Author Topic: Your version of Instagram is out of date Error Not Working iOS 3.1.3, 4.1, 4.2.1  (Read 110165 times)

Offline fantoche

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
no no. i think you didn't understand me. Sorry, english is not my main language.

my intentions is a private and particular Windows application, no plans for a public server!

And I think this app is almost working!

I just downloaded and tested Gramblr for Windows and it works. Gramblr will be the final link in this workaround.

Also, I just downloaded this app: Mail Attachment Downloader http://download.cnet.com/Mail-Attachment-Downloader/3000-2369_4-10971605.html
It download any attachment from your email account. It have smart filters like, check every new message in a period of time, and just download certain extensions only from a certain email adress. That will help a lot my job.

I already have tons of macro applications (i play a few online games, you know sometimes you need to survive!). But  I will use Macrogamer, it is very simple, and can do what I want. Automation of mouse movement and it can send keystrokes, that's enough for the task.

So the whole chain/flowchart is (assuming my home PC is already powered on and connected to the internet)

1- I take a picture with the iphone camera
2- Send from my iPhone the picture to the email [email protected]
3- Mail attachment downloader will download the pic in my home PC
4- My personal software will check if have new pics downloaded by Mail Attachement Downloader
5- If Yes it will launch Macrogamer's Macro for upload a picure in Gramblr
This macro consists basicaly by: 1- (send keystrokes)enter my Instagram username/password, 2 (recorded mouse movements) find the downloaded picture by Mail Attachement Downloader, 3 - (recorded mouse movements) Upload the pic to Instagram 4- (recorded mouse movements) Reset Gramblr to show the first screen making it ready for the next pic

I should make a few code only to caption the pics

not a elegant way to have Instagram in your iPhone 3G, but I think it could work! I will try this very soon.

Oh, and thanks a lot for whited00r. This forum is very cool!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Very ingenious indeed, I was going to suggest a custom little server over the wifi network, but that wouldn't work away from home without more tweaking ;) 

I understand what you are meaning now, that is, as I said, very smart :)

Offline adnanabidk

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
is it still working ? plz someone reply

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
is it still working ? plz someone reply

Instagram is still broken, aside from any workaround posted here, either by using other services and such.  The official app is still kaput, and will likely stay like that :(

Offline Superhitech

• Future CEO of Apple Inc.
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
"Those who are crazy enough to think they change the world, are the ones who do."

-Steve Jobs