Author Topic: [Solved] Whited00r 6 3g tethering Option  (Read 8911 times)

Offline kerbgr

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
[Solved] Whited00r 6 3g tethering Option
« on: December 13, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »
After some restores the tethering option on Settings/Network is still missing ..

the link for WD5 soluttion is broken http://www.whited00r.com/tutorial-set-up-an-exchange-account-with-gmail/

p.s is it necessary to setup gmail with exchange and not with the default imap protocol ?
nice work

Thanks on advance
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:09:33 PM by kerbgr »

Offline kerbgr

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r 6 tethering Option
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:54:41 AM »
wrong translation;). i will make more clear
tethering is not at the position in the menu it should be and was for the past 3 years.
there was a same problem with 3g at 5.1.2 but the link is down
any ideas?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whited00r 6 tethering+ Gmail Exchange Setup
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »
wrong translation;). i will make more clear
tethering is not at the position in the menu it should be and was for the past 3 years.
there was a same problem with 3g at 5.1.2 but the link is down
any ideas?

"tethering is not at the position in the menu it should be and was for the past 3 years" - ♫ Times, they are changin'... ♫

Tethering options on my iPhone 3G whited00r 6 is like the man wrote and it works fine:

How about trying to find it in Settings>General>Cellular?  :)

I don't remember if the Exchange feature was enabled or not by default in the stock whited00r 6 but it's easy to check and you can also modify other stuff while you are there.

1- Start the Terminal app.

2- Type setup in the Terminal window and hit Return.

3- Type a to select Speed Up the device.

4- Type a to select Manage Daemons

5- Make sure you enable Sync by typing y.

6- Choose what you want for the other options.

7- After replying to the tethering option, it will return to the main menu, just type e to finish and Reboot automatically.

Check if new Gmail tutorial is online, if not read below: Tutorial - Set up an Exchange Account with Gmail: http://www.whited00r.com/tutorial-set-up-an-exchange-account-with-gmail/

Cut & pasted from the old WD Gmail sync setup:

1- Set up an Google Mail (Gmail) account if you don’t have it yet.

2- Open Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendar > Add New Account > Tap on Microsoft Exchange account.

3- Type your Gmail address in both the Email and Username boxes and your Gmail password in the Password box.

4- Hit the Next button. You will get a Certificate error & it is normal.  ;) Just tap OK.

5- A new “Server” box will appear on the page. Write in the new Server box: m.google.com

6- Hit the Next button. After the validation check you will get the Select info to synchronize using exchange and choose if you want Mail, Contacts and/or Calendars to be included in your Sync and hit the Done button when you are done.  ;)

Your Calendar, Contacts and Mail will now be synced with your Google account. It could take some minutes before all Contacts and Events will be synced.

Check you Mail & Message apps (type the first letters of one of your contacts) and all should be there.

I attached some screen captures from that tutorial as well as the setup tool how-to I made.

Offline kerbgr

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Whited00r 6 tethering Option
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
 :) Thank your time SOLVED!!!
the link is down i had the same problem with wd5.1.2 but i did not post because of the upcoming new release and the alternative use of mywi.

as for the rest ... ok wrong translation (network - cellular) because the tab name is network and yes this is the three year position nothing changed on the position except the feature enable from the advanced setup. The world is not changing so fast  ;D and i am not so old :D

i am a volunteer in other forums (and maybe because the subject of my job) i believe that in troubleshooting topics we answer with straight answers only like yours and i am thankful for it again.Troubleshooting and may be  answers = mess
and again sorry but this is my opinion

Many thanks for this release!!! i regrate i did not back all my 3.1.3 software

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whited00r 6 tethering Option, Gmail Sync, IOS 3.1.3 Apps
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »
:) Thank your time SOLVED!!!
the link is down i had the same problem with wd5.1.2 but i did not post because of the upcoming new release and the alternative use of mywi.

...Many thanks for this release!!! i regrate i did not back all my 3.1.3 software

Con mucho gusto!

Could please Update your first post so people can find the solution to a similar problem quickly: change the "Message icon:" to Thumb Up and add this to the beginning of your message tittle: [Solved].

To find IOS 3.1.3 compatible software:

Check the WD6 built-in in App Market > swipe to Time Machine and there is a neat feature: in Settings you can disable Automatic Delete (after install) and it will keep a copy in /var/mobile/Downloads so you can copy/transfer that entire folder to your computer and have all the apps at hand for the next IOS flashing.

More than 100 IOS 3.1.3 free/cracked apps in Dottorpalla's store http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php?topic=6815.msg67120#msg67120

I found a working Dropbox and many other free apps/games in his store that are not on the App Time Machine store @ the present.

Offline kerbgr

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] Whited00r 6 3g tethering Option
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »
Thanks very much for the link!
i already prepared my Apps to share with community. I will check versions first