Author Topic: so sad... help with app market or fix  (Read 2601 times)

Offline senorsmith

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
so sad... help with app market or fix
« on: September 18, 2012, 03:09:15 AM »
I have an Ipod touch 2g jailbroken and I was excited when I saw a video for Whited00r online the other day, since they said that it gets old idevices up to the newer version. since 2g stops at 4.2.1 and I wanted to get to atleast 4.3, I figured this would be  the best soultion. I followed the video instructions and did it. Its been a while since i had done any modifications to my ipod, i had forgotten that this kind of method wipes your ipod. also it wasnt until i finally finished the update, did I see online that its actually 3.1.3 with some of the iOS5 stuff tweaked and put on it.

To make matters worse, for some reason the app market does not work, it just goes black for a bit and sends me back to the springboard. I dont want to come off as complaining too much, and its somewhat my fault as well for not looking further into whited00r. but since I did this its felt like a massive dissappointment to me... so there are a few things i would like to ask about.
1. If I wish to continue using whited00r, how can I fix the app market? I cant do the redd00r as app market does not work.

2. can i update and jailbreak my ipod 2g to 4.3 somehow? or is 4.2.1 the max, either way, how can I do it?

3. doing the restore to whited00r, has this changed my UDID, if so, is there a way to change it back to my old one?

sorry for all the questions, appreciate any help that can be offered.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: so sad... help with app market or fix
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »
1. I think there is an update coming out for both, so wait and see :)
2. 4.2.1 is the highest you can go, period.
3. Nothing changes your udid. There are Cydia apps to spoof it, but you can't change it. "Unique Device ID" ;)

Offline senorsmith

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »
thank you so much for the quick reply. I wasnt sure if the UDID was program related or hardware related .

I read that redd00r enables iOS4 apps, does that mean any app up until iOS 5? so like 4.2 and 4.3 apps will work?
again, Ill have to wait till something happens that will let me access cydia. is there a way to put cydia onto the spring board, so i wont have to use app market to access it?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
I think if you enable spotlight and check apps under the settings for it, you can search Cydia, or remove the <hidden> from the sbapptags in the info.plist.
As for redd00r, still only goes up to 4.2.1.  There is no way (well, there's always a way. Just it's so hard and we can't do it ;) trust me, we tried) to get a higher firmware or make apps made for higher firmwares work on lower ones.

Offline senorsmith

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »
Again, thank you for the assistance!
 That sucks about the app I wanted. Its a game called legend of the cryptids. I had it on my ipod before, when suddenly around last week, cant remember why, but i suddenly could no longer open it, so I figured I'd delete and reinstall, only to find its been limited to 4.3 and up....really pissed me off. It would be nice if there was a way I could access my account again to get my stuff off. all I know is that it uses the UDID, so I dunno how to work that out. i read something about a cydia thing that lets you have multiples of the same app, but I dont know the name. any chance someone can help me find a loop hole into getting back into the game? I have a 3g ipod as well so i can use that.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 06:04:21 PM »
I would say install install0s, and then look for a compatible version of it. (yeah, *technically* illegal, even though you had it before, but the only way to get it).  Unless.... you have an older version on your computer.