor00100

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 06:11:48 AM »
Redd00r includes daemon tool already
Ok I didn't know that sow I will delete it from the tutorial

Offline victor00100

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 06:22:31 AM »
I installed it because sometimes when you close safari in multitasking it stays open in sbsettings and takes ram and for vmmods I tried it but it did not helped anything
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:19:08 AM by victor00100 »

Offline Super_Hussain

• iPwned my iPhwn!!
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: best things to make your iphone 3g faster with Redd00r
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »
Great tutorial man!! It's really amazing!

Offline e1sunz

• View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Other OS
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »
I believe you missed out deleting langpacks and retina images doing these hrlps alot by increasing ram, space and deleting langpacks makes apps especially games wayy smoother but since when you install more apps more langpack and retina get in the idevice so you should delete these once every month weeks atleast a good cydia tweak for this is syscleanpro

Offline victor00100

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »
I believe you missed out deleting langpacks and retina images doing these hrlps alot by increasing ram, space and deleting langpacks makes apps especially games wayy smoother but since when you install more apps more langpack and retina get in the idevice so you should delete these once every month weeks atleast a good cydia tweak for this is syscleanpro
the retina images are deleted by redd00r and I will add it the language packs in the steps ;p