Author Topic: Whited00r 5.2.1 - FAQ & Installation Tutorial  (Read 56570 times)

Offline jodtee

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Is there anyone who could me help at least wth two of my four questions?

Thanx

1. I have a 3G running 4.2.1, Whitd00r uses 3.1.3 (?); so can I install whited00r, or is that an impossible downgrade?

4. If I decide to do whited00r and I have an unlock (and therfore an unlockable BB) do I need to do the unlock again? I thought when the BB will not be changed, teh unlock will still be there.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: whited00r 6 iPhone 3G Install Questions Unlocked
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 11:18:16 PM »
Is there anyone who could me help at least wth two of my four questions?

Thanx

1. I have a 3G running 4.2.1, Whitd00r uses 3.1.3 (?); so can I install whited00r, or is that an impossible downgrade?

4. If I decide to do whited00r and I have an unlock (and therfore an unlockable BB) do I need to do the unlock again? I thought when the BB will not be changed, teh unlock will still be there.

1- Yes. I had an unlocked & jailbroken dog-slow iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 3G and installed whited00r 6 Unlocked version on top of it without any problems. I'm glad I did.

4- Correct. The Baseband will not be changed. Just make sure you install the whited00r 6 Unlocked version and your iPhone 3G will stay unlocked and also be jailbroken.

whited00r Tutorial - Installation

whited00r Tutorial - Solve Installation Errors

whited00r Tutorial - Post Installation Includes setup tool info for enabling/disabling whited00r features.

[Solved] whited00r 6 Unlocked Push Notifications Quick Fix

Sticky thread #1 in this forum: Whited00r 6 troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING

whited00r Tutorial - Set up an Exchange Account with Gmail if offline see this post: [Solved] Whited00r 6 3g tethering Option + Google Sync Setup

You will not need this but may be useful to other users: whited00r Tutorial - Carrier Unlock for iPhone 3G & Baseband

Lookie here to find thousands of free iOS 3.x or iOS 3.1.3 compatible apps: [Tutorial] whited00r 6 How-To Find iOS 3.1.3 Compatible Apps - iTunes iOS Filter 3.x

Offline anjoyz

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported

This iPhone is not currently setup to work with carrier you're attempting to use. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked...

after i backup my iphone and installed the whitedoor6 my iphone3g dont recognize my sim card carrier anymore..:( please help me, i can't afford to buy a new iphone.:(please.. i am looking forward to all who will help me,..thank you.:(

Offline anjoyz

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
PLEASE I REALLY NEED TO FIX MY PHONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:(
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
its ok for me even if i will not upgraade my phone..what important is that i can use my phone on texting or calling...:( i appreciate if anyone can help me regarding to my problem:( im so upset right now.i followed all the instruction on how to install the whited00r6, but it only got worse:(

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: SIM card Not Supported iPhone 3G
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »
The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported

This iPhone is not currently setup to work with carrier you're attempting to use. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked...

after i backup my iphone and installed the whitedoor6 my iphone3g dont recognize my sim card carrier anymore..:( please help me, i can't afford to buy a new iphone.:(please.. i am looking forward to all who will help me,..thank you.:(

You probably installed by mistake the Normal version. Use the whited00r 6 Unlocked version and remove the SIM before doing it and reboot the iPhone twice before making any mods (not respring) and without SIM).

Or: whited00r Tutorial - Carrier Unlock for iPhone 3G & Baseband

I just connected my iPhone 3G to my PC without iTunes, started the standalone (means no install required) f0recast and it gave me all the essential infos like Baseband and Bootloader about the phone:

Download the free f0recast as well as iReb here: http://ih8sn0w.com/

Offline anjoyz

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: simcard not recognize on iphone3g
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »
i already installed the forecast just like what you said..but i dont know what to do next.please guide me on how to use this and unlocked my phone3g carrier..thank you.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:21:32 PM by anjoyz »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: whited00r simcard not recognized on iphone3g
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 04:52:03 PM »
i already installed the forecast just like what you said..but i dont know what to do next.please guide me on how to use this and unlocked my phone3g carrier..thank you.

f0rcast (with a zero: 0, not an O) gives you important info: your baseband, your bootloader version, your current installed iOS as well as telling you if it's jailbreakable & unlockable. You have to post this info as well as specify your device model if you want help but after reading and trying this first:

Go here: whited00r Tutorial - Installation and try to install whited00r Unlocked version.

Problems? iTunes errors? whited00r Tutorial - Solve Installation Errors

Need to unlock the iPhone before installing whited00r? whited00r Tutorial - Carrier Unlock for iPhone 3G & Baseband

Still have problems after all that? Post in the Troubleshooting Forum instead of in this Tutorial forum and use these tips if you MUST start a new thread: WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!