Author Topic: Your version of Instagram is out of date Error Not Working iOS 3.1.3, 4.1, 4.2.1  (Read 110119 times)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows

Update 2013-05-08: Currently in iTunes the new Instagram version 3.5.1 "Requires iOS 5.0 or later" so now they dropped support for iOS 4.3 also.  :-\

Update 2013-04-04: The Instagram server-side broke the backward compatibility and does not understand anymore the upload and delete photos instructions code made by older versions of the Instagram app for users who are already logged in into their accounts.

That would be very easy to fix by the Instagram engineers if they would really care about their users. If you have the same cannot upload or delete photos issue create an Instagram support ticket describing that as it is the only way to solve this problem as we cannot hack into Instagram/Facebook's servers:o

Edit 2013-04-03: Goddammit!  >:( Instagram was bought by Facebook and now Facebook broke it using their server-side checks so the millions of owners of Apple's iPhone 2G & 3G and iPod Touch 1G & 2G cannot loggin into their Instagram account using my tricks below to Sign Up because Login into your existing account is not working anymore as Instagram is blocking us on purpose.  :( 

The Instagram error says: "Your version of Instagram is out of date. Please upgrade your app in the App Store to sign up for Instagram."  but the current Instagram app in iTunes says: Requires iOS 5.0 or later and that means that iPhone 2G & 3G and iPod Touch 1G & 2G cannot use it because those Apple devices can't run any iOS above 4.2.1 because of their ARMv6 CPU limitations. See this sticky for more info about that: (it means a thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

I have a iPhone 3G, didnt log out from my account, but as i tried to upload today a foto i came accross the same message!!

Last week i did upload some fotos, today i cannot!  :(

So we need to make a public protest campaign and kick the butt of both Instagram and Facebook Support like we did successfully here for WhatsApp: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!

I just used Google's Chrome browser on Windows 7 64-bit and added the free Instagram for Chrome extension to loggin my Instagram account then went to: Report a bug >>> Report a Broken Feature >>> First steps >>> scroll all the way down to Still no luck? >>> and finally after jumping through so many hoops click on the link: "we'll have you submit a bug report".

8)  I strongly suggest you do the same if you want Instagram working again on your iPhone 2G & 3G and iPod Touch 1G & 2G running Whited00r or iOS 3.1.3, 3.1.2, 4.0, 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1.  8)

Bug Report > Instagram version > Select Other as v2.5.0 is not listed anymore in the drop-down menu. (Instagram v2.5.0 is the last version working on iOS 3.1.2 and above and that's why it is the version currently available in App Time Machine > Photo & Video > Instagram.) Edit 2013-03-21: Instagram is blocking also the Instagram v2.5.1 app which requires iOS 4 and above and also Instagram v3.0.0 that requires iOS 4.2.1

What happened? > Select Logging in.

Then a text box will appear for writing your protest message. What I wrote as an example for you:

Hello, I cannot log into my Instagram account anymore on my iPhone 3G on iOS 3.1.3 running Instagram v2.5.0 which was running fine until YOU BROKE IT!

Now when I try to loggin it says: "Your version of Instagram is out of date. Please upgrade your app in the App Store to sign up for Instagram."

But it is a catch 22 because the current Instagram version in iTunes is NOT COMPATIBLE with any iOS lower than iOS 5.0 so basically your are saying to millions of owners of Apple's iPhone 2G & 3G and iPod Touch 1G & 2G to go away and use your competitors products!

The irony is that it is those devices that made Instagram popular in the first place. :-(

Subscribe to this thread (Notify) as we will keep it up-to-date with any new developments about our protest campaign to make Instagram backtrack and enable logging in our accounts our older Apple iPhone & iPod Touch devices again.

Text below is outdated because Instagram is now blocking our devices with their Server-side checks so those Instagram apps are not working and you cannot Login into your Instagram account anymore! :'(

Confirmed: the Instagram v2.5.0 that lucky Whited00r 6 users can download via the built-in App Time Machine Store access is working  fine on my iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 based on iOS 3.1.3. Instagram v2.5.1 is working also on iOS 4.2.1 and 4.0 & 4.1.

