Author Topic: [Solved] Uploading to App Time Machine Not Working  (Read 7357 times)

Offline jmeyer2k

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
[Solved] Uploading to App Time Machine Not Working
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »
Whenever I try to upload the Kindle app to App Time Machine, it uploads, and then says

Code: [Select]
413 Request Entity Too Large
nginx

I do not know what this means although I assume it has to do with the size of the file, which is only 10 mb.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:10:17 PM by PierreP »

Offline BatuhanK

• Whited00r 6 Iphone 2G
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Uploading to App Time Machine not working
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »
Now apps can be uploaded to the apptimemachine site but after that I can't see the apps which I uploaded on timemachine, why is that?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: Uploads to App Time Machine Not Found - Non-US iTunes App's URL
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:31:57 PM »
Now apps can be uploaded to the apptimemachine site but after that I can't see the apps which I uploaded on timemachine, why is that?

Well uploaded apps to App Time Machine are not immediately shared with Whited00r users. They must be first checked for virus or malware and then manually test on iPhone and iPod Touch running Whited00r to make sure they work then they go to the list of stuff to be uploaded to their server.

Since the App Time Machine Team is small, it takes time as they are also working on the server & website as it is a new project in development and besides, they have a life outside of App Time Machine.  ;)

...Btw, when I try to upload a IPA to ATM I put the GERMAN Store URL into the text field, but nothin happened. So only US links are working?

App Time Machine (ATM) is requesting that iTunes app's link because:

1- They want to make sure that the app's old version is not a paid app still offered in iTunes.

2- It makes it easier for them to get the app's icon & correct name & description.

3- I guess they don't speak all languages so linking to the iTunes US store app's page makes life easier for them;)

If you have a link for an other country store, it is easy to change it to the US one.

For example a Google search with Facebook + itunes depending on your browser settings & if you enable Location or Personalizing Results may return the German iTunes link for that app. In the URL example below the ...com/de/ is the German store identifier. It's easy to change it to /en/

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/facebook/id284882215?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/facebook/id284882215?mt=8

Or you could change your Google preferences to search in google.com or use Advanced Search and select show results in English only.

More tips about searching iTunes stores by specific country in the Searching Non USA iTunes Stores paragraph of The solution is in the Apps Forum sticky (it means an important thread pinned at the top of the forum list) [Tutorial] Whited00r 6 How-To Find iOS 3.1.3 iOS 4.1 & 4.2.1 Compatible Apps - iTunes Filter 3.x

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: [Solved] Uploading to App Time Machine not working
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
i have a lot of free time so i could really help in receiving ipa files and testing..
also, everytimes i want to upload an app (no matter if i try 30 times) it say error while uploading, is it due to overload ?
Soutient en Francais ici

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »
i have a lot of free time so i could really help in receiving ipa files and testing..
also, everytimes i want to upload an app (no matter if i try 30 times) it say error while uploading, is it due to overload ?

I think the server is doing maintenance or something :(

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
oh okay, and do you know how i can be volunteer to test ipas? i have so much time, this way other dev can work on firmwares :D
Soutient en Francais ici

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
oh okay, and do you know how i can be volunteer to test ipas? i have so much time, this way other dev can work on firmwares :D

I don't know how one would volunteer :(  Maybe contact them :P

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »
contact who exactly? wd team are hard to reach (you are the easiest one to talk)
Soutient en Francais ici

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44:29 PM »
contact who exactly? wd team are hard to reach (you are the easiest one to talk)

The apptimemachine people :P I think they have an email address, but I'm not sure actually :O

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: Uploading to App Time Machine Server Problem Maybe?
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 11:00:55 PM »

bcooperizcool is right, it could be a temporary server problem. Just try again in a day or 3. They also wrote on their home page: "Please consider this platform in BETA development stage". They seem to be constantly working on coding and very big apps cannot be uploaded @ the present.

The App Time Machine Team is not the WD Team. It is a secret club because of possible legal backlash even if their web page states:

We are against piracy and our proposal is just the preservation of old application versions for the future.

Offline rays383chevy2010

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 02:39:49 PM »
hi this is a question for the makers of apptimemachine i cant seem to upload any large files like tomtom 6.1 usa or mortalkombat i have many other cool and useful apps how cant i get these uploaded any help would be great and heres a nice suggestion on the new whited00r 6.1 would it be possible for us to upload a description of the apps we upload so you could click on the app in apptimemachine and read what the apps all about would be cool :) like i said just a suggestion and great work on everything i thought my iphone3g was done for till i seen this great ios keep up the great work

Offline Dren038

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
Well i wanted to upload some apps but i dont know how so can u download it for me please? the apps are:IFORCE,THE LITTLE CRANE THAT COULD.I'm not sure what firmware they used before but now it is 4.3 for both of them.So can u please upload them...It would make me really happy  :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 06:44:47 PM »
Well i wanted to upload some apps but i dont know how so can u download it for me please? the apps are:IFORCE,THE LITTLE CRANE THAT COULD.I'm not sure what firmware they used before but now it is 4.3 for both of them.So can u please upload them...It would make me really happy  :)

Welcome to the forums :)

If they never supported 3.1.3, then they cannot be uploaded to the App Time Machine :(

Offline hans46

• Whited00r iPhone User
    • View Profile
Wechat will stop working
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 06:36:36 AM »
Hi...

I just received message from wechat, mentioned that " your version of wechat will stop working after sep 17, 2013. You must update to the latest version to continue using wechat. Download wechat here: http://wechat.com "

What should I do? My device is iPhone 3G.

Please advice

Thank's a lot

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Re: Wechat will stop working
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
Hi...

I just received message from wechat, mentioned that " your version of wechat will stop working after sep 17, 2013. You must update to the latest version to continue using wechat. Download wechat here: http://wechat.com "

What should I do? My device is iPhone 3G.

Please advice

Thank's a lot

Please have a look here and keep all posts relating to that here ;)
WeChat will stop working on September 17th