Author Topic: Find my iPhone and Whited00r 5.1 --> Not finding!!!  (Read 5165 times)

Offline Strotfit

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Find my iPhone and Whited00r 5.1 --> Not finding!!!
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »
Hi to all,

First of all congratulations to withed00r team and people supporting this forum, it's amazing how my old 3G flies with this custom firm, many thanks!!!

But I can't find my iPhone, I supose that my migration with mi iPad to iCloud has cancelled my MobileMe account, then it's impossible to configure the email account needed for iOS 3.1.3 to enable find my iPhone feature. Curiously the App is working perfectly, I am able to find my iPad from the whited00r 5.1 iPhone 3G.

Is there any possibility to enable detection without setting up mobileme account?

Thanks in advance,

Strotfit

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Find my iPhone --> Not Finding Devices w/ IOS Lower than 5
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »
Say thank you to Apple for their Planned Obsolescence technique to push sales of new products.

From Apple "support": http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3376

The Find My iPhone app requires iOS 3.1.3 or later (the device you are trying to find needs to have iOS 5 or later).

Since the iPhone 3G's hardware does not support anything above IOS 4.2.1 (dog-slow) and Whited00r is based on the speedier IOS 3.1.3 that means that Apple graciously removed that feature on older devices.

And that's why you can still find your iPad using the 3G until Apple decides to remove that function too...   >:(

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Find my iPhone and Whited00r 5.1 --> Not finding!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »
well summed up answer :D
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------