Author Topic: Free Virtual Server Hosting for Amateur Developers  (Read 9739 times)

Offline xdragonforce

• Jony Ive in Training
  • Global Moderator
  • Design is Life
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Core Design
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Free Virtual Server Hosting for Amateur Developers
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »
Indigo Developer Hosting

I see a lot of great apps on this forum, but the main problem is that they use things like 4shared, 000webhost and other cheapo hosting services. These are, from experience, terrible and prone to a lot of downtime.

For that reason, I'm setting up a server dedicated to developers hosting their apps, on my infrastructure.

If you need to host your website, a Cydia Repo, or just a beta key that voids every weekend, then this is a perfect solution.

The Features include:

• Unlimited Bandwidth
  • Flexible disk quota
  • (Almost) Always Online
  • SSH and SFTP
  • Your own Domain*
  • Protected with Cloudflare - Optional

To apply for hosting, please PM or email me with how you are going to use it. A basic knowledge of FTP is required, for more advanced features, knowledge of SSH is required.

FAQ

What do I need to apply?
Just show me your apps. Give me a brief outline of what you contribute to the iOS community and If I approve, then you are good to go and I will set up your hosting.

Can I access the shell?
Yes, If you would like shell access, just log into the server with an SSH client using your username and password.

How fast is the uplink on the server?
12MBps theoretically, but realistically usually around 2-3 MBps.

Can I use my own domain?
Of course, contact me with the domain and I will link it up server-side. Just add the IP of the server to your sites DNS entry to complete access.

I want hosting, but I want it for my Hobby/Fan Club Site
No.

DONATIONS

It's free for you to use this service, but not for me to run it!

If you can spare any cash, or bitcoins, send them to me to ensure continuation of this service!

Bitcoins: 1PyBKKUeQcGurgUx5iSJB59AVSqP4tsty4

Paypal: Donate

If you have no money, then even a follow on Twitter @lordpankake Is appreciated.

Cheers,

-Xdragonforce
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:01:17 PM by Andy »

Offline erictwendell

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Free Virtual Server Hosting for Amateur Developers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:13:16 AM »
How you are setting free server to host applications and websites by the way? Actually I have seen number of IT companies which charge good money if we ask them to host a website or a app.

Offline Andy

• A Mod. I think.
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r 7
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: Free Virtual Server Hosting for Amateur Developers
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »
How you are setting free server to host applications and websites by the way? Actually I have seen number of IT companies which charge good money if we ask them to host a website or a app.

He simply has his own server and adds sub-domains to those who qualify for it ;)
Oh yes. Hi.
I see you've noticed this Signature. Well, all I can tell you is that there's nothing to see here.
Yes, there is nothing interesting here. Just keep scrolling and we'll pretend nothing happened.