Author Topic: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!  (Read 307860 times)

Offline uli4351

• www.whited00r.com
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: [50% Solved] WhatsApp WD6 Problem - Partially Working Update!
« Reply #285 on: April 14, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
I tried using a registered number, and it still it doesn't work.
What if i register  my Number using iDroid and after use Whatsapp on iOS?

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Don't know how useful this maybe. I'm running WD6 on an iPhone 3G, and I haven't installed Whatsapp before on this number (Though I did register once on a Symbian device).

I Downloaded WhatsApp v2.5.6 with the link given by Xander. When I ran the app, it just asked for my number, and DIDN'T ASK FOR A CODE! Then it asked for my screen name, and is now stuck on Creating Favorites.

Yes, all reports that includes device model, iOS & app version number are useful to the Whited00r community so thank you.  8)

Since that phone number was already registered once, that's why you got an error at a different stage than me probably.

But since WhatsApp always requires a new authorization code when you change either the device or the phone number then not asking you for one mean means that it will never work on that device.

I tried using a registered number, and it still it doesn't work.
What if i register  my Number using iDroid and after use Whatsapp on iOS?

Well waste your time trying it or read a couple of posts above yours or read post #1 & 2 in this thread which one should ALWAYS do anyway before posting in any thread in any forum to avoid repetitive basic questions already answered so many times.  :-\

Offline slickme2

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 14, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »
Yes, all reports that includes device model, iOS & app version number are useful to the Whited00r community so thank you. 

Since that phone number was already registered once, that's why you got an error at a different stage than me probably.

But since WhatsApp always requires a new authorization code when you change either the device or the phone number then not asking you for one mean means that it will never work on that device.

Thanks for the mention. But I guess I'll be switching back to Symbian since it doesn't look like Whatsapp will work on ARMv6 devices anytime soon.   :( :(

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
WhatsApp Alternatives
« Reply #288 on: April 14, 2013, 08:05:47 PM »
...I'll be switching back to Symbian since it doesn't look like Whatsapp will work on ARMv6 devices anytime soon.   :( :(

Whited00r 6 > App Market > App Time Machine > Social Networking > where you can find 36 free compatible apps @ the present (and 500+ other type of free apps too).  ;)

Check my post: WhatsApp Alternatives for more details & the list of Social Networking apps in ATM @ the present.

"...it doesn't look like Whatsapp will work on ARMv6 devices anytime soon" - You are probably right, except for users who had previously registered the exact same device + phone number combination as described in post #1.

Offline whitewind0w

• View Profile
WhatsApp 2.8.4 Activated on iPhone 3G - 3GS iOS 3.1.2 Not Working
« Reply #289 on: April 14, 2013, 11:00:43 PM »
Have you tried adding <key>PassCode</key> manually?

I have an iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2 which was activated before but won't let me sign in anymore for some reasons. Any idea?
(I know that I can update the 3GS to the newest firmware but then I would lose the unlock so it's not an option.)

Whatsapp works fine on my iPhone 3G though.

-------------------

Also on the activated 2.8.4 version there's a key string called "JabberID" which is like this:
[email protected]

Maybe we can also add that manually. I'm no expert, just some ideas.

PierreP Moderator note: Edited the post's title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST! and fixed a few typos.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: WhatsApp 2.8.4 Activated on iPhone 3G - 3GS iOS 3.1.2 Not Working
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2013, 03:19:05 AM »
Have you tried adding <key>PassCode</key> manually?

I have an iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2 which was activated before but won't let me sign in anymore for some reasons. Any idea?
(I know that I can update the 3GS to the newest firmware but then I would lose the unlock so it's not an option.)
-------------------

Whatsapp works fine on my iPhone 3G though.

Also on the activated 2.8.4 version there's a key string called "JabberID" which is like this:
[email protected] ...

Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8) And thanks for your contribution.

Could you make a copy of your activated WhatsApp 2.8.4 net.whatsapp.Whatsapp.plist to your computer using iTools as described in the post above: Re: WhatsApp > net.whatsapp.Whatsapp.plist > PassCode then using Notepad you can edit out your personal info and post it here using copy/paste and the Insert Code button in the forum's Post Reply window?

Code: [Select]
Example made by using the Insert Code button

About your iPhone 3GS on iOS 3.1.2 WhatsApp error question: Whited00r supports only 1st & 2nd gen devices (but does it well IMO  ;) ) and any other devices is off-topic except in the Free Forum! - Everything Off Topic Elsewhere Goes Here! board but as a one-time pointer: you need iOS 4.3 or later to install the current WhatsApp 2.8.7 so either you update to iOS 6.1.3 and loose jailbreak or you are lucky and some SHSH blobs unique for this device were saved to Cydia or other servers for older jailbreakable & unlockable iOS for iPhone 3GS. You can use Redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze, TinyUmbrella, etc. to check that and maybe also f0rcast. Download the free f0recast, Snowbreeze, iREB and iDetector For iPhone 3GS tools here: http://ih8sn0w.com/ and good luck!

