Author Topic: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!  (Read 273041 times)

Offline gymmtim

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2013, 04:42:28 PM »
The solution is not working for iPhone 2G iOS 3.1.3 with WD6 installed. Is there any solution for our beloved iPhone 2G or should we renovate?

Offline Seryuan

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »
WhatsApp work for me again.
My iPhone info:
- iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1
- I had previously activated and running WhatsApp on my phone.

I follow this steps:
1.- Remove WhatsApp from my iphone.
2.- Make jailbroken to my iPhone 3G with redsn0w for Mac v 0.9.6 rc16
3.- Install AppSync for iOS 4x from Cydia
4.- Download iTools for Mac and WhatsApp Messenger 2.8.4 .ipa
5.- Install WhatsApp Messenger 2.8.4 .ipa in my iPhone using iTools
6.- Run WhatsApp and works! App asked me for my phone number, see my contacts...
Donīt asked me for activation code :)

Hope it helps someone, Bye!

Offline azimech49

• helplessly falling in love with whited00r 6
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »
WhatsApp work for me again.
My iPhone info:
- iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1
- I had previously activated and running WhatsApp on my phone.

I follow this steps:
1.- Remove WhatsApp from my iphone.
2.- Make jailbroken to my iPhone 3G with redsn0w for Mac v 0.9.6 rc16
3.- Install AppSync for iOS 4x from Cydia
4.- Download iTools for Mac and WhatsApp Messenger 2.8.4 .ipa
5.- Install WhatsApp Messenger 2.8.4 .ipa in my iPhone using iTools
6.- Run WhatsApp and works! App asked me for my phone number, see my contacts...
Donīt asked me for activation code :)

Hope it helps someone, Bye!

It is already known that, if you had it activated previously, it will work again.

The problem persists for those who never used whatsapp in their iphone.

Has someone tried activating whatsapp in another iphone (3gs+) and then installing in the 3g?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Why Cracked WhatsApp 2.8.4 Never Activated Before Does Not Work!
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »

It is already known that, if you had it activated previously, it will work again.

The problem persists for those who never used whatsapp in their iphone.
Has someone tried activating whatsapp in another iphone (3gs+) and then installing in the 3g?

From http://www.whatsapp.com/legal/

We are not fans of advertising. WhatsApp is currently ad-free and we hope to keep it that way forever. We have no intention to introduce advertisement into the product...

So their business model is selling ad free apps. That is how they make their money. They reversed course under our pressure & re-enabled their server-side checks for older WhatsApp that were already activated once on a given specific device/phone number combo.

They will not activate old cracked WhatsApp on new device/phone number combo.

What is bad is that one cannot buy a legit, paid WhatsApp compatible with lower than iOS 4.3 (iPhone 3GS & newer) in iTunes (say: Thank you Apple & WhatsApp!).  >:(

So get Viber in whited00r 6's App Time Machine or an other alternative IMO and stop whining or trying tricks that do not work.

From http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjackson/2012/12/03/why-selling-whatsapp-to-facebook-would-be-the-biggest-mistake-of-jan-koums-and-brian-actons-lives/

A business model that actually works in the mobile world (99 cents a download) instead of ads.

"Has someone tried activating whatsapp in another iphone (3gs+) and then installing in the 3g?..." - That will not work because even if the phone number is the same, the device is different.

>>> http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/21009863/ <<<

Can I verify one WhatsApp account to multiple phones, or with multiple phone numbers?

Many of you may have different phones or different numbers, and may want to use WhatsApp with one number, but on two phones or vice versa. However, at this time, WhatsApp can only be verified with one number, on one device.

Offline Tschuler

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »
They reversed course under our pressure & re-enabled their server-side checks for older WhatsApp that were already activated once on a given specific device/phone number combo.

But that is not true. If it would, my WhatsApp would work, but it doesnt.

I had it WhatsApp with whited00r 5.2.1 on my 3G with my phone number registered.
I updated it to whited00r 6 and my whatsapp does not work !!

