Author Topic: Whited00r 5.2 - History changelog  (Read 10804 times)

Offline apple 3g

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r 5.2 - History changelog
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:38 PM »
I installed WD 5.2 last night and it's very fast ( faster than WD 5.1 ) and here are the new things that I found
1) new App Market. It has ( Cydia. AppStore. 3Store. Icloud from 5.1 )
2) new things in camera app.
3) Overclock that can run from terminal
P.S : I don't know what dose it do but I think it's for speeding up the iPhone. 
4) working newsstand app ( that runs the fourm and the blog )
5) no more Video app in springboard
( it can be run from camera app )

That is all what I found so far. When I see any thing else i will tell you.

 Ehab
how it is faster than 5.1 . does it open the apps faster ? it is  better battery life ?

Just try it and you will see how fast is it
And it's overclocked 
Aha ok not so good battery on 5.2 then ?? So  i stay on 5.1 if the battery time is a bit more bad than 5.1

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
I installed WD 5.2 last night and it's very fast ( faster than WD 5.1 ) and here are the new things that I found

 Ehab
how it is faster than 5.1 . does it open the apps faster ? it is  better battery life ?

And it's overclocked 
Aha ok not so good battery on 5.2 then ?? So  i stay on 5.1 if the battery time is a bit more bad than 5.1

wat
Banana

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 

wat
I think he means he wont use it becosue its overclocked by default which is also a reason why I wont use it myself am not a fan of overclocking firmwares if there is a choice during the setup process to choose activate overclock or not then I am sure we would use WD 5.2 becosue less battery drain and that's one thing am suffering with already and would hate for it to get worst thanks to overclocking.
Using Whited00r 5.1.2 on my EPIC iphone 2G

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 

wat
I think he means he wont use it becosue its overclocked by default which is also a reason why I wont use it myself am not a fan of overclocking firmwares if there is a choice during the setup process to choose activate overclock or not then I am sure we would use WD 5.2 becosue less battery drain and that's one thing am suffering with already and would hate for it to get worst thanks to overclocking.

Is it overclocked? Seriously? WTF Don't use it, thenů
Banana

Offline ehabalmoez

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 

wat

YOU ARE THE ONE HOW ENABLE THE OVERCLOCK AND DISABLE IT

enable overclock by running in terminal
su root
alpine
./OverclockON

And disable it by running in terminal
su root
alpine
./OverclockOFF

and overclock is improving the bettary ( I think )

 Ehab 

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 

wat

YOU ARE THE ONE HOW ENABLE THE OVERCLOCK AND DISABLE IT

enable overclock by running in terminal
su root
alpine
./OverclockON

And disable it by running in terminal
su root
alpine
./OverclockOFF

and overclock is improving the bettary ( I think )

 Ehab
Thanks but you have to admit that alot of users post false information saying its already overclocked and drains battery and many users dont like overclocking there devices hence why I wanted to know if there was a option or not so thanks for comfirming this its nice to have a choice.

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 

wat

Is it overclocked? Seriously? WTF Don't use it, thenů
I think you should reread what i said before posting, becosue I made it clear that it was the overclock that prevented me from flashing WD 5.2 on my iphone 2g but its up to the user to enable it or not which is something I did not know until now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:33:19 PM by lyndel4 »

Offline banana

• Banana
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Banana
    • View Profile
    • FinkMac's Blog!
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »
Neither did I.
Banana

Offline torakaru

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 
The election is not so easy. If I install it I will lose many bought applications and their settings because I will have to install it form scratch without using a backup to be more stable.

Offline iOSCrackandHack

• Helpin With D00rStore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 05:24:11 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 
The election is not so easy. If I install it I will lose many bought applications and their settings because I will have to install it form scratch without using a backup to be more stable.
as long as you log in with the same apple id i'm pretty sure you can just re-download them.

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 
Here is what you can try this is what I use it only works for appstore apps tho I think, use appbackupto backup all your apps data its free in cydia and use ifunbox to transfer your apps to your PC that way you can reinstall them back after installation and then put back there save files and settings using appbackup and for sms and other stuff try realbackup although i never use it but its whitedoor recommended lol. For your Cydia apps there might be a way to back them up but I dont think its a good idea becosue there is a risk it might couse incompatibility and bugs so reinstalling them is the better idea but as for backing them up am not sure maybe someone else can post how, then you will be rocking WD 5.2 like the rest of us lol.

Offline apple 3g

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 

wat
That is what i exactly mean !!!

Offline torakaru

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »

 Ehab

And it's overclocked 
Here is what you can try this is what I use it only works for appstore apps tho I think, use appbackupto backup all your apps data its free in cydia and use ifunbox to transfer your apps to your PC that way you can reinstall them back after installation and then put back there save files and settings using appbackup and for sms and other stuff try realbackup although i never use it but its whitedoor recommended lol. For your Cydia apps there might be a way to back them up but I dont think its a good idea becosue there is a risk it might couse incompatibility and bugs so reinstalling them is the better idea but as for backing them up am not sure maybe someone else can post how, then you will be rocking WD 5.2 like the rest of us lol.
But how can I use "Appbackup" from Cydia if my iPhone 3G is not jailbroken? Which would be the steps to be followed?:

1) Install WD5.2 over my original iOS3.1.3 and RESTORE from BACKUP. (Which is not recommend it from Whitd00r staff  :o...)

2) Install the "Appbackup" from Cydia for backup the apps data and savegames. But then, how I extract those "apps data and savegames" from the iPhone itself?
Because I want to re-install a "fresh" WD5.2, and not use any backup, re-download the applications, and then apply (upload to the iPhone) the old  "apps data and savegames"  :o
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:47:35 AM by torakaru »

Offline lyndel4

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 12:07:54 AM »

But how can I use "Appbackup" from Cydia if my iPhone 3G is not jailbroken? Which would be the steps to be followed?:

1) Install WD5.2 over my original iOS3.1.3 and RESTORE from BACKUP. (Which is not recommend it from Whitd00r staff  :o...)

2) Install the "Appbackup" from Cydia for backup the apps data and save-games. But then, how I extract those "apps data and save-games" from the iPhone itself?
Because I want to re-install a "fresh" WD5.2, and not use any backup, re-download the applications, and then apply (upload to the iPhone) the old  "apps data and save-games"  :o
[/quote]
Well you must first jailbreak your device you dont have to worry about reinstalling the OS jail-breaking can be done at anytime and it will preserve all your files apps and settings , then after the jailbreak then download and use appbackup to back up appdata and ifunbox to help backup your apps and games.

By doing this you can keep everything you need so then after you backup everything you can reapply them in the new WD 5.2.

PS. for backed up AppBackup Backups are stored in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/AppBackup/tarballs You need to save this folder on your PC then put it back after you installed WD 5.2

Offline torakaru

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 09:04:58 AM »
Well you must first jailbreak your device you dont have to worry about reinstalling the OS jail-breaking can be done at anytime and it will preserve all your files apps and settings , then after the jailbreak then download and use appbackup to back up appdata and ifunbox to help backup your apps and games.

By doing this you can keep everything you need so then after you backup everything you can reapply them in the new WD 5.2.

PS. for backed up AppBackup Backups are stored in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/AppBackup/tarballs You need to save this folder on your PC then put it back after you installed WD 5.2
Thanks, but I have checking the webpage of ifunbox and it seems that with that filemanager PC program can I also save "App settigns and savegames", and without any jailbrake! Is that true? Did you try it?  :-\

Offline enalgre

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
How to have a emoji like this -> in whited00r ??