Author Topic: Help with Wi-Fi  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Danny123

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Help with Wi-Fi
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
I have been having trouble with my WiFi. I have asked numerous people and no one tends to know whats the problem. One Whited00r admin had told me to go into terminal but i do not understand that process. Could anyone explain this to me. The WiFi hardly picks up my or any connection. But when it does and i put it the correct web it says "Unable to Join". This problem many people are having. If one person can figure this out it will make many users happy. I am on a iphone 2g with  the latest whited00r firmware.

Thanks

Offline xdragonforce

• Jony Ive in Training
  • Global Moderator
  • Design is Life
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Core Design
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: Help with Wi-Fi
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 04:10:37 PM »
Can you connect to any other networks, other than the one you are trying? If so, it may be a router issue.

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Wi-Fi
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »
I have been having trouble with my WiFi. I have asked numerous people and no one tends to know whats the problem. One Whited00r admin had told me to go into terminal but i do not understand that process. Could anyone explain this to me. The WiFi hardly picks up my or any connection. But when it does and i put it the correct web it says "Unable to Join". This problem many people are having. If one person can figure this out it will make many users happy. I am on a iphone 2g with  the latest whited00r firmware.

Thanks
I too suffer from this problem so your not alone
Your problem have been posted many times and there have not been a successful solution as of yet, but some people found the solution by flashing there basebands becosue it might of gotten corrupted during the restoring process, there was a post about it, al post it here when I find it :)

Here http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=4935.msg61304#msg61304
I fixed it by playing bootneuter (3.9 > < 4.9 back and forth) but it took great amount of time... it's not hardware, confirmed. Said by a user in that trend.

And can you explain what happens does it find networks? Or does it not find any, and when it does find it wont connect plus the WIFI network Name/SSID disappear?

And for the network that it does find, if you removed password on it will it connect and disconnect right away? If you could try removing the WEP/WPA password on the router and see if it connects or not and let me know if you could ok :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:14:28 AM by lyndel4 »
Using Whited00r 5.1.2 on my EPIC iphone 2G