Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service Searching  (Read 257008 times)

Offline nakasumi

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: No Baseband at All?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 03:26:38 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Glad you found the tutorial in the first place ;)  From the official whited00r tutorial, it seems you should just install stock 3.1.3 and then whited00r :)

Tutorial - Downgrade iPhone 3G Baseband

The blank baseband happens sometimes it seems, and isn't a bad thing (you can never actually break the device, so don't worry there), it just means you can restore to the firmware you want the baseband from :)

thx bcooperizcool..
but the problem start when i tried to downgrade Baseband 06.15.00 to 05.13.04 :(
so..after i follow the instruction to downgrade using Redsn0w 0.9.14b2..the firmware,IMEI,& also the bootloader gone AWOL  :o
the firmware should be change to 05.13.04..but it won't happen  :-[
can you help me please?
appreciate for your kindness mate..thx so much

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 03:43:33 AM »
I know :)  That is why I linked to the other tutorial ;)

A quote from it about the blank baseband:
Open Redsn0w and select “Extras” then “Select IPSW”. Select the Stock iOS 4.2.1 firmware you downloaded in the step previous step. Do a controlled shutdown of your iPhone (“slide to power off”): this step is very important to avoid mount problems. On Redsn0w click “Back” and you will see the initial window. This time click on “Jailbreak”.

Enable “install Cydia” and “Downgrade from iPad Baseband” checkboxes. Click “next” and “next” to proceed through the normal DFU steps

The flashing process will begin: don't touch the device and don't disconnect the USB cable. It may take up to 10 minutes.

After this process check the “Modem Firmware” in Settings –> General –> About. You should see that your baseband information are missing (seems that your baseband is broken, but it isn't: we just need to load the basaband that your prefer: in this tutorial we will install 05.12.01 using iPhoneOS 3.1.3 stock firmware.

So after trying to downgrade the baseband from 06.15.00 the blank baseband is normal :)  So you can just restore to stock 3.1.3 right now with the blank baseband, and then whited00r and you will be good :)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
No Need to Use iOS 3.1.3 Stock to Downgrade to Baseband 5.13.04, Maybe?
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 06:13:55 AM »

So after trying to downgrade the baseband from 06.15.00 the blank baseband is normal :)  So you can just restore to stock 3.1.3 right now with the blank baseband, and then whited00r and you will be good :)

Well it is not "normal" because I followed the tutorial in post #1 of this thread and I was successful without having to use iOS 3.1.3 stock to get baseband 05.12.01 and this step was correct on my iPhone 3G:

"3f. iPhone reboots and here you go! Now you should have the 5.13.04 baseband at Settings > General > About".

But I removed the SIM before doing anything and rebooted twice after downgrading the baseband to make sure it sticks (just like after installing Whited00r BTW) so maybe that is why I did not get the blank baseband thingy and the extra steps of using 3.1.3 stock.  :o

BTW this thread was read 17,300 times so far and nobody else reported a blank baseband.

Anyway I updated post #1 with additional info & link.

Man I hate Apple for making us jump through so many hoops to be able to do what WE WANT and OUR devices which they don't care about as they don't even support them anymore.  >:(

Offline nakasumi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 06:33:28 AM »

wow..that was very..very..very help me bcooperizcool
finally my iPhone 3g can use as iPhone not iPod :P
many thanks for you guys..cheers

Offline cvbiopc

• View Profile
First I would like to thank and apologize to PierreP for using PM. Honestly there was no reply buttom on the top of the forum and there is now.

My initial problem was the following:

I had installed whited00r 6 unlocked on my unlocked iphone 3g and got the no network problem. My phone is second hand and accepted any SIM but I do not know if it was factory unlocked or someone else unlocked it. Before whited00r 6 I had jailbroken it using redsn0w
I have attempted your solution A from http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index?topic=7243.0 and no scucces. I had some doubts using solution B as I do not know if previous owners have downgraded and therefore the red lines in the forum scared me to tried...but thinking that anyway i had an unusable phone as it standed I deceided to restore in i-Tunes the official firware.

I am happy to say it worked and my phone is backe as it was before i attempted any Jailbreak. It continues to be unlocked as I have tried two different SIM cards from differnte companies and both work.
Now i want to get on with the faboulos staff of whited00r and my guess is now that i have to choose the normal whited00r 6 file am I right? also is there any need to jailbreak it using redsn0w? my guess again is that there is not such need since your whited00r will install Cydia anyway.

Thanks for all the great help and again apologies, I am new to all the forum stuff also new to iphones and obviously to jailbreaking!!!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Welcome to the forums :)

I'm guessing your baseband was 05.15.05 then?  ;)   

Did you actually get the baseband downgraded?  (I know for some people they have had issues with redsn0w freezing and such).

The red text in solution B is nothing to worry about, it is just a pointer ;)  It doesn't matter if you do accidentally restore to the official firmware, you would simply just need to follow the steps over again.

If you install whited00r you do not need to jailbreak, as you are correct, it does include Cydia :)

Offline cvbiopc

• View Profile
My baseband was 05.15.04 before restoring the original fireware and it continues to be the same.
I have now finished dowloading the whited00r 6 normal and I am ready to install. I hope it is the right stuff and will work and i undestand i do not need to upgrade/dowgrade by baseband.

