Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 1671 times)

Offline meggles

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »
Alright so I have
  • -an Iphone 2g running on 3.1.3 firmware, jailbroken with redsn0w (it has the old version of cydia that needs to be updated to 1.1.x)
  • -Also, I have my at&t sim card in it, with no data plan (the reason why I jailbroke it in the first place). I don't think i'd be able to activate my phone through Itunes
  • -random apps on my iphone, but nothing from cydia
So i have a few questions and i'm grateful for any answers :D and sorry if I have really dumb questions :)

1: Would I need to restore my iphone through itunes before installing whited00r?
2: Will I be able to sync my phone to get my old apps, music, ect in Itunes after I install whited00r?
3: If I use the unlocked version will my At&t sim card still work after I install whited00r? or should I just use the normal version?
4: Afterwords, I'll still be able to download/buy apps from the app store that are compatible with 3.1.3 right?

Thanks again :) I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:30:41 AM by meggles »

Offline ehabalmoez

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »
Alright so I have
  • -an Iphone 2g running on 3.1.3 firmware, jailbroken with redsn0w (it has the old version of cydia that needs to be updated to 1.1.x)
  • -Also, I have my at&t sim card in it, with no data plan (the reason why I jailbroke it in the first place). I don't think i'd be able to activate my phone through Itunes
  • -random apps on my iphone, but nothing from cydia
So i have a few questions and i'm grateful for any answers :D and sorry if I have really dumb questions :)

1: Would I need to restore my iphone through itunes before installing whited00r?
2: Will I be able to sync my phone to get my old apps, music, ect in Itunes after I install whited00r?
3: If I use the unlocked version will my At&t sim card still work after I install whited00r? or should I just use the normal version?
4: Afterwords, I'll still be able to download/buy apps from the app store that are compatible with 3.1.3 right?

Thanks again :) I really appreciate it!

1) no , just use iReb to get into DFU mod and then shift+restore to whited00r from itunes

2) yes you can

3) yes it will work if you installed (unlocker , unlocked) whited00r. but if you installed normal it will need to activate from itunes

4) yes you can, and there is an app in the app market called 3Store it has most of the apps that works for IOS 3.1.3

Ehab

Offline meggles

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
Thank you so much it worked out great  ;D