Author Topic: Iphone 3G - fast AND stable?  (Read 3870 times)

Offline easecon

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Iphone 3G - fast AND stable?
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »
Aloah everyone :)

I just got my first IPhone (3G) and i try to get it running quick and stable. (atm with 4.2.1)

I'm not sure if i should jailbreak my IPhone as its said to make it even slower so my questions are:

1. Does whited00r make it possible to disable mobile data? (That missing + uncompatible apps would be the major drawback for me)

2. Is there a fast and stable version of Redd00r available? (I just dont want to spend to much time with setting up my IPhone)

3. While jailbreaking seems to make the IPhone slower, is it possible to speed it up again with tweaks and hints shown for example here http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=3277.0? So that, in the end, it's again as fast as 4.2.1 without jailbreak?

4. I've had an error before which came again and again (SpringBoard error), to prevent that in future, i was wondering if there is a source where i can download only apps compatible with 4.2.1

I'd really appreciate some help, my head's smoking right now from all that stuff @[email protected] :)

Offline e1sunz

• View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Other OS
Re: Iphone 3G - fast AND stable?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
Dunno about 1
2. The one available now is fast and stable no need to worry about that, a new update is coming soon i think
3. That's just an old myth actually when jailbroken you can make it much much faster than the stock laggy 4.2.1 by simple stuff like removing, deamons, langpack etc increase ram, battery and speed, there are many more speedup methods read the speed up guides etc.
4. Not sure what you mean :/

Offline xdragonforce

• Jony Ive in Training
  • Global Moderator
  • Design is Life
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Core Design
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »
Aloah everyone :)

I just got my first IPhone (3G) and i try to get it running quick and stable. (atm with 4.2.1)

I'm not sure if i should jailbreak my IPhone as its said to make it even slower so my questions are:

1. Does whited00r make it possible to disable mobile data? (That missing + uncompatible apps would be the major drawback for me)

2. Is there a fast and stable version of Redd00r available? (I just dont want to spend to much time with setting up my IPhone)

3. While jailbreaking seems to make the IPhone slower, is it possible to speed it up again with tweaks and hints shown for example here http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=3277.0? So that, in the end, it's again as fast as 4.2.1 without jailbreak?

4. I've had an error before which came again and again (SpringBoard error), to prevent that in future, i was wondering if there is a source where i can download only apps compatible with 4.2.1

I'd really appreciate some help, my head's smoking right now from all that stuff @[email protected] :)

4. Yep, if you read the posts, you'd know that this has been in development for a while.

Offline easecon

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
Thanks alot you both for your reply :]

Thats awesome, well then i'll try to set up everything :)

To Point 4
First: I meant a Source for Cydia or Install0us in which you can find ONLY apps running on 4.2.1 so you dont have to try everything out.
And: Could you name me the source/project/thread or give any further information so i can find it? I'm sorry but i just cant find anything...

Offline applepie

• Redd00r Developer
  • Developer
  • SuperHero Member
  • Dormant Beast
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Iphone 3G - fast AND stable?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
Features OR speed and stability, but not both

Offline e1sunz

• View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Other OS
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »
Thanks alot you both for your reply :]

Thats awesome, well then i'll try to set up everything :)

To Point 4
First: I meant a Source for Cydia or Install0us in which you can find ONLY apps running on 4.2.1 so you dont have to try everything out.
And: Could you name me the source/project/thread or give any further information so i can find it? I'm sorry but i just cant find anything...
There is an app in the working like installous only for 4.2.1 apps you would find it in the dev threads don't know how you missed it lol here:
http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=5997.0