Author Topic: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!  (Read 292312 times)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: WhatsApp Changing Phone Numbers & App + It's Data Backup
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2013, 12:50:06 AM »
...I setup my phone with my german number and when I came to spain, I changed the SIMs. When I started Whatsapp, they told me that they detected a different number and if I want to use that number for whatsapp now. I clicked 'no' and now I have a spanish number inside, but whatsapp is still running on my german number. Its a bit long ago...

That's weird. I am guessing this, but since WhatsApp is kicking out gradually all iPhone's running iOS 4.2.1 or older from their servers system, I presume that the WhatsApp servers would block such a phone number change now on WhatsApp v2.8.4.  :o

In fact users reported in this thread that if you uninstall/reinstall WhatsApp v2.8.4, you can never get back in their system and your account because they will not send a 3 digit activation code necessary with every new WhatsApp app installation so don't make any changes to the iPhone specific device/given phone number combo to be on the safe side if you want to keep on using WhatsApp on gen 1 & 2 iPhone's.

But a WhatsApp app + it's data backup should bring you back exactly to it's current state anyway w/o WhatsApp asking you any questions if you keep on using the same Spanish SIM phone number and the same iPhone 3G.

It's the same for Facebook, Skype or a game. If you are at level 5 in that game and do an app + it's data backup and install it after flashing an iOS firmware then when you run that app for the first time you should start directly at the level you were: 5 in this example and all the High Scores achieved or multiples profiles created should be there too.

Are you still paying the cellular provider for the German number to keep it activated?

In Costa Rica for the prepaid Kolbi brand SIM's if you do not charge it with at least $0.20 every 3 months, they cancel the number and may give it to a new customer even if it has still some unused credits in it. I know that because I kept an extra prepaid SIM number beside my regular postpaid SIM number to run tests for Whited00r on my second iPhone 3G and they cancelled it w/o warning me via SMS or email even if I had $5 worth of credit on it.  :-\

Offline Kimon

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
Re: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2013, 12:53:14 AM »
@PierreP: Thank you very much. I did exactly as you said and everything works fine so far :-)

Offline shinmugen

• View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #347 on: July 03, 2013, 07:16:24 AM »
Did anyone try to use Bluestacks to run android on PC to activate Whatsapp then use the Whatsapp on WhiteD00r device?  The Whatsapp on PC will definitely work but don't whether it can be transferred to Whited00r device or not.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: WhatsApp Logging on a PC
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2013, 09:04:06 AM »
Did anyone try to use Bluestacks to run android on PC to activate Whatsapp then use the Whatsapp on WhiteD00r device...

Does not work. Please read posts #1 & 2 in this thread or/and two posts above yours.

@ Kimon - You are welcomed and thanks for reporting back that it worked for you.  8)

Offline AmerLoolz

• View Profile
WhatsApp on iDroid?
« Reply #349 on: July 05, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »
Hello
Can I download whatsapp if (iPhone idroid) or can not I?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: WhatsApp on iDroid?
« Reply #350 on: July 05, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »
Hello
Can I download whatsapp if (iPhone idroid) or can not I?

Sorry but Whited00r does not support iDroid so try in this off topic board or in an other forum: Free Forum! - Everything Off Topic Elsewhere Goes Here!

For those having an iPhone 2G you could try this: [Tutorial] [YouTube Link] - Whatsapp for iPhone 2G - iDroid Android workaround

Offline AmerLoolz

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 06, 2013, 05:46:14 PM »
Ok thx i'm phone 3g not 2g  :)

Offline DynamoMugel

• iPhone 3g iOS 4.2.1 User
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #352 on: July 26, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
hi  :)
I have the problem not to run I Whatsapp! can any one help me? my mobile number is not yet activated, have the last WhatsApp v2.8.4 on the iphone 3g! I tried everything what the internet is here! Maybe I can help a net.whatsapp.whatsapp.plist  ;)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2013, 09:03:37 PM »
hi  :)
I have the problem not to run I Whatsapp! can any one help me? my mobile number is not yet activated, have the last WhatsApp v2.8.4 on the iphone 3g! I tried everything what the internet is here! Maybe I can help a net.whatsapp.whatsapp.plist  ;)

Welcome to the forums :)

Same thing as everyone else sadly, no fix unless you had a backup of it beforehand when it was working.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: WhatsApp Problem - Phone Number Not Activated iPhone 3G
« Reply #354 on: July 27, 2013, 10:19:19 PM »
...I have the problem not to run I Whatsapp! can any one help me? my mobile number is not yet activated, have the last WhatsApp v2.8.4 on the iphone 3g! I tried everything what the internet is here! Maybe I can help a net.whatsapp.whatsapp.plist  ;)

Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8)

What Brian wrote above about the WhatsApp problem.   :'(

Don't waste your time with editing the net.whatsapp.whatsapp.plist as it was reported many times in this thread as not working.

"...my mobile number is not yet activated" - The problem is on the server-side of WhatsApp blocking & refusing to activate gen 1 & 2 Apple devices and we can't hack in their servers.  :-\

I understand you don't want to read all the posts in this thread but you could at least always read the post #1 in any thread before posting in it.  ;)

BTW pasting this in the Whited00r forum Search box top right of this page returns 63 results at the present: net.whatsapp.whatsapp.plist

Offline indirnez

• View Profile
WD6 WHATSAPP PROBLEM !!!!!
« Reply #355 on: August 02, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »
WD6 installed on my phone, but the phone can not install whatsapp: (I've read the forums, WD6 told WhatsApp works. Find the solution that does not work, or why, but WD6 installed equipment is working to fix this problem, please let us know!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:05:25 AM by indirnez »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: WD6 WHATSAPP PROBLEM !!!!!
« Reply #356 on: August 02, 2013, 04:34:05 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

This is not the right section for this to begin with, and you also should have posted on the thread where you saw it was "working" ;)  I moved it to the right forum section, and am locking this topic (so please move to the main thread for this)

[50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!

As stated in the first post of that thread, and all throughout by people who didn't read the first post for who knows why, it is working, but only if you meet certain criteria.  You must have had it working before, and must have made a backup of it when it was working and saved that backup.  If you didn't do that, or had that, then you cannot get it to work.  The whited00r team is not working on this, as this is only one application out of hundreds that cut off older versions server side.  We simply do not have the manpower or resources to work on it.  If (or when) a solution is found, it will be posted in the thread linked above. :)  Do not ask for progress, because it will be posted as soon as there is any. ;)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Restoring from a WhatsApp Backup? Splitted Topic
« Reply #357 on: August 03, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
A new thread was made about pelusa001's problem trying to restore from an old WhatsApp backup saved in Dropbox using DataDeposit so go there if you are interested in that topic please: Restoring from a WhatsApp Backup in Dropbox? iPhone 3G

For those who have a working WhatsApp, it's better safe than sorry so check this tutorial: [Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1

Offline abhaymanu

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 31, 2013, 01:51:51 AM »
hey guys, i am running WD 5.2.1 on my iPhone 3g. I had the same problem with the whatsapp verification code thingy. but when installed this ipa, for some reason (i don't know why), it didn't ask for it and allowed me to use whatsapp.
can you guys try this and tell me if it works?

http://rghost.net/44923971?r=470

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2013, 03:27:02 AM »
...can you guys try this and tell me if it works?

<link snipped>

Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8)

No to your request because:

1- Read post #1 in this thread.  ::)

2- Waste of time.  :-\

3- The only reason it would work for you is that you had already registered that specific phone number/device combo with WhatsApp and that info was already cached in your device.

BTW if you do not do this before flashing a firmware on your device you will never be able again to get WhatsApp working on it: [Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1