Author Topic: iPhone2G on 3.1.3 to Whited00r 5.2  (Read 3515 times)

Offline protoscherge

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
iPhone2G on 3.1.3 to Whited00r 5.2
« on: July 04, 2012, 06:14:58 PM »
so hi again,

got my 2G to DFU Mode and "restore" it with iTunes (shift+click) to WD5.2 works fine and all is okay.

2G boots i setup wireless - go to cydia first time have to select what kinda user i am select USER.
Cydia updates the standart resources... then Error some packets not properly installed i got "force empty it(unsafe)" or "leave it(temporary)"

- what should i do and more important what went wrong ???
- if im not wrong its the UltraSnow Package cause it says compatible with Iphone4 and 3G and so on but not mine 2G...?!
- when i remove it cydia works a bit trys to remove it but some errors i donno atm with 255 and so shows up after that i have to reboot springboard
- the circle starts running .... and never stops.... -.- thats the moment i stuck

still running now for i think 2 hrs... -.- okay what can i do ?

Offline ehabalmoez

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone2G on 3.1.3 to Whited00r 5.2
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »
so hi again,

got my 2G to DFU Mode and "restore" it with iTunes (shift+click) to WD5.2 works fine and all is okay.

2G boots i setup wireless - go to cydia first time have to select what kinda user i am select USER.
Cydia updates the standart resources... then Error some packets not properly installed i got "force empty it(unsafe)" or "leave it(temporary)"

- what should i do and more important what went wrong ???
- if im not wrong its the UltraSnow Package cause it says compatible with Iphone4 and 3G and so on but not mine 2G...?!
- when i remove it cydia works a bit trys to remove it but some errors i donno atm with 255 and so shows up after that i have to reboot springboard
- the circle starts running .... and never stops.... -.- thats the moment i stuck

still running now for i think 2 hrs... -.- okay what can i do ?

its correct ultrasn0w is not for iphone 2g and you should remove it normaly

but if the iphone wont boot , then you have to restore

because maybe some thing went wrong when you were trying to uninstall ???

Ehab

Offline protoscherge

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 01:25:45 PM »
but with "restore" i think u mean reinstall whited00r ?

it stucks just in restart springboard...
i can do power and home and just boot it new... then everything works fine... but why did they add ultrasn0w in whited00r 5.2 for 2G ??? o.O

Offline ehabalmoez

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »
but with "restore" i think u mean reinstall whited00r ?

it stucks just in restart springboard...
i can do power and home and just boot it new... then everything works fine... but why did they add ultrasn0w in whited00r 5.2 for 2G ??? o.O

maybe by mistake ????

Offline cm0n3y34

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 03:00:49 AM »
I have the same issue, but the package seems to cause some issues when I uninstall it. On top of the respring glitch (which makes it so Cydia can't respring ever, though I can go around that with the respring in the Settings app,) the uninstall sometimes fails for some strange reason. After a restore it SOMETIMES will uninstall.
The problem is it may be causing a "dependency hell" somehow, or maybe just breaks something else when it's uninstalled. When I uninstalled it the first time about 20 packages became broken, and I just restored. The second time, it seemed to work at first but over a couple weeks became unstable to the point of respringing on something as simple as taking a picture. (with the same set of packages I had on WD 4, all were up to date and working before the update to WD5)

I restored to the latest WD, 5.2.1, and the Cydia respring glitch still happens and the package UltraSn0w is still installed by default for iPhone 2G, when it is NOT compatible. My phone seems normal enough, for now. But I will be keeping a close eye on things as I install everything.

Offline epicosjailbreaker

• iPhone 3G Whited00r 5.2.1 Unlocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
It's a problem with the Whited00r firmware I'm pretty sure. Maybe it's installed by default because of a confusion between an iPhone 3G and a 2G?