Offline iKoopa

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »
I've solved the problem. I really don't know how but I did it! Here the explanation that could be useful:
First of all my iPhone isn't jailbroken neither whited00r is installed, so is factory PURE!

After realizing that I had 2 version of whatsapp between iPhone and iTunes (respectively v2.8.4 and very.2.8.7), I erased the the new one (we know the last version recognized is the 2.8.4) and I transfered my purchases from iPhone (via iTunes, right click on iPhone setup) and consequently I found the same version of whatsapp. So I erased the app from phone and I re-installed the version that my phone recognize. After launch of application whatsapp asked simply for my cell number (I think because already registered).

The only problem actually is that it doesn't send and receive pics. I hope is a server temporarily problem.
I'm good because I obtained my app back!;-)

Thanks to everybody, reading your works gave me the power to find a way without jailbreak my phone. Your work is great but I don't need it now. Congratulations!

Offline whitewind0w

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »
Below is my net.whatsapp.WhatsApp.plist from an iPhone 3G 4.2.1 using WhatsApp 2.8.4.
Everything works fine, I just can't send any images.

I've edited <key>OwnJabberID</key> because it had shown my phone number.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ActiveTabIndex</key>
<integer>3</integer>

<key>AddressBookEnabledKey</key>
<true/>

<key>AutoDownload</key>
<false/>

<key>ContactListScrollOffset</key>
<integer>3159</integer>

<key>CrashOccurred</key>
<false/>

<key>CurrentStatusText</key>
<string>80s!!!</string>

<key>DNSCache</key>
<string>CYHIzpmtDsO8v64bSO5MNDDNYD6fmcMxX7hXmfaUZinpLspbKfiG7aErUfek0fjpXkeRqnMpC21abCQZM5yTqCDK903j81iorQcjhQNmT/qjGxQdqrIYMegP18Qb56cMVE+O2rnk8LThEuUws7+dQz/jn6gwsfzOXr62dNxijzMbJGjKEyqYkX9EsOwC0SrDeHdcnd4ZqE4qfAAS3FVVUddD45U3vD/ALi2019GCXgYNDQZCpA7BmOUFIJmQWgHt+ZHtnTTD+TVYrGdnvGmkN4aYub27QAePKXvPICq+unsiUPX4FeP0eprrlTyohi3+</string>

<key>EnableLandscape</key>
<true/>

<key>FavoritesAlertShown</key>
<true/>

<key>FavoritesHUDShown</key>
<true/>

<key>FavoritesListScrollOffset</key>
<integer>0</integer>

<key>FirewallMode</key>
<true/>

<key>FontSize</key>
<integer>14</integer>

<key>FullUserName</key>
<string>Eric</string>

<key>GCMaxGroups</key>
<integer>30</integer>

<key>GCMaxParticipants</key>
<integer>31</integer>

<key>GCSubjectLength</key>
<integer>25</integer>

<key>GCTooltip</key>
<integer>3</integer>

<key>GITooltip</key>
<integer>3</integer>

<key>GroupSound</key>
<string>Tri-tone.caf</string>

<key>MCC</key>
<string>262</string>

<key>MNC</key>
<string>002</string>

<key>NumberOfLaunches</key>
<integer>40</integer>

<key>OwnCountryCode</key>
<string>XXM1r+GIow5Ahubq/dMAVw==</string>

<key>OwnJabberID</key>
<string>[email protected]</string>

<key>OwnPhoneNumber</key>
<string>2SXWkS1hI0Amy1tZMJRf2A==</string>

<key>PersonListScrollOffset</key>
<integer>472</integer>

<key>PreferencesVersion</key>
<integer>13</integer>

<key>PushSound</key>
<string>Tri-tone.caf</string>

<key>SaveReceived</key>
<false/>

<key>SettingsTooltip</key>
<integer>3</integer>

<key>ShareTooltip</key>
<integer>3</integer>

<key>ShowPreviewOff</key>
<true/>

<key>StatMediaBytesReceived</key>
<integer>156951</integer>

<key>StatMediaBytesSent</key>
<integer>0</integer>

<key>StatMessagesReceived</key>
<integer>411</integer>

<key>StatMessagesSent</key>
<integer>89</integer>

<key>StatSystemBytesReceived</key>
<integer>456994</integer>

<key>StatSystemBytesSent</key>
<integer>141375</integer>

<key>Token</key>
<string>LSwJq36FZSNBvbyF6J9ixIS3KiWU0IHUbw1m1wENiy0=</string>

<key>WebKitLocalStorageDatabasePathPreferenceKey</key>
<string>/var/mobile/Applications/A1300DD5-D6C5-40F2-B101-C1E32D3DD3AA/Library/WebKit/LocalStorage</string>

<key>WebKitOfflineWebApplicationCacheEnabled</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

---------------------

Also I wanted to ask if whatsapp still works on my iPhone 3G after installing whited00r?
My iPhone is running really slow and I think whited00r would make it faster.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
How to Back Up WhatsApp Before Installing Whited00r
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
...if whatsapp still works on my iPhone 3G after installing whited00r?
My iPhone is running really slow and I think whited00r would make it faster.

