Author Topic: Your version of Instagram is out of date Error Not Working iOS 3.1.3, 4.1, 4.2.1  (Read 110111 times)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Instagallery App Broken Link
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2013, 05:54:48 AM »
LOL! REALLY? Just click the "FAST DOWNLOAD" button and thats it!

Only for iPhone 3G, iPod 2g running iOS 4.2.1

Ah... those 3 are broken: filedude.com fileape.com mediafire.com

I thought Fast Download was to trick you to pay something like on so many other sites.  :)

Offline david1990

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
Instagram Working Maybe?
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2013, 05:14:02 PM »
Hi guys ! :D I was able to put Instagram working on iphone 3g with some files replacements, but i'll try it again and then who knows? Ifd it works i upload the ipa, but i don't think it will ... the API is the problem but, it worked somehow, guess i just had lucky ... Nice though

Consecutive post merged by moderator:

>:(I really think that there will be no way to bypass this error, the erroris in the api, maybe it's a new one, if its true, we're screwed . I gues i just had lucky and it logged in ... but if it logged in taht means that the problem here is not the api .. what a mess

Offline mackiw

• iPod Touch 2nd gen user
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
Apple will now let you download the older versions of their apps. But then again, I cannot log in to Instagram!!!

Offline mackiw

• iPod Touch 2nd gen user
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
Re: Instagram Working Maybe?
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2013, 03:28:30 AM »
Hi guys ! :D I was able to put Instagram working on iphone 3g with some files replacements, but i'll try it again and then who knows? Ifd it works i upload the ipa, but i don't think it will ... the API is the problem but, it worked somehow, guess i just had lucky ... Nice though

Consecutive post merged by moderator:

>:(I really think that there will be no way to bypass this error, the erroris in the api, maybe it's a new one, if its true, we're screwed . I gues i just had lucky and it logged in ... but if it logged in taht means that the problem here is not the api .. what a mess

Really? You were able to login to instagram?

Offline david1990

• View Profile

Really? You were able to login to instagram?
Yes but this is slow as f**k

Offline n0s-speed

• Not here for some time. Enrolled in the Army.
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6

Yes but this is slow as f**k

A slow Instagram but works well better than a completely not working Instagram. ;)
R.I.P. Paul Walker [September 12, 1973 - November 30, 2013] ~

Offline xxRockOnxx

• View Profile
Hey guys, any update?

It's true that apple let you download older versions now.

Now i have instagram, the problem is still there... I can't login.

Did the public protest worked? Or any working solution?

Offline n0s-speed

• View Profile
Sadly, not yet :(

Offline xxRockOnxx

• View Profile
Is there we can do to this? Other than keep on hoping? xD

Hey what if you guys just an app? Similar to this? But same server? Just ask for a permission of the owner.. Would that work?

Coz idk what the ---- is API

Offline n0s-speed

• View Profile

Hey what if you guys just an app? Similar to this? But same server? Just ask for a permission of the owner.. Would that work?

I think if it won't be Difficult it will be Impossible.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Is there we can do to this? Other than keep on hoping? xD

Coz idk what the ---- is API

Nothing we can do sadly :( Closed source, they can't update the app anyway (and wouldn't even if they could because it takes really way too much effort to support old devices and new ones. Why force yourself to stay outdated with security holes, right? ;) ).

As for making another app for it, no. That would take time and effort we simply don't have :(

Offline david1990

• View Profile

Nothing we can do sadly :( Closed source, they can't update the app anyway (and wouldn't even if they could because it takes really way too much effort to support old devices and new ones. Why force yourself to stay outdated with security holes, right? ;) ).

As for making another app for it, no. That would take time and effort we simply don't have :(
just buy a newer iPhone

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
just buy a newer iPhone

Exactly ;) You don't expect older computers to still have support for the latest games, it's just not logical. Old games that use online servers no longer work with old versions of those games, you buy computers that can run the latest games.   Technology moves on and advances.  We don't still use crank start cars for a reason as well ;)

It is sad that the servers finally gave up and can't support us anymore, but really, there is nothing to do :(

Offline fantoche

• View Profile
just bought my first iphone (3G of course, i'm very broke here and can't buy a newer model) and im very bored to not have instagram. already installed few music apps (i'm a music producer), fl studio, teknobox, rebirth and for me that is enough.but as i'm into music and extreme sports, losing instagram i feel i'm losing the glamour of my life(LOL, a bit like that). already uploaded tons of pics when i was in the android. cant stop now just I finally changed to iOS

I don't know if you guys had this ideia before but i think its quite doable. lets think in a personal third party instagram uploader.
 my ideia consists in follow steps bellow. i have basic skills in a few programming languages/ macro applications for ms windows and i'm very tempted to implement and try that
Human steps (done by me)
1- take a picture with the iphone 3G camera
2- send it by email
Steps that my personal software will do
3- another email account grab it in my home PC
4- (optional, maybe hard to implement) apply filters via pre-defined commands that I will text in the body of email (no preview of course)
5- upload the picture to instagram via any android virtual machine (eg bluestacks, virtualbox)

i think anyone with a few knowledge in programming can implement that as well

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Welcome to the forums :)

A third party server would be nice, although I don't think there is any way we could provide one to the public for a number of reasons. Authentication would be a big one, how do we know it's just whited00r users, as well as keep it with instagram too to make them happy ;) Does the API still work with 3.1.3? I know a lot of API for major services has been updated and requires at least iOS 4 (no, we cannot port it to work with 3.1.3... It's official for a reason ;) ) because of the type of coding they use. Not saying that's how instagram does it, but that's something to keep in mind.  Also the authentication API, is it still 3.1.3 compatible, or not? Maybe that's why the apps all stopped working anyway because they made it require a newer authentication method, which may be possible to use in 3.1.3, but then again it may not.

Just being the voice of doom :(