Hope it works

Offline cvbiopc

• View Profile
1604 error iTunes
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 04:21:37 PM »
No. It did not work.
An unknow error ocurred (1604) on iTunes. :'(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
1604 error iTunes
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 05:34:38 PM »
No. It did not work.
An unknow error ocurred (1604) on iTunes. :'(

From the Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING![/url], two methods to solve this issue (well, two tutorials ;) )
First off, the official whited00r one:
Whited00r Tutorial - Solve Installation Errors
Secondly, an older post, but it still is the same method, just with 3 ways to solve it instead of one ;)
[TUT] iTunes 16xx Installation errors - 3 methods to solve

Hope that helps! :)

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
Interesting Topic, thanks for posting this.
I have to try this. but before i start i have a couple questions to get this straight if i may:

1st Is restoring to iOS 3.1.3 necessary? I mean, if the custom 4.2.1 could work itself then why downgrade it?
2nd If we upgrade to 5.x.x to obtain Baseband 6.15.xx could work same as using the added custom iOS then the whole restoring parade could cut shorter and having iOS 5.x.x with 5.13.x BB could be a nice thing right? I know it's usually not supported for 3G to have 5.x.x but if you install ultrasnow beforehand it allows you to do that.
I just wanna know my lousy theories could be true or there's a reason to the way you guys solved it. if Baseband is low enough UltraSn0w could unlock the iPhone. and the last question, how to use IREB

thanks in advance.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
...1st Is restoring to iOS 3.1.3 necessary? I mean, if the custom 4.2.1 could work itself then why downgrade it?
2nd If we upgrade to 5.x.x to obtain Baseband 6.15.xx could work same as using the added custom iOS then the whole restoring parade could cut shorter and having iOS 5.x.x with 5.13.x BB could be a nice thing right? I know it's usually not supported for 3G to have 5.x.x but if you install ultrasnow beforehand it allows you to do that...

Welcome to the Whited00r forum!  8)

"...If we upgrade to 5.x.x to obtain Baseband 6.15.xx" and "...iOS 5.x.x" sorry but I don't understand.  :o

Could you edit your post please and be more precise?

iPhone 3G cannot run anything above iOS 4.2.1 because of it's hardware limitations but you did not mention any iPhone model number so I don't know for sure if you are talking about that model or not.  :o

If you are talking about the tutorial in post #1 then which step # are you referring to exactly?

About iREB, what part of the iREB image in that post do you need more explanations about?

Close iTunes > connect your device > start iREB and click on the right button depending on your device model. Once in DFU Mode, start iTunes and do your thing.

Youtube search: how to use iREB

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
Um, I'm talking about iPhone 3G and it's downgrade indeed, and yes you're right normally you can not upgrade 3G above 4.2.1 but via few tricks you might be able to do so (there are tutorials about it and all). what i meant was: if instead of making a custom iOS, we used an actual iOS to improve our baseband to 6.15 then we don't have to do few more steps including restoring 3.1.3 and unlocked iOS after, although i'm not sure if the Baseband RedSn0w is giving after the downgrade is quite unlockable itself (that's my main question). thanks for answering in short notice.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:51:03 PM by alexino11 »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Um, I'm talking about iPhone 3G... if instead of making a custom iOS, we used an actual iOS to improve our baseband to 6.15...

Yes, you can skip step #1 and follow the rest of the tutorial.

You cannot skip anything else otherwise you will fail.

I followed to the letter steps #2, 3 & 4 for carrier unlocking three different iPhone 3G's with a 100% success rate.  :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Um, I'm talking about iPhone 3G and it's downgrade indeed, and yes you're right normally you can not upgrade 3G above 4.2.1 but via few tricks you might be able to do so (there are tutorials about it and all). what i meant was: if instead of making a custom iOS, we used an actual iOS to improve our baseband to 6.15 then we don't have to do few more steps including restoring 3.1.3 and unlocked iOS after, although i'm not sure if the Baseband RedSn0w is giving after the downgrade is quite unlockable itself (that's my main question). thanks for answering in short notice.

You cannot upgrade the iPhone 3G above 4.2.1 period, there are no tricks that make it work with a higher firmware, not even 4.3.3.  The custom 4.2.1 firmware is purely for upgrading the baseband to 06.15.00, which then can be downgraded using Redsn0w to go to 05.13.04 :)

I would be interested for links to the tutorials for upgrading the 3G to higher than 4.2.1 though ;)

You can restore to stock 4.2.1 and then use the "Upgrade to iPad baseband" option in redsn0w (unless you are on 3.1.3 and have the baseband 06.15.00).  Then after it upgrades, you use the "Downgrade from iPad baseband" option in redsn0w again to get to 05.13.04, which is unlockable via ultrasn0w.  That is the shortest route to downgrade the baseband sadly :(

Offline alexino11

• View Profile
You cannot upgrade the iPhone 3G above 4.2.1 period, there are no tricks that make it work with a higher firmware, not even 4.3.3.  The custom 4.2.1 firmware is purely for upgrading the baseband to 06.15.00, which then can be downgraded using Redsn0w to go to 05.13.04 :)

I would be interested for links to the tutorials for upgrading the 3G to higher than 4.2.1 though ;)

You can restore to stock 4.2.1 and then use the "Upgrade to iPad baseband" option in redsn0w (unless you are on 3.1.3 and have the baseband 06.15.00).  Then after it upgrades, you use the "Downgrade from iPad baseband" option in redsn0w again to get to 05.13.04, which is unlockable via ultrasn0w.  That is the shortest route to downgrade the baseband sadly :(

you're probably right, I haven't tried those tutorials or anything, i just came across a few idk maybe you're right. so how you explained, means to make our phone unlockable, restoring to 3.1.3 is inevitable.
thanks for taking your time mate, I'll try it the way tutorial explained then. cheers