If you have already an activated Instagram account, just login & Bingo!

If you do not have an account already, trying to do it with this Instagram version will return a "Your version of Instagram is out of date. Please upgrade your app in the App Store to sign up for Instagram." error. But it is a catch 22 because the current version in iTunes is not compatible. Workaround:

Edit 2013-03-20: You can now use the Google Chrome browser on your computer and the Instagram for Chrome extension linked above to Sign Up and register a new Instagram account or log in your existing one.  ;)

1- Use somebody else newer iPhone or Android phone to create an account, log out and then login on your older iPhone 2G 3G or iPod Touch 2G 3G.

2- If you cannot do that, my crazy workaround because you can only register and create an account using a iOS or Android device normally:

Download the virtual Android app player that works on Windows or Mac: http://www.bluestacks.com/

Register, download apps with it and use any Android apps including Instagram to create an account. Then login on your older device.  ;)

So I used Microsoft's Windows to run Google's Android to workaround my Apple iOS problem.  ;D ;D ;D

For those not running Whited00r 6 so not having it's exclusive App Time Machine custom download app, you can download this tested and confirmed Instagram v2.5.0 working on iOS 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.1 and iOS 4.2.1 here: http://limelinx.com/dqsrs mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d7xp7v

Note: you can try this cracked & working Instagram v2.5.1 but it requires IOS 4+(4.0, 4.1, 4.2.1) and I tried a couple of versions of v2.5.1 and it will not install on Whited00r 6 based on the faster & more fluid iOS 3.1.3. Edit 2013-03-21: Instagram is blocking also the Instagram v2.5.1 app which requires iOS 4 and above!

You can install the Instagram v2.5.0 or v2.5.1 .ipa to the iPhone or iPod Touch using these great iTunes alternatives free iTools (my favorite tool, versions for Mac or PC) or iFunBox.

Instagram v2.5.0 Flicker Crashing

...But when I configurate flickr acount, instagram crashed... only in flickr acount. Is it possible?

I can confirm that Instagram v2.5.0 crashes when trying to link it to my Flicker account.

The reason is that Instagram is now blocking Flickr on that version.

Flickr Crashing Instagram Workaround:

1- Go here to get a Flickr Uploading by Email address: http://www.flickr.com/account/uploadbyemail/

2- Add that email to your contacts. You could name the contact Flickr Upload for example.

3- Take photo(s) with Instagram and filter to taste.

4- Don't waste your time trying to share the photo via Flickr Upload email using Instagram as it does not work. It will not show in your Photostream.

5- Go to your Camera Roll and open your Instagram made photo and send by email to Flickr Upload. The Subject line of the email will be your photo's name in the Photostream.

Et voilą!  :D

Instagram Basics http://help.instagram.com/customer/portal/topics/43525-instagram-basics

bcooper moderator edit: How to access instagram on your PC
A lovely tutorial was made by cpa12paulo that tells you how to access and upload photos to instagram from your computer, until this problem has been resolved :)
Temporary fix to Instagram Usage :D

Offline enalgre

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] whited00r 6 Working Instagram - Crashing w/ Flickr
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:42:08 AM »
This is GOOD awesome !!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
And now, with little hope I ask again, can you find path2.0 & line messenger crack version for our WD6 heheheh :D :D

1- Sorry, I have zero interest in those apps.  :'(

2- This is not an app request thread, it's an Instagram thread.  :o so please stay on topic as that's a whited00r Forum Rule.  :-\ We don't want this forum to turn into an unusable free-for-all bordello like Facebook.  :o

3- For app requests or to share links to external sites where you found some compatible apps  8) go here: Apps Compatible with iOS 3.1, 3.1.3, 4.1 & 4.2.1

I figured out a Flickr Crashing Instagram Workaround and updated post #1.  :)

Offline enalgre

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
And now, with little hope I ask again, can you find path2.0 & line messenger crack version for our WD6 heheheh :D :D

1- Sorry, I have zero interest in those apps.  :'(

2- This is not an app request thread, it's an Instagram thread in a Troubleshooting Forum.  :o so please stay on topic as that's a whited00r Forum Rule.  :-\ We don't want this forum to turn into an unusable free-for-all bordello like Facebook.  :o

3- Try the Amateur Developers or the Spambucket Forums.