So if it works, what am I doing wrong?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: WhatsApp WD6 Working For Devices Activated in the Past
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »
They reversed course under our pressure & re-enabled their server-side checks for older WhatsApp that were already activated once on a given specific device/phone number combo.

But that is not true. If it would, my WhatsApp would work, but it doesnt.

I had it WhatsApp with whited00r 5.2.1 on my 3G with my phone number registered.
I updated it to whited00r 6 and my whatsapp does not work !!

So if it works, what am I doing wrong?

Sorry but it is your post that is not true.  ;)

1- Read post #1 in this thread about why WhatsApp stopped working & now is again. It has nothing to do with your firmware upgrade. And while you are there follow the link & send protest email to [email protected]#$%&*! WhatsApp.

2- Read users testimonials above (like gianpi's who explained how he did it, just a few posts above yours) about WhatsApp now working for previously activated unique device/phone number combo.

3- You probably have some WhatsApp garbage on your device from the time they were blocking older versions.

4- Find above the mini tutorial by AndreaACME about cleaning up that garbage (and my post below it) & download a fresh WhatsApp version from App Time Machine, reboot & test.

5- Even better: do a clean fresh install of whited00r 6: whited00r Tutorial - Installation. Don't skip these essential steps: reboot twice before making any tweaks/modifications to the iPhone & set as New in iTunes (DO NOT restore from an olde backup!).

5.1- Enable Push Notifications by contributing $1 for the servers & unique push certificates of WD recommended PushFixer.com, download a fresh WhatsApp version from App Time Machine, reboot & test.

6- Report back here if it works for you to add one more testimonial and by doing so help other WD users & contribute to the community8)

Offline Tschuler

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2013, 11:00:03 PM »
Hey,

I did exactly what you wrote in your points 5 and 5.1.  Well I did not enable Push Notifications because I use the normal WD6 version, so that I can activate my iPhone via iTunes.

I set it as new ,rebooted and downloaded whatsapp from AppTimeMachine. Installed it and rebooted the iPhone.
WhatsApp asked me to send push notifications and to use my address book.
I entered my number, and had to enter a code. But then: WhatsApp Version is too old.
That sucks.

But I still geht the Push Notification if somebody texts me:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:05:39 PM by Tschuler »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
WhatsApp WD6 Working For Devices Activated in the Past Receiving Notifications
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2013, 11:40:39 PM »
1- Reboot again (not respring) or even better:

Hard Reset often solve many problems: hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons & smell the roses while it is doing it's thing.  :)

No worries, hard reset will not change any of your info, tweaks & apps on the device.

If it still does not work:

2- Do you have a full backup or at least an app data backup of when WhatsApp was working so you could retrieve the authorization code as described in some posts above?

On the bright side you now have WhatsApp working a little bit & a fresh clean whited00r 6 install.  :)

Offline Tschuler

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:48 AM »
I did the Hard Reset. But still not working.

Sadly, I dont have a older Backup.
I remember the Activation code the sent me, but it I try it whith this code, I just get an Error Message and have to re-enter my phone number.

Well, I guess I have to deal with it.
But thank you very mucho for all your help  ;)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
WhatsApp WD6 Working For Devices Activated in the Past Receiving Notifications
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2013, 12:29:46 AM »
I did the Hard Reset. But still not working.

Sadly, I dont have a older Backup.
I remember the Activation code the sent me, but it I try it whith this code, I just get an Error Message and have to re-enter my phone number.

Well, I guess I have to deal with it.
But thank you very mucho for all your help  ;)

Sorry about that.  :-\

Why not install the whited00r 6 Unlocked version and try it again? Some users above said that WhatsApp did not even ask for the code & worked.

On the plus side, if you travel (using cheap pre-paid SIM) or sell the iPhone 3G any SIM will work. I do not see any benefits in installing the Normal version.  :o

And why not try to just close WhatsApp instead of entering the code and reboot?

"...Sadly, I dont have a older Backup" - So you did not RTFM!  ;) First paragraph of whited00r Tutorial - Installation

Backup your Data.

