Author Topic: Archetype -- Custom firmware package for every iOS*  (Read 100175 times)

December 03, 2012, 01:46:53 AM
Read 100175 times

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux

Originally called D00r

*Not compatible with whited00r 7 or iOS 7! You should use that anyway, it's much more featured pretty much ;)
Also not compatible with the newer devices that use the A5 chip. So nothing above the iPhone 5 (or maybe 4S really).

What is this? This is a project I have spent the past couple months or so working hard on to get to a stable enough point for a public release (still in beta though).
This aims to provide the basic features that whited00r/redd00r would, as well as extra features and speed improvements. Really trying to add in my own twists to it now, to further it from anything else. It is compatible with every firmware, so I will be adding in more stuff all the time for different firmwares, as well as bug fixes along the way.

Features
Folders
For your 3.1.3 device, folders are a great addition to any homescreen.

Multitasking
This is enabled when using d00r, for any device that doesn't already support it by default.

Wallpapers
Spice up your homescreen with wallpapers! :D

Ad blocker
Because really, I don't know anyone that truly thinks, "I want to look at an ad for a couple more minutes...".

Optional optimized iOS6 theme
Put your device on a diet! This theme is optional to be downloaded from my repo. It includes every stock iOS image crushed and then optimized, to get image size down considerably, hopefully reducing processing power needed to display them. This might even result in faster animations and usage of your device.  please note that this takes a bloody long time to apply, as it is every image on the device ;)

iOS6 theme
Get that iOS6 look on your decrepit old device, to at least feel young again. Sort of like Botox, without the bad side effects (like melting D: )
more images will be added :)

Theme engine
Oh look, I was nice enough to put in a cannibalized (I can never spell that word right -__-) version of Regenerate for your usage, for free!  Aren't I nice? ;) No more need for WinterBoard in most cases :) big speed boost there for you :)

UIIMage themer --- big thanks to bensge for this! :D
Oh yes, thanks to the sheer brilliance of a developer called "bensge", you can now theme UIImages without WinterBoard! This means you have complete theming capabilities when using D00r :) currently only not compatible with 3.x, but this is being looked into

Firmware faker
Yeah yeah yeah... A firmware faker -__- I put it in because some people might like it. It can't actually let you run apps not designed for your system!

GUI Configurator
Tired of typing "y" and "n" into the terminal window? Well, I fixed that for you. Now you can simply open up your settings app and enable/disable features on your device. This Configurator has many more options than any has before it (such as whited00r and redd00r), as well as better code behind it.
OTA updates
Skip Cydia completely! This will help you keep Archetype up to date :) Also on top of the default Ch40s-Utilities ota tool, I have made an addon just for Archetype. This will alert you when a new update is available and prompt you to either download it or cancel (the latter of which will put a badge on the settings app just like iOS5+) (the addon can be disabled via the Configurator)

Optimizer script
Trying to make the most of your device. This is code all done by me, designed to try and speed up your device and clean up space on it.  I will keep adding more and more to this in hopes to speed up the device even more :)

iOS6 settings layout
For the most part anyway :P This will give you something close to the iOS6 layout of the settings app.

DoNotDisturb
Ever needed a break from notifications? Well, just flip this switch, and watch as the world ends.... Wait, no, it will just disable notifications. Not end the world. Heh... heh...

Video buffer fix
Well, sort of. You can enable this in the Configurator. It will set the default resolution for videos lower than normal, thus hopefully speeding up the loading time of them. Youtube never looked so blocky! :D

D00rCloud
YAY BACKUP/RESTORE SYSTEM I MADE ALL BY MAHSELF :D 
Many thanks to realblack7's iCloud, of which I used to learn tar commands and the locations of the files needed :)

Cleaner tool
WIP tool for cleaning up the system automatically (you can turn this off though in the configurator). You can run it manually under Archetype -> Cleaner (configuring options are there too)

Did I mention this was compatible with every firmware? :P

To-Do
-Make custom backup script, sort of like iCloud I guess. App data, photos, notes, contacts, all those sort of things.
-More fixes for different firmwares, and new features.
-Font swapper for the note app
-Custom UI, already working on it slowly (I have almost no artistic/design skills ;P)
-MOAR THINGS

Please keep in mind this is still beta, and there are bound to be some issues, but I am working constantly to fix these issues, and add new features :)

Make sure you have the latest Ch40s-Utilities from my repo, some of the Configurator options won't work until you enable everything from the old configurator script from whited00r. I would NOT advise running this with redd00r...

This does work on whited00r 6 :)

Installation
-Download SBUtils for 3.1.3 and install it however you may want to, using iFile or iTools or otherwise. This isn't a thread about installing .debs, or even a package for newbies.
-Add the repo below and install Archetype from it.

4.x
-Add in the repo below and install Archetype from it.
-If it crashes Cydia during install, do not reboot or anything. Open cydia up right away and let it it sit for about 10+ minutes as it finishes the install. It very well may be a black screen. You will know it is doing something because the app hasn't crashed again. Answer any popups it may show, and when it either closes or shows the return the cydia button tap that and then reboot.
-iPod touch 2G will have issues with enabling multitasking due to a key for open-gles2.0 not being written to a file. It will cause repsringing on changing apps.

