Author Topic: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!  (Read 273180 times)

Offline dhaniearie

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!
« Reply #375 on: December 24, 2013, 05:07:36 AM »
Hi all newbie here...

I found a whatsapp.ipa can be installed at 3.1.3 i've got from whited00r, the whatsapp series is 2.5.11.
When I installed and want to activate my mobile number didn't mentioned that whatsapp version is too old.

then i try to register my mobile number but always shown that network connection error but when I open iFunbox with iphone connected into computer on whatsapp - library - preference - net.whatsapp.Whatsapp.plist I found the 3 digit activation code then I put that code as request, it worked to continue the progress but my whatsapp is stuck in connecting to whatsapp server as shown on the image.

Offline Ahmed Ashour

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: WhatsApp Problem - Phone Number Not Activated iPhone 3G
« Reply #376 on: December 24, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8)

What Brian wrote above about the WhatsApp problem.   :'(

Don't waste your time with editing the net.whatsapp.whatsapp.plist as it was reported many times in this thread as not working.

"...my mobile number is not yet activated" - The problem is on the server-side of WhatsApp blocking & refusing to activate gen 1 & 2 Apple devices and we can't hack in their servers.  :-\

I understand you don't want to read all the posts in this thread but you could at least always read the post #1 in any thread before posting in it.  ;)

BTW pasting this in the Whited00r forum Search box top right of this page returns 63 results at the present: net.whatsapp.whatsapp.plist

Offline iNadav1

• Want's to become a Web Designer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »
Hi all newbie here...

I found a whatsapp.ipa can be installed at 3.1.3 i've got from whited00r, the whatsapp series is 2.5.11.
When I installed and want to activate my mobile number didn't mentioned that whatsapp version is too old.

then i try to register my mobile number but always shown that network connection error but when I open iFunbox with iphone connected into computer on whatsapp - library - preference - net.whatsapp.Whatsapp.plist I found the 3 digit activation code then I put that code as request, it worked to continue the progress but my whatsapp is stuck in connecting to whatsapp server as shown on the image.
Hey, Sorry that I can't really help you
but I want to use whatsapp on my device running WhiteD00r (3.1.3)
And when I open the file I can't see the digits code, so Can you plz tell me how did you did that?
B.t.w - When did you did that?
Have a good day, Nadav.

Offline dhaniearie

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 25, 2013, 06:35:14 AM »
Hi iNadav1,

I did it yesterday, not all version whatsapp can't receive the 3 digit only 2.5.11 as I mentioned. you need to wait after your number inserted.

thanks

Offline tyno

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #379 on: December 25, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
Hi iNadav1,

I did it yesterday, not all version whatsapp can't receive the 3 digit only 2.5.11 as I mentioned. you need to wait after your number inserted.

thanks

Hi,

I followed the same procedure with 2.5.11 and got to the same point - waiting for network on whatsapp page. It seems that the registration with phone number never took place, probably because I used the code found in the file on iFunBox. Wonder if there is any chance that this approach could work?

Offline iNadav1

• Want's to become a Web Designer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 27, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
Hi iNadav1,

thanks
So can you give me the link to a version that can receive on Whited00r 6 ?
Have a good day, Nadav.

Offline bilelmoussaoui

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 28, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
Hello,
i guess im close to find out a solution
when i change the "net.whatsapp.WhatsApp" File that you can find it here "Library\Preferences" using iFile in your iPhone or iTools on your pc.

i replace that file with an other one of my whatsapp on iPhone 4 (iOs 6.1.3)  and i got this

When i open the two files using a text editor, the one of Whatsapp 2.8.4 is a hex files and the last version on my iPhone 4 is a text  file, could we compare those files ?

Offline GMXX

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #382 on: June 20, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »
Anyone actually solved the problem?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2014, 05:58:42 AM »
Anyone actually solved the problem?

Welcome to the forums :)

If someone ever does (unlikely), it would be updated on the first post of this thread, so everyone can see it right away and the title of the thread will change as well to signify it has been solved :)

No work is being done by the whited00r team on this, and even if we did do work, it likely would get shut down by whatsapp themselves because they are making anyone who touches stuff relating to whatsapp stop (cydia tweaks modifying it, or providing quick reply, third party API for it, etc).

Offline GMXX

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »

If someone ever does (unlikely), it would be updated on the first post of this thread, so everyone can see it right away and the title of the thread will change as well to signify it has been solved :)

No work is being done by the whited00r team on this, and even if we did do work, it likely would get shut down by whatsapp themselves because they are making anyone who touches stuff relating to whatsapp stop (cydia tweaks modifying it, or providing quick reply, third party API for it, etc).