I figured out a Flickr Crashing Instagram Workaround and updated post #1.
1. Oh no problem pierrep, you still a good man!!
2. Hehee i'm sorry :D :D
3. Yes instagram is enough for me no need a flickr..thank you pierrep :* no homo

Offline dude22072

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
I try to signup but it says i cant because its an outdated app.
is their any work around for this?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: I try to signup but it says i cant because its an outdated app
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 06:24:34 AM »

App name? Version? Where did you downloaded it from? Device model? iOS version if not whited00r (version)?  :o

Offline kevinek2

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile

me too, if i try to sign up it says that it is outdated  :-[

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile

App name? Version? Where did you downloaded it from? Device model? iOS version if not whited00r (version)?

See post #1 in this thread about a fix for the "Your version of Instagram is out of date. Please upgrade your app in the App Store to sign up for Instagram." error.

Offline kevinek2

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile

App name? Version? Where did you downloaded it from? Device model? iOS version if not whited00r (version)?

See post #1 in this thread about a fix for the "Your version of Instagram is out of date. Please upgrade your app in the App Store to sign up for Instagram." error.

im gonna try your workarround boss PierreP

hehehe still downloading
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:25:04 PM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile

im gonna try your workarround boss PierreP

hehehe still downloading

And Welcome to the whited00r forum!  8)

A must read for all new whited00r users is the sticky (it means an important thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING! with answers to many questions you might have.

I still would like to know this for the benefit of other whited00r users with the same issue: App name? Version? Where did you downloaded it from? Device model? iOS version if not whited00r (version)? As per this also must read IMO: WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread.  8)

Offline kevinek2

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
i downloaded instagram from your links, and my my device is iphone 3G iOS 4.2.1 im sorry but im very new to the iOS family :)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
i downloaded instagram from your links, and my my device is iphone 3G iOS 4.2.1 im sorry but im very new to the iOS family :)

Play with the dog-slow 4.2.1 for a couple of hours then try WD 6 & see the light. Read the FAQ linked above.

You did not say if you got Instagram working or not.

Offline dude22072

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: I try to signup but it says i cant because its an outdated app
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

App name? Version? Where did you downloaded it from? Device model? iOS version if not whited00r (version)?  :o
Instagram 2.5.0; link in 1st post; iPod touch 1st gen; 3.1.3 whited00r 6

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Instagram I try to signup but it says I cant because its an outdated app
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 08:47:48 AM »

Thank you for the essential info.  8 In fact we need that info all the time on the whited00r forum because there are so many variables and an issue with iPhone 2G or 3G or iPod Touch xyx with iOS 3.1.3,, 4.1 or 4.2.1 may have different causes, troubleshooting steps or fixes and workarounds.  :o

So, did you try the Instagram Register New Account workarounds in the updated post #1?

If so, which one did you try and did it worked for you?

And noticed that a tested (by me too on iPhone 3G) working Instagram 2.5.0 can be easily found & downloaded directly from the iPhone using the App Time Machine Store?

Offline dude22072

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Instagram I try to signup but it says I cant because its an outdated app
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 01:22:53 AM »

Thank you for the essential info.  8 In fact we need that info all the time on the whited00r forum because there are so many variables and an issue with iPhone 2G or 3G or iPod Touch xyx with iOS 3.1.3,, 4.1 or 4.2.1 may have different causes, troubleshooting steps or fixes and workarounds.  :o

So, did you try the Instagram Register New Account workarounds in the updated post #1?

If so, which one did you try and did it worked for you?

And noticed that a tested (by me too on iPhone 3G) working Instagram 2.5.0 can be easily found & downloaded directly from the iPhone using the App Time Machine Store?

I used the Bluestacks workaround and it was successful.  :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:20:06 AM by PierreP »