The installation process is safe and tested, but you are doing this at your own risk. For this reason we suggest that you backup your data (our firmwares have include an iCloud-like application to backup your Game saves to dropbox since Whited00r 5), and transfer your applications from the device back to iTunes on your computer by following these simple steps: Right click on your device name in iTunes, select "Backup" and then "Transfer Purchases".

Next time before changing the firmware, use the free, small, awesome, intuitive but yet powerful and ad free, Standalone - meaning no installation needed iTools (click on English top right of the page, works on Windows or Mac) I mentioned above to do a full backup + individual apps data backup. You can even use it for an installed app that you lost the original ipa and create one on the fly!

Offline azimech49

• View Profile
Re: Why Cracked WhatsApp 2.8.4 Never Activated Before Does Not Work!
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2013, 05:03:14 AM »

Sorry PierreP, its really hard to keep up with so many posts or info.

I'm letting my imagination go wild here and figured out something.

Since Whatsapp only works on previously activated iPhones (despite different firmwares/versions/etc), my only guess is that they save the activation information with the IMEI registered with a phone number, right?

So I was thinking... if someone of you could try, since I can't.

-Borrow a newer iPhone for the purpose of experimentation, say a 3GS
-Change it's IMEI to that of the 3G we want to activate.
-Clean install Whatsapp with the latest version and let activate, on the newer iPhone, with our SIM Card inside.
-Since IMEI + phone number are linked and activated, delete Whatsapp, reinstall on the older 3G.
-See what happens...

profit?

as I say, its pure imagination and speculation. I'll ask for a friend's iphone 4 and see if it works in the next few days.

Offline psychowood

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
Re: Why Cracked WhatsApp 2.8.4 Never Activated Before Does Not Work!
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2013, 06:21:20 PM »
as I say, its pure imagination and speculation. I'll ask for a friend's iphone 4 and see if it works in the next few days.

WA authentication, on iOS, is based on the WLAN MAC Address, not IMEI (for more infos look here. Using yowsup-cli you can fake any phone, the problem is that the previous install won't work anymore, and you will screw up even (if any) a working backup (I did :( ).

Offline Tschuler

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
I have another idea.
Might be the reason that my WhatsApp is not working my Baseband version?
I have 05.15.04 whith which I dont have any problems.
What would be my advantages from downgrading it?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G Baseband 05.15.04 WhatsApp WD6 Problem
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:35 AM »
I have another idea.
Might be the reason that my WhatsApp is not working my Baseband version?
I have 05.15.04 whith which I dont have any problems.
What would be my advantages from downgrading it?

Could you more precise please?

Do you have iPhone 3G Baseband 05.15.04 with whited00r 6 Normal carrier locked version instead of the whited00r 6 Unlocked version (recommended for being able to use any SIM card including prepaid bought abroad when traveling)?

Normally people want to carrier unlock their iPhone 3G and if they have Baseband 05.15.04 then they must do one of those Tutorial methods (thank you Apple for making our lives more difficult):

[Solved] iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 Stuck in Baseband 05.15.04 - No Service

[Solved] whited00r 6 iPhone 3G NO SERVICE NO NETWORK Baseband 05.15.04

If you are happy with your iPhone now, no need to change the baseband and my guess is that it will not fix your [expletive] WhatsApp problem.

Why not try the free Viber alternative that you can find in the App Time Machine? One can find as well 32 other iOS 3.1.3 compatible free social networking apps (Facebook, Skype, Twitter, WhatsApp  :o, Kik Messenger, etc) in App Time Machine, an exclusive store only for whited00r 6 users.  ;) That is not mentioning 170 games & about 200 other apps @ the present.

I did it on my iPhone 3G WD 6 & Viber sent me instantly the registration code & it works fine.

Offline azimech49

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2013, 05:55:48 AM »
i installed Viber the first day i used whited00r and it is great! but i only have 5 friends who have used it, and all 5 deleted it.

anyway, i can chat through facebook with my closest friends. even if it is a little slow.

i wont give up!