Thank you whitewind0w for reporting back about the WhatsApp issue as it may help other Whited00r users with the same problem.   8)  So +1 Internets for you for giving back to the WD community.

It is extremely important to backup your already working apps + your private data they contain so you can re-install them after flashing any firmware.

For apps that do not require logging in or activation like WhatsApp or Instagram, you do not need to backup the data unless you have some games in which you are at level 5 for example then if you install the app only you will be back to level 1 or install the app + data back up and the game will remember at what level you already were and your profile name for that game.

And that includes if you want to install the fast & fluid Whited00r 6. I had the dog-slow iOS 4.2.1 on my iPhone 3G before I discovered Whited00r a few months ago. I was so impressed that I joined the Whited00r team.  :)

Because if you just install a normal WhatsApp (or Instagram for example) you will not be able to login into your WhatsApp account as ton of users reported in this thread.  :o

But if you back up app + data with iTools for example, you can re-install it in Whited00r in 15 seconds.

See this for more details & screen captures: [Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1

Offline dhillon_81

• Whited00r 7 User on iphone 2G
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
Re: WhatsApp WD6 Problem - iPhone 2G
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
iPhone 2G successfully installed WatsApp by xander way... but issue is that i am not logged in??
Has anyone solved this problem with iphone 2G?

Network status : not connected.

Just want to add here that i am on iPhone 2G, 3.1.3 WD 6, Whatsapp 2.5.6 downloaded from forum , Whatsapp earlier installed & activated,
during installation, it just installed & has not even asked me about my number etc.

Now if i try to find out pass-- they is no three letter word to find out tell me where am I??? Still cant be able to access it.

Help me out. i am nearly there.

Please confirm & mention the method.
I have tried few methods mentioned in forum, but has not got it yet.
All friends ask 4 Whatsapp
Life is really screwed without this.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Sadly, you are just as far as everyone else has gotten :/  No one has gotten further without having had an account logged in previously and having backed up that application data :(

Stay tuned to this thread, because if there is a solution found, it will be posted here ;)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 20, 2013, 08:02:40 PM »
...Help me out. i am nearly there

Send me a million bucks via PayPal and I will PM you the secret solution that we don't post in this thread just to nag our members. ;D

Offline mave93

• View Profile
Fake iOS version to download newer Whatsapp?
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »
Hello everybody,
Today I wanted to fake my ios version because the whatsapp version in timemachine did not work and now I couldnt find ifile im cydia. So is there amother way to fake my ios versiom?

Thanks

Offline ilovemikey

• Jr. Team Member
  • I ♥ Mikey
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
Re: Fake iOS version to download newer Whatsapp?
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »
Hello everybody,
Today I wanted to fake my ios version because the whatsapp version in timemachine did not work and now I couldnt find ifile im cydia. So is there amother way to fake my ios versiom?

Thanks
You should be able to find iFile in the BigBoss repo... [spoiler] or by adding http://cydia.myrepospace.com/lukakotar to your sources [/spoiler]
You can also try Firmware faker:P But even if you "fake" your iOS version, the app probably won't work.

Also, your post is in the wrong thread...

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Fake iOS version to download newer Whatsapp?
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »
No, faking the firmware won't make the app work sadly :(

From the Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Why can't I install Apps that Requires iOS 4.3 or upgrade above iOS 4.2.1?

iOS 4.3 and above and apps that requires iOS 4.3 are using binaries CPU instructions sets for newer devices equipped with ARMv7 CPU & faster GPU and only those Apple devices have it:
ARMv7s = iPhone 5, iPad 4
ARMv7  = iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3G, 4G & 5G, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 & iPad Mini.

Apple Devices with the ARMv6 CPU supported by Whited00r & App Time Machine but not by Apple anymore and dropped slowly & surely by iTunes :

iPod Touch 1G or 1st Generation  - max iOS 3.1.3
    Original iPhone 1G or 1st Gen - max iOS 3.1.3

iPod Touch 2G or 2nd Gen - max iOS 4.2.1
    iPhone 3G or 2nd Gen - max iOS 4.2.1 but it's dog-slow, the very limit of what that hardware can take.  Whited00r is based on a tweaked iOS 3.1.3 because it is much more fluid      with plenty of free available RAM to run apps.

Apple could easily require that app developers include iOS backward compatibility to be eligible to iTunes App Store but they decided not to.     Apple makes the Xcode software that developers are using to create apps and removed support for ARMv6 binaries compatibility in their Xcode 4.5 version (see Mac Developer Library - Xcode Release Notes for technical details). Apparently they re-enabled ARMv6 binaries compatibility in the current Xcode 4.5.2 according to this.