5.x+
-Add the repo below and install Archetype from it.
-After it finishes installing, hold the home/power buttons down at the same time until the device shuts off.
-Hold the up volume key at the same time as pressing the power button when the device is off. Let go of only the power button but keep holding the up volume button until the device turns on. It will be in a safemode of sorts that doesn't actually say it on the status bar. Do not worry about that ;)
-Using iTools or iFile or similar navigate to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and delete UIImage.dylib and then reboot the device. Reboot not respring otherwise you WILL STILL BE IN SAFEMODE.
-You should be good to go from there, although if you do OTA update before this post is updated with the next major version you will need to remove that file again.

Repo:
http://brianswaffles.tk  mmmmm... waffles <3  ;D

Backup repo URL:This is the same as the one above, as in, the one above directs to this one. They are the same repo :P One is just harder to remember ;)  If the one above doesn't work, try the one below.
http://bcooperizcool.indigo.dragon-dev.co.uk/waffles
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:57:00 PM by Bruan »
Trouble? Check this link:
Whited00r 7 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING. Chances are it's answered there ;)
Don't know how to use something? Check here:
Whited00r 7 Introduction - What's new and how to use WD7

August 01, 2013, 07:31:14 PM
Reply #1

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Split the thread, for the old stuff please look here:
Archetype thread OLD.
Don't post there, it is just for preservation purposes.

If you do have an issue, please post here, but make sure to include information that will help such as device, firmware, configurator settings, and any tweaks or file system mods you may have done or installed.

Also read the first post!  It has the common issues, and how to fix them. Please do not post if you have not read it, or if you are asking something that is described in the first post! ;)
Whited00r 7 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING. Chances are it's answered there ;)

August 01, 2013, 07:59:05 PM
Reply #2

PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Nice work Brian!

Reserved for Future use & edits.  ;)

August 07, 2013, 11:49:47 AM
Reply #3

JcmpXD

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r ROCKS!!!!!
    • View Profile
so i only add the source, install archetype and reboot my device? ios 4.2.1 thanks :)
sorry for pushing up this Post :s

August 07, 2013, 03:33:28 PM
Reply #4

revivaldev

• Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Shell&objective-c developer
    • View Profile
    • My Cydia source
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Haven't read the whole post ?
Yes add the source and install it, also read the workaround in case something goes wrong.
Soutient en Francais ici

Resurrection is a universal custom firmware, compatible with any iOS devices.

August 07, 2013, 06:13:38 PM
Reply #5

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
yes i have read all post but my english isnt very good so i posted that.

Basically, read the stuff under the red installation because that has the workarounds for the bugs :)

August 12, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
Reply #6

JcmpXD

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r ROCKS!!!!!
    • View Profile
So i am using Archetype for a week and i can say its very good, i did not found bugs \o/ multitask is like ios 6 its wonderfull

August 14, 2013, 05:50:54 PM
Reply #7

solste

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
So I did everything on my Ipod touch 2G, IOS 4.2.1 but when installing I get the message "impossible" because of dependants and conflict impossible to detect. A TTT please doctor?
 :o

August 14, 2013, 06:18:22 PM
Reply #8

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
So I did everything on my Ipod touch 2G, IOS 4.2.1 but when installing I get the message "impossible" because of dependants and conflict impossible to detect. A TTT please doctor?
 :o

What dependencies did it need?

August 14, 2013, 06:54:07 PM
Reply #9

solste

• Information Offline
    • View Profile

The note (in french) says "Requested modificationscan't be applied because of dependancies or conflict impossible to identified automatically"
Depends: Mobile substrate

Kezaco? :-[

August 14, 2013, 07:09:48 PM
Reply #10

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Do you have the redd00r repo or repod00r in Cydia?  If so, remove them.

August 14, 2013, 09:09:57 PM
Reply #11

solste

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
Yes I had it, just deleted it and tried again... ::)
and it works!!

thank you.
 :D

August 14, 2013, 11:08:58 PM
Reply #12

JcmpXD

• Information Offline
  • Whited00r ROCKS!!!!!
    • View Profile
bcooperizcool
I tested Archetype for 1 week i guess, ihave to say that is good, i cant say its bad xDD
it needs to be more faster like whited00r 6 but that will be hard to make because of the IOS 4.2.1, i think you guys should put the Multitasking of Archetype on Whited00r 6, i am back to whited00r 6.
Just saying keep the good work, i thing you should disable the spotlite search on archetype it makes him slow, for that i installed one deb, NoSpot, cant remember the repo sry.
so i guess its all

August 15, 2013, 06:23:08 PM
Reply #13

Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Information Offline
  • SuperHero Member
  • Administrator
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
bcooperizcool
I tested Archetype for 1 week i guess, ihave to say that is good, i cant say its bad xDD
it needs to be more faster like whited00r 6 but that will be hard to make because of the IOS 4.2.1, i think you guys should put the Multitasking of Archetype on Whited00r 6, i am back to whited00r 6.
Just saying keep the good work, i thing you should disable the spotlite search on archetype it makes him slow, for that i installed one deb, NoSpot, cant remember the repo sry.
so i guess its all

Well glad to hear you like it :)
I know it needs more work on 4.2.1, but you can really only speed that up so much :(
Multitasking was in whited00r, but it isn't anymore. :(
Spotlight isn't loaded so it can't search if you disable it in Archetype, it just still shows the page.  Using a substrate to disable it will slow you down too ;)

August 16, 2013, 12:01:38 PM
Reply #14

soopy

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
I've just installed Archetype in my Ipod Touch 2g, but it doens't work correctly.
After the welcome message, it stucks in the second screen, when it says: archetype, theme engine, configurator, etc. I can't press next bottom.
What can I do?