Thanks for the answer, i think i found a solution for the problem, but is for that we need to dissamble the whatsapp(with IDA) and trade the values for  the whatsapp dont compare the code received from server but to always compare with our preseted code which will make the validation go to the sucess step and we will be able to activate whatsapp.
The only thing is that this process can't be automated. I did not finished the tests(because i'm learning it too so i don't have much habilities) so i cant guarantee nothing but at least in theory with works.
Is there anyone here with some habilities with IDA and knowledge of ARM to also try that?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2014, 05:10:52 AM »
The thing is, even disassembling the code won't glean much information that is useful.  The API on the actual app itself needs to be modified to respond and receive the newer API the application uses for activation.  That is more than just using IDA to see what goes on (I don't know how to use it mind you, and wouldn't understand all it spewed out), you also have to find the correct API, and also anything that touches the API key.  Also need to modify anything that it uses to doublecheck the activation anywhere else in code :(  Takes a lot to reverse engineer all that, and then try and make it all work when you cannot actually see the source code of the application.

The whited00r team does not have the time or manpower to do this for apps sadly :(

Offline Silence4all

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2014, 08:10:57 PM »
Don't know if this was posted anywhere yet ... at least couldnt find it...
For the ones that at least want to use whatsapp to stay in touch with friends etc... there is a way to do it but NOT on your phone.
After days and days of searching  on how to get whatapp working again since i had to do a restore on phone(and yes.. immediatly used whitd00r 7 on it ;) ) , i was in this 50% NOT solved group.
Tried all the things i could find on forums here... watched zillions of "100 % working"  youtube vids etc etc .

I then found a solution to at least run latest whatapp on PC .. using BlueStack.(android simulator) wich has access to google's playstore.
I installed whatsapp and entered phone number and clicked to get the code by Sms/txt.
That does NOT work, so i did the "call me"  option .. and within 1 minute i had a call from their auto messenger server... providing me a 6 digit number to activate.
I did... and tadaaaaaaaaa... am back online in whatapp land.

After that i did try to see what happend on phone after installing whatapp again, at 1st looked ok .. as i immediatly got to preferences.... but to be disappointed after 1 minute... "verificaton of device failed"  ... but still runs on Bluestack :)

Maybe this is in the wrong place on forums(if so i'm sorry) ... but thought at least some "addicted"  appers could at least have whatapp running on a PC.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:20:49 PM by Silence4all »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:21 AM »
Don't know if this was posted anywhere yet ... at least couldnt find it...
For the ones that at least want to use whatsapp to stay in touch with friends etc... there is a way to do it but NOT on your phone.
After days and days of searching  on how to get whatapp working again since i had to do a restore on phone(and yes.. immediatly used whitd00r 7 on it ;) ) , i was in this 50% NOT solved group.
Tried all the things i could find on forums here... watched zillions of "100 % working"  youtube vids etc etc .

I then found a solution to at least run latest whatapp on PC .. using BlueStack.(android simulator) wich has access to google's playstore.
I installed whatsapp and entered phone number and clicked to get the code by Sms/txt.
That does NOT work, so i did the "call me"  option .. and within 1 minute i had a call from their auto messenger server... providing me a 6 digit number to activate.
I did... and tadaaaaaaaaa... am back online in whatapp land.

After that i did try to see what happend on phone after installing whatapp again, at 1st looked ok .. as i immediatly got to preferences.... but to be disappointed after 1 minute... "verificaton of device failed"  ... but still runs on Bluestack :)

Maybe this is in the wrong place on forums(if so i'm sorry) ... but thought at least some "addicted"  appers could at least have whatapp running on a PC.

Thank you for posting this and the mini-tutorial of how you got a "workaround" working :)
I think currently, that is the only official way to do that as well, because WhatsApp is shutting down third party applications/API for them, so the other methods that used to work for this no longer do.  This method will work for the foreseeable future because it uses an actual android device/app of sorts to run it.

I think the bluestacks thing was posted ages ago, although not relating to whatsapp but more about if we could use it on iOS to run android apps (that was a no sadly ;( )

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2014, 08:24:25 AM »
Ya i also knew about bluestacks but you cannot carry your pc everywhere you go :|
@bruan : Can we run symbian on ios (side by side) same like the idroid workaround (posted on the forum ) we can use symbian because it uses less ram and also supports whatsapp....
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2014, 04:43:40 AM »
Ya i also knew about bluestacks but you cannot carry your pc everywhere you go :|
@bruan : Can we run symbian on ios (side by side) same like the idroid workaround (posted on the forum ) we can use symbian because it uses less ram and also supports whatsapp....

We can't really run anything alongside iOS, especially not on the first and second generation devices :(