Author Topic: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!  (Read 277456 times)

Offline off-road-biker

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: Whatsapp WD6 Problem !!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »
I've just tried this and IT WORKS:

1. Install iFile from Cydia.
2. Open iFile and navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices, then open SystemVersion.plist
3. Edit the line where it states the firmware version is 3.1.3 and change it to 4.3.1
4. Save and exit.

You might need to reinstall Whatsapp from TimeMachine, but that's it. As silly as it sounds, it works.

Doesn't work either! ::)

Offline sukhi

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »

2. Open iFile and navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices, then open SystemVersion.plist
3. Edit the line where it states the firmware version is 3.1.3 and change it to 4.3.1
4. Save and exit.

You might need to reinstall Whatsapp from TimeMachine, but that's it. As silly as it sounds, it works.

Doesn't work either! ::)
no this doesn't work for me also

Offline sukhi

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »
look i have tried one thing of installing whatsapp 2.8.7 in iphone 3g 3.1.3 whited00r 6
but when i open whatsapp it crashes
how do i install is i first download whatsapp 2.8.7 from itunes
and than open that file with winrar and than copy its files to pc somewhere , than i connect my iphone with pc via diskaid than i go to var/mobile/applications/than search folder of whatsapp than paste those 2.8.7 file in that folder i replaced them . as by this 2.8.7 whatsapp is installed but it crashes can we solve the crashing problem

Offline sukhwant_saund

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »
look i have tried one thing of installing whatsapp 2.8.7 in iphone 3g 3.1.3 whited00r 6
but when i open whatsapp it crashes
how do i install is i first download whatsapp 2.8.7 from itunes
and than open that file with winrar and than copy its files to pc somewhere , than i connect my iphone with pc via diskaid than i go to var/mobile/applications/than search folder of whatsapp than paste those 2.8.7 file in that folder i replaced them . as by this 2.8.7 whatsapp is installed but it crashes can we solve the crashing problem
Yes i have also tried it and app crashes

Offline metalupo

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »

4. Save and exit.

omg... it's works!! thank you!

after change file i have removed whatsapp.
Shutdown iphone.
Reinstalled whatapps from apptimemachine ( 2.8.4)
and it's works!!

Offline sukhwant_saund

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 04:40:25 PM »

4. Save and exit.

omg... it's works!! thank you!

after change file i have removed whatsapp.
Shutdown iphone.
Reinstalled whatapps from apptimemachine ( 2.8.4)
and it's works!!

nope still not work for me even after restarting

Offline sukhwant_saund

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »
http://www.apptimemachine.com/compatibility.php

Please Mail to them so that they start old version

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
Admin of whited00r please solve this problem we need whatsapp u have build ios than this is just a  small app for u please make some solution for it :) Thank You

They are doing something, lookie post above: Help the community and save WhatsApp for old devices

Offline sukhwant_saund

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2013, 05:45:57 PM »
Admin of whited00r please solve this problem we need whatsapp u have build ios than this is just a  small app for u please make some solution for it :) Thank You

They are doing something, lookie post above: Help the community and save WhatsApp for old devices

Thanks for reply , I have mailed them 6 times but they everytime give same message below

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Please try updating to the latest version of WhatsApp - v2.8.7 - from the App Store: http://www.whatsapp.com/download and see if the newer version resolves your issue. The latest version contains numerous bug fixes and feature improvements for WhatsApp Messenger.

In order to connect to WhatsApp, or activate your number, you will need the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger - v2.8.7 - available from the App Store on your iPhone. Please note that iPod and iPad are not supported devices.

The latest version of WhatsApp for iPhone requires iOS 4.3 or later. Regretfully, Apple does not allow new app updates to be compatible with both iOS 6 and older versions of iOS, effectively ending support for the iPhone 3G. Because of Apple's decision to stop supporting these devices, we can no longer provide new app updates for iPhone 3G users.

If you have an iPhone 3GS or newer device, please update to the latest version of iOS. Instructions for updating can be found at this Apple Support page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4972

WhatsApp is also supported on Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and select Nokia devices. Find out more at http://www.whatsapp.com/

Offline Milowem

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
YES YES YES WORKS!
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2013, 07:55:17 PM »

4. Save and exit.

....TOTALLY WORKS!!! ...ONLY I GOT A PROBLEM NOW, THE NETWORK DOESN'T WORK, ANY HELP???

Offline Milowem

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
MUAHAHAHA. I GOT IT,...the problem with the network
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »
Just you have to put again 3.1.3 in ifile and tachan!! whatapp works perfect! I hope help you guys!! I'm totally sure it works, i did with 2 iphone 3g and it went perfect...

Offline sukhwant_saund

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
this doesnt work for me please explain me what u r doin after having edit about version than u reinstall the app from time machine

look i have edited my vesion and i have done restart and i have also reinstall whatsapp but it still says sorry too old
see my screenshots

Offline Milowem

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:08 PM »
I know i know this printscreens, is the same problem everyone has...

Well, I told u what i did...follow the steps

and seems important(at least is how i did)to reboot the iphone. I didn't reinstall wasap, just I opened the app at it was working (at the beginning with a couple of problem and after introduce the movil number)

P.D I have de WD 6.0

Offline xmodox

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2013, 04:11:19 AM »

4. Save and exit.

like a charm it works !!!!

Offline enalgre

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2013, 05:32:42 AM »

4. Save and exit.

like a charm it works !!!!
Hmmm after i try this and i have problem with SBsettings, sbsettings always crash and my icon layouts broken